No Talk is good

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

older saint
SS Life Member

No Talk is good

Very interesting that the 2 teams which are the outsiders this week are the one who have been doing the talking in the media about the opposition. Malthouse re Geelong and Eade re 50 50 game we are not underdogs etc.

I am comfortable with this as it says to me that deep down the coaches know that on a level playing field they canot win and that they need something else phsycological to get over the line.

The saints and cats seem very focussed on the job at hand and if they perform as per this year should win.

fingers
Saintsational Legend

You beat me to it. I am very happy that we are not really figuring in the papers etc. Just going about our business.

aussiejones
Club Player

"The saints and cats seem very focussed on the job at hand and if they perform as per this year should win."

Little talk is good ..but next week expect a deluge of Press.

I am confident Ross has the boys well focussed. We are a settled group and the GF (I expect to face Geelong ) will be a very tough encounter.
Expect the Cats to be primed ...

Duggie
Club Player

Hear hear !
I have always claimed that ONE of the factors that cost us in 1997 was that Stan Alves (a great coach) openly said to his boys to go out and savor the moment. He led the way by appearing a lot on TV. I would rather have had the boys locked away from the glare of the media. :lol:

A Saint Forever!