No Etihad Final

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

timclark27
Club Player

No Etihad Final

No Etihad final in the first week and checking the predictor, unless the AFL has a contract to do so, their could be none next week either. So possibly none for the whole final series. Bad luck or the AFL sticking to Etihad management?

St Michele
Club Player

Great isn't it we are top of the ladder to get a home advantage in the finals but have to go to Collingwood's home ground for th final worng I suppoes the good thing is we will get to play again there.

Michele
Goals are dreams with deadlines!!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

St Michele wrote:Great isn't it we are top of the ladder to get a home advantage in the finals but have to go to Collingwood's home ground for th final worng I suppoes the good thing is we will get to play again there.
Maybe we should have it at etihad and 40,000 miss out and we get one less game at the G to practice. Makes perfect sense.

Reverend Bob
Club Player

Docklands will not be used when more money is on offer elsewhere. We should instead aim to play more games at the G during the season if we intend to perform there in September.

Advertising is the rattling of a stick inside a swill bucket.
battye
Saintsational Legend

Why did they choose to make Telstra Dome a ~55,000 seater when they built it? Were there serious cash/size constraints that stopped them from making it say ~75,000?

Presumably if there was ever something happening that stopped the MCG being used for the Grand Final then it would be relocated to TD. At ~75,000 it could still be used for finals and maybe some of the H&A blockbuster games too.

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Re: No Etihad Final

timclark27 wrote:No Etihad final in the first week and checking the predictor, unless the AFL has a contract to do so, their could be none next week either. So possibly none for the whole final series. Bad luck or the AFL sticking to Etihad management?
Did you come down with the last shower?

It has always been known there will be no final at Docklands, unless all four are in Melbourne.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

battye wrote:Why did they choose to make Telstra Dome a ~55,000 seater when they built it? Were there serious cash/size constraints that stopped them from making it say ~75,000?

Presumably if there was ever something happening that stopped the MCG being used for the Grand Final then it would be relocated to TD. At ~75,000 it could still be used for finals and maybe some of the H&A blockbuster games too.
Yep they should have made it 75000 so we lose even more money when 30000 turn up. A perfect size stadium that can hold the 4th Melbourne final when there is one.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

battye wrote:Why did they choose to make Colonial Stadium a ~55,000 seater when they built it?
so it make the ideal homeless shelter for melbourne based clubs.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
battye
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
battye wrote:Why did they choose to make Telstra Dome a ~55,000 seater when they built it? Were there serious cash/size constraints that stopped them from making it say ~75,000?

Yep they should have made it 75000 so we lose even more money when 30000 turn up. A perfect size stadium that can hold the 4th Melbourne final when there is one.
True. Still, you'd think it would be better to make a stadium too big rather than too small. Australia's population isn't shrinking...

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
gooner
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
St Michele wrote:Great isn't it we are top of the ladder to get a home advantage in the finals but have to go to Collingwood's home ground for th final worng I suppoes the good thing is we will get to play again there.
Maybe we should have it at etihad and 40,000 miss out and we get one less game at the G to practice. Makes perfect sense.
Etihad is our home ground and we do play better there.
Couldn't give a stuff how many miss out, me included, if it gives us a better chance of making the big one.
What is the difference between finishing 1st and 4th? Where is the reward?

"The humble improve" Wynton Marsalis
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gooner wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Couldn't give a stuff how many miss out, me included, if it gives us a better chance of making the big one.
As I have said before were you upset last year when we played Geelong at the G in the first game.

gooner
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
gooner wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
As I have said before were you upset last year when we played Geelong at the G in the first game.
If I was a Geelong fan I would have been. At least the G was not our home ground.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gooner wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
gooner wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
If I was a Geelong fan I would have been. At least the G was not our home ground.
So you honestly think we should play at the dome and only 50000 go and we get no finals practice at the G till the prelim or should that be there as well.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: Maybe we should have it at etihad and 40,000 miss out and we get one less game at the G to practice. Makes perfect sense.
glad you're so confident you'd put spectators rights ahead of a bigger advantage to get the weeks rest! I'd say all saints members get tickets to the dome, the leftovers go to pies members to ballot. i'd rather maximise our chances of winning first week - which then maximises our chances of going all the way.

and finals game aren't about 'practice' - it's cutthroat and to go all the way you need more than just form - but i would've thought a saints fan would know how hard it is to even make the final, let alone win one!

but it's all academic - the afl is about the money first, equity second - that's the ballpark we're playing in now.

and despite it advantaging some over others - the cats did it (just once mind you) - we're going all the way this year!

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

desertsaint wrote:
plugger66 wrote: Maybe we should have it at etihad and 40,000 miss out and we get one less game at the G to practice. Makes perfect sense.
glad you're so confident you'd put spectators rights ahead of a bigger advantage to get the weeks rest! I'd say all saints members get tickets to the dome, the leftovers go to pies members to ballot. i'd rather maximise our chances of winning first week - which then maximises our chances of going all the way.

and finals game aren't about 'practice' - it's cutthroat and to go all the way you need more than just form - but i would've thought a saints fan would know how hard it is to even make the final, let alone win one!

but it's all academic - the afl is about the money first, equity second - that's the ballpark we're playing in now.

and despite it advantaging some over others - the cats did it (just once mind you) - we're going all the way this year!

I would have thought the saints may have realised the finals would be at the G. Why do people look for excuses before the event. Luckily of players and coaching staff arent like that.

gooner
Club Player

What I'm saying is that finishing first should count for something. Who benefits more from us playing at the G. Us or the pies?

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
desertsaint wrote:

I would have thought the saints may have realised the finals would be at the G. Why do people look for excuses before the event. Luckily of players and coaching staff arent like that.
that's where you don't get it plugger - it's about fairness in sport, not about this, or any other, particular year.

you are the one using it as an excuse to justify your argument which basically says, it's how it is, hence it's right (i might add you use this argument a lot).

and then you try to belittle the opposing argument by claiming they're looking for excuses.

gooner
Club Player

desertsaint wrote: you are the one using it as an excuse to justify your argument which basically says, it's how it is, hence it's right (i might add you use this argument a lot).
:D

ace
Saintsational Legend

desertsaint wrote:that's where you don't get it plugger - it's about fairness in sport, not about this, or any other, particular year.
P66 does not support fairness in sport.
He simply supports those in power in sport.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote:
desertsaint wrote:that's where you don't get it plugger - it's about fairness in sport, not about this, or any other, particular year.
No I support us winning the flag and if we cant beat the pies this week at the G then we will not beat them in the GF if we play them. if people really thing the game should be at Etihad then why not the prelim then. How stupid would that be.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
ace wrote:
No I support us winning the flag and if we cant beat the pies this week at the G then we will not beat them in the GF if we play them. if people really thing the game should be at Etihad then why not the prelim then. How stupid would that be.
is it? perhaps we can hope it'll be the case - until 2006 interstate teams could be forced to play at the G in the prelims.
lucky their people spoke up against this unfairness - lucky they didn't have people who simply shrugged and said - well that was how it was last year too!

anyway - time to put the kid back in bed - again!

kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:
if we cant beat the pies this week at the G then we will not beat them in the GF if we play them.
1966?

Furtius Quo Rdelious