Which end is cheersquad?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

devil saint
Club Player

Which end is cheersquad?

Is it just a given that the "home" team, meaning us, will be at the Ponsford end or is it more random than that? I hope we're at the southern end because we have just had confirmation of our ticket locations - M4.

The Bug
Club Player

Re: Which end is cheersquad?

devil saint wrote:Is it just a given that the "home" team, meaning us, will be at the Ponsford end or is it more random than that? I hope we're at the southern end because we have just had confirmation of our ticket locations - M4.
you beat me by a 1 min :D

mullet
Saintsational Legend

Isnt home team decided by coin toss

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

i wouldnt know what end we are at sorry.
the GF is not the same as finals.
i guess we will find out where we are sitting when we pick up our tickets (i hope ponny, because im not paying $108 to sit in the sun squinting all day)

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
Saint05
Club Player

Does the C/S get the entire standard bay behind the goals SD...?

Strength through Loyality!
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

Saint05 wrote:Does the C/S get the entire standard bay behind the goals SD...?
no. not even half of it

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
Saint05
Club Player

saintdooley wrote:
no. not even half of it
Hmmm, I have two standard tickets thats all. Was wondering the possibility of getting a seat in that area. Time will tell tomorrow I guess...

Should be at the Ponsford End though. If we knocked Collingwood out of it two weeks ago then I would say its ours again :wink:

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

Saint05 wrote:
saintdooley wrote:
no. not even half of it
Hmmm, I have two standard tickets thats all. Was wondering the possibility of getting a seat in that area. Time will tell tomorrow I guess...

Should be at the Ponsford End though. If we knocked Collingwood out of it two weeks ago then I would say its ours again :wink:
chances are pretty good.
if you look back on the past Grannys behind the goals there are about 6 bays in a row of only the 1 team, unlike finals where its 2 bays of saints, then 2 doggies, then 2 saints etc....

Moods
Saintsational Legend

How awesome did the saints fans look at the Ponsford end on Friday night? Looked like we had the entire stand for saints fans. In fact I reckon in a crowd of 80,000 we outnumbered the bullies 3:1 Great effort.

Saint05
Club Player

saintdooley wrote:
Saint05 wrote:
saintdooley wrote:
no. not even half of it

chances are pretty good.
if you look back on the past Grannys behind the goals there are about 6 bays in a row of only the 1 team, unlike finals where its 2 bays of saints, then 2 doggies, then 2 saints etc....
I think Corporates get Level 2 on the Ponsford. From memory it was everyone in suits and ties there last year...

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:
Saint05 wrote:
saintdooley wrote:
no. not even half of it

chances are pretty good.
Based on that theory...would it not be at the other end where we sem to have M57, M1, M3, M4....

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

My guess (based on same as saintsRrising) is that the cheersquad will be at the Punt Road End M2 !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Grimfang
Club Player

Posted this also in the Grand Final Tickets thread:-

So far, I'm working on the theory that we have Saints allocated to seats in and around M2 (M1, M3 & M4). There are some that have been allocated to M28, M29, M30 but those aren't quite directly behind the goals; there doesn't seem to be any allocated to M31-35.

Given this spread of allocations, I think the cheersquad will be in M2 - M3 (I thought M3 & M33 were allocated as standard seating because that is where the cheersquads would be sitting); surely they wouldn't put opposition supporters basically in the middle of a cheersquad at a Grand Final? I know AFL fans are generally well-behaved but that's just asking for trouble....

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons; for you are a quick and tasty morsel.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Grimfang wrote:Posted this also in the Grand Final Tickets thread:-

So far, I'm working on the theory that we have Saints allocated to seats in and around M2 (M1, M3 & M4). There are some that have been allocated to M28, M29, M30 but those aren't quite directly behind the goals; there doesn't seem to be any allocated to M31-35.

Given this spread of allocations, I think the cheersquad will be in M2 - M3 (I thought M3 & M33 were allocated as standard seating because that is where the cheersquads would be sitting); surely they wouldn't put opposition supporters basically in the middle of a cheersquad at a Grand Final? I know AFL fans are generally well-behaved but that's just asking for trouble....
Plus I am in M57 which is next to M1.

So that is 5 St Kilda Bays in a row...goals inclusive.

If The Cat's cheersquad is there they will be surrounded...so it seems more likely that the Saints CS will be there.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....