Goddard's Kick

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

Goddard's Kick

Just watching the reply, and the kick from Goddard to Riewoldt is unbeleivable.
I am talking about the one where Dal gets the clearance and gives it to BJ who then thumps to ball into what seems to be an open fwd line and Roo marks over the top and kicks the goal.

I think we should try to utilise this skill of Goddard's as much as we can on the weekend. With kosi having 5cm on Scarlett and Roo having a much higher leap than Taylor (despite being the same size) i think this could be a very useful tool. Traditionally this year we have taken the ball out to the wings, and the #1 priority is to hold onto the ball. We then look for a clean way into the 50. This has been effective, but i expect (hope) to see Goddard spend plenty of time in the middle on Saturday, to try and utilise his booming 60m passes

spert
Saintsational Legend

I notice some reluctance in the last couple of games at kicking long into the forward line for some unknown reason, so it was good to see Goddard do the long, quick kick -the forwards need to be one-out.

Gurgman
Club Player

Yeah and the kick that hit him on the chest from 50mtrs away from Zac was sensational , thats why he is in the side