Has enough been made of Dal's finals series so far?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

maverick
Saintsational Legend

Has enough been made of Dal's finals series so far?

He was very good against the Pies, and I thought he raised it another level against the Doggies.

He has always been class, but often played too safe for my liking. The goal he kicked in the 2nd was sublime and reinforced to me that if he took the game on just a little more, he can be one of the best in the comp. IMO he currently sits one tier down, from the very best mids. His intensity has lifted for the finals, and his inside work within the centre square is crucial.

Reckon the Ling tag elsewhere is a huge benefit to the team.

Legendary
Club Player

I have never called Dal Santo tough.

He's never lacked the guts to put his head over the footy, but I've never seen him display the strength of will that Hayes and Riewoldt do.

Until this finals series.

He has been hard at it but also tough - he WANTS to lead this club to a premiership as well, and he's shaken taggers and public attention to get us the results we need.

He's been outstanding, found the footy and used it well.

Let's hope it continues.

Great call.

Richter
SS Life Member

Lenny has the steel, Dal Santo the silk, Joey the run and Goddard the precision. Hopefully it will all continue to gel in the midfield on Saturday. And that Luke can step up to these boys level once again.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
matrix
Saintsational Legend

im sure i saw somewhere he was leading hardball gets for the club not that long ago

im not 100%, but it was a stat that was a kind of head at the pill thing and i thought 'wow' and most of us call him an outside player.

tried to find the stat somewhere
gave up

karnaby
Club Player

Legendary wrote:I have never called Dal Santo tough.

He's never lacked the guts to put his head over the footy, but I've never seen him display the strength of will that Hayes and Riewoldt do.

Until this finals series.

He has been hard at it but also tough - he WANTS to lead this club to a premiership as well, and he's shaken taggers and public attention to get us the results we need.

He's been outstanding, found the footy and used it well.

Let's hope it continues.

Great call.
Re toughness - I well remember him backing back with the flight of the ball trying to mark with Glen Archer bearing down on him. He got well belted but picked himself up before Archer did. That is tough enough for my liking!

As to the rest of it I pretty much agree. He is standing up to be counted and that is all we can ask of him.

It's a shame ignorance isn't painful
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

If it's true he played with a rolled ankle, that's a pretty tough peformance in my book....

devil saint
Club Player

He played beautifully on Friday. Very good inside and outside. Love it when he has the ball - a second to relax! Go Dal - kill Ling on Saturday!!!

widereceiver
Club Player

With all due respect, he was not tagged closely on Friday night. I hope he has a blinder on Saturday and keeps putting it down the throat of our big forwards.

"Winning's not everything, it's the ONLY thing!" Vince Lombardi.
Sam Gilbert #1 booster - always on the attack!!!
Win more for Winmar
stinger
Saintsational Legend

seriously...no...roo has received all the press...dal has slipped under the radar a bit...but that's good...

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.