To anyone thinking of queueing for a ticket.......

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

dalboy
Club Player

To anyone thinking of queueing for a ticket.......

I need some thoughts. I have an AFL member's barcode, he is not going and has given it to me. He is from a non competing club, so tix go on sale Monday 9.00am. The AFL has stated that there are sufficent tickets to cover all AFL full members from supporting clubs, so there will be tickets left over come Monday morning.
I live out of Melbourne and intend to queue at a regional outlet, they give out queue number tix from 6.30am Monday, my dillema is when do I set up camp? Anyone out there had queueing experience? What time do people start to arrive?
I am thinking of going down about midnight and trying to get some sleep on my chair.....
Any thoughts?

Happiness is a warm pie!
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

if it's an AFL member Stkilda club support then tickets are on sale tomorrow....(sunday)

if you know for sure it's Monday then go to a Ticketek outlet tomorrow and ask them what they have planned for Monday...they may give you a raffle ticket which defines your position in a queue....

Season 2024 is where RTB is showing the footy world his grasp of the modern game. :shock:
matrix
Saintsational Legend

leave now
grab a swag with a full zip up
make a thermos of something hot
take another blanket to put under the swag if on concrete
take a beanie
something to read
and a booklight
oh and the barcode and cash stashed in ya zipped up pocket in ya trackies ya wearing in the swag
take an ipod or dvd player of some description fully charged
if ya have a misses
get a double swag and repeat the above

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

matrixcutter wrote:leave now
take a beanie
something to read
and a booklight
oh and the barcode and cash stashed in ya zipped up pocket in ya trackies ya wearing in the swag
if ya have a misses
thats not quite right...i went to a Ticketek outlet this morning and talked to them about Grand Final tickets on sale on Sunday...they gave me a raffle ticket which puts me No.7 in the queue..whenever i turn up before 10,.00 am Sunday they put me at the front of the queue...well 7th in the queue...how good is that....

Season 2024 is where RTB is showing the footy world his grasp of the modern game. :shock:
matrix
Saintsational Legend

hey thats a good idea

takes away from the chase a bit and the whole sit outside and camp thing
thou
but good for oldies :P :P 8-)

dalboy
Club Player

bobmurray wrote:
matrixcutter wrote:leave now
take a beanie
something to read
and a booklight
if ya have a misses
thats not quite right...i went to a Ticketek outlet this morning and talked to them about Grand Final tickets on sale on Sunday...they gave me a raffle ticket which puts me No.7 in the queue..whenever i turn up before 10,.00 am Sunday they put me at the front of the queue...well 7th in the queue...how good is that....
I think the raffle ticket/ queue ticket is up to the individual agency how they wish to run it. My agency gives out the queue number tickets from 6.30am Monday. So I effectively queueing for a queue ticket. I get my number, I can come home, then go back at 9.00am and join the queue corresponding to my number

Happiness is a warm pie!
matrix
Saintsational Legend

kinda like buying ham or salami at the woolworths deli i guess

"number 12?....12?"

dalboy
Club Player

Some amusing responses there, especially you Bob Murray (by the way he was my teacher in grade 6 at Worthing Rd Primary)
But seriously what time do I arrive? How many tickets do you reckon will be left over after AFL competing club members buy their tickets?
I reckon I'm going at midnight tomorrow night, if I'm the only one there so be it, well at least I know I'll get a ticket.

Happiness is a warm pie!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

dalboy wrote:Some amusing responses there, especially you Bob Murray (by the way he was my teacher in grade 6 at Worthing Rd Primary)
But seriously what time do I arrive? How many tickets do you reckon will be left over after AFL competing club members buy their tickets?
I reckon I'm going at midnight tomorrow night, if I'm the only one there so be it, well at least I know I'll get a ticket.
Just ring up on the phone. get a few family and friends on the mobiles. i get a ticket every year doing it that way.

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
dalboy wrote:Some amusing responses there, especially you Bob Murray (by the way he was my teacher in grade 6 at Worthing Rd Primary)
Just ring up on the phone. get a few family and friends on the mobiles. i get a ticket every year doing it that way.
Oh.

I thought you had a friend at the MCC who organised your tickets... :roll: wasn't it 16 in the 97 GF?

ROFPMSL.

Or MCC membership, or AFL membership as well, or Club membership, or...FFS, get back to sweeping the dirt the boots leave on the floor at the club please...

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Iceman234 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Oh.

I thought you had a friend at the MCC who organised your tickets... :roll: wasn't it 16 in the 97 GF?

ROFPMSL.

Or MCC membership, or AFL membership as well, or Club membership, or...FFS, get back to sweeping the dirt the boots leave on the floor at the club please...
And your point is what that i lied. Well you are clearly wrong. i get AFL tickets every year by ringing up and yes i got 16 in 1997 and yes I have a mate at the MCC but i dont get tickets off him inless i need to. You dont waste requests when the saints arent playing. 1997 and 2009 will be my years for requests.

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

My point is you would have to be the second biggest tosser on this site...FFS emoticon, get back to scrubbing the floor FFS emoticon.

And go you Sainters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Iceman234 wrote:My point is you would have to be the second biggest tosser on this site...FFS emoticon, get back to scrubbing the floor FFS emoticon.

Dont you like me anymore?

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Iceman234 wrote:My point is you would have to be the second biggest tosser on this site...FFS emoticon, get back to scrubbing the floor FFS emoticon.

I said SECOND biggest tosser, possibly even bordering on third.

Surely that shows you that you've gone up in my books... :wink:

The Saintsational Man
Club Player

Iceman234 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Who's the biggest?

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

The Saintsational Man wrote:
Iceman234 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Who's the biggest?
Not you TSM... :wink:

I think the biggest speaks for his/her/GT's self... :roll:

Alfie Hewsdale
Club Player

afl MEMBERS TICKETS

As an AFL STK club support member I have had no trouble getting tickets to the GF since 2001.

There are 1674 STK and 2451 Cats cub support members who are guaranteed a ticket so that leaves around 19000 tickets for the remaining 48000 AFL Full members.

I think the majority of AFL members aren't interested in paying the extra $100 for GF tix.

Any that are left after that go to STK or Cats Silver members of which there are around 2000.

Good luck queueing.