Lets hope that the Filth players are as arrogant..

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Lets hope that the Filth players are as arrogant..

As some of their supporters :roll:

...went to the Dogs/Filth game wearing my saints scarf and after the siren a female Filth supporter turned to me and said and I quote

"Sorry in advance for next week"

I just smiled and said yes you will be... 8-)

Just sums up the incredible arrogance and mindset of the average filth supporter and lets hope their players are thinking cakewalk as well. :twisted:

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
Beej
Saintsational Legend

Haha credit to you for wearing your colours.

:lol:

Who were you going for?

I found myself watching on tv trying to work out who I would rather play.

All I could figure out was that I wanted to play the team that lost and with the Bulldogs looking as though they would win by less than 22, it wasn't looking good.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Re: Lets hope that the Filth players are as arrogant..

saint patrick wrote:... lets hope their players are thinking cakewalk as well. :twisted:
Ahhh - Its cakewalk is it - I thought the song went - All our premierships are paid for. :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: Then the draft came in and they have not gone so well!

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
Ice Wolf
Club Player

Re: Lets hope that the Filth players are as arrogant..

saint patrick wrote:As some of their supporters :roll:

...went to the Dogs/Filth game wearing my saints scarf and after the siren a female Filth supporter turned to me and said and I quote

"Sorry in advance for next week"

I just smiled and said yes you will be... 8-)

Just sums up the incredible arrogance and mindset of the average filth supporter and lets hope their players are thinking cakewalk as well. :twisted:
She was saying sorry for the insipid effort her team will put in next week.

milney044
Club Player

Forget the arrogance, i'm still coming to terms with a Collwingwood supporter being able to calculate that it's us they'll be facing next week. :shock:

Destiny. It's in our hands.

Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.
saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

OLB wrote:Haha credit to you for wearing your colours.

:lol:

Who were you going for?

I found myself watching on tv trying to work out who I would rather play.

All I could figure out was that I wanted to play the team that lost and with the Bulldogs looking as though they would win by less than 22, it wasn't looking good.
Yeh was a weird feeling ..was exactly the same just wasn't sure who I wanted to play...in the end I think the dogs would be as hard to beat so lets have a crack at the pies early.

Was one of the most bizarre days at the footy I've experienced after watching our game earlier where we clearly were in protective mode for next week and the Dees not wanting to win...surreal atmosphere :shock:
Last edited by saint patrick on Mon 31 Aug 2009 1:13pm, edited 1 time in total.

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

milney044 wrote:Forget the arrogance, i'm still coming to terms with a Collwingwood supporter being able to calculate that it's us they'll be facing next week. :shock:
It was probably announced somewhere!

lol

Have a fantastic Collingwood joke if anyone wants me to publish it!

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
milney044
Club Player

Go on, post it!

Destiny. It's in our hands.

Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

50,000 Collingwood Fans meet at the MCG for a "Collingwood Fans Are Not stupid" Convention.

Eddie says, "We are all here today to prove to all of Australia that Collingwood Fans are not stupid.

Can I have a volunteer."

Nick Maxwell gingerly works his way through the crowd and steps up to the stage.

Eddie asks him, "What is fifteen plus fifteen?"

After 15 or 20 seconds Chris says, "Eighteen!".

Obviously everyone is a little disappointed.

Then all 50,000 Collingwood Fans start chanting, "GIVE HIM ANOTHER CHANCE! GIVE HIM ANOTHER CHANCE!"

Eddie says, "Well since we've gone to the trouble of getting 50,000 of you
in one place and we have the Australian press and broadcast media here, I think we can give him another chance."

So he asks, "What is seven plus seven?"

After nearly 30 seconds he eventually says, "Ninety!"

Eddie is quite perplexed, looks down and just lets out a dejected sigh everyone is disheartened.

Nick starts crying and the 50,000 Collingwood Fans begin to yell and wave their hands shouting, "GIVE HIM ANOTHER CHANCE! GIVE HIM ANOTHER CHANCE!"

Eddie, unsure whether or not he is doing more harm than damage, eventually says, "OK! OK! Just one more chance.

What is two plus two?" Nick closes his eyes, and after a whole minute eventually says, "Four!"

Throughout the stadium, pandemonium breaks out as all 50,000 Collingwood fans jump to their feet, wave their arms, stamp their feet and scream...

"GIVE HIM ANOTHER CHANCE! GIVE HIM ANOTHER CHANCE!"

― Aristophanes

35...LEGEND
Club Player

:lol: :lol: :lol:

StSteven
Club Player

Funniest joke I have heard for years....love it!

Beej
Saintsational Legend

saint patrick wrote:Was one of the most bizarre days at the footy I've experienced after watching our game earlier where we clearly were in protective mode for next week and the Dees not wanting to win...surreal atmosphere :shock:
It was bizarre. The atmosphere was flat with a definite air of inevitability about it. What was even more strange was that I actually thought there was a chance we were going to lose in that last quarter. It had me puzzled.

If I had been sitting in front of the Melb coaches box I would've felt like getting Bailey's attention to gesture something to mean, "what are you playing at here?!"