Montagna: Saints' focus unchanged

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SaintWodonga
Club Player

Montagna: Saints' focus unchanged

Leigh Montagna says it's been business as usual for the Saints in the wake of successive defeats...

Check it out:
http://sportal.com.au/mediaplayer/audio ... anged-6232

And:

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,865 ... 51,00.html

St Kilda stars Leigh Montagna and Nick Dal Santo still confident

August 26, 2009 .St Kilda stars Leigh Montagna and Nick Dal Santo say the AFL club's late season form slump has not prompted any change of approach.

Unbeaten after 19 rounds, the Saints admit their effort and intensity has dropped off in shock losses to Essendon and North Melbourne in the past two weeks.

With only Sunday's clash with certain wooden spooners Melbourne Demons to tune up for the finals, they need to quickly snap out of the malaise.

But Montagna said they were confident they could do so without having to alter the preparation that has served them well most of the season.

“I wouldn't say it's a concern, because we know that we've got it in us and we can produce it,â€

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

"but thats football" says Dal. hmmm. Would wanna pull the digit out over the next month.

SuperSaint
Club Player

iwantmeseats wrote:"but thats football" says Dal. hmmm. Would wanna pull the digit out over the next month.
I agree. "But thats football" is a very lame excuse for his performance last week and you wonder about his mental toughness with such a weak and insipid comment. One thing is for sure, there will be absolutely NO excuses for Dal Santo this finals series. He was shocking against North and his sense of urgency will be ultimately tested this September.

35...LEGEND
Club Player

iwantmeseats wrote:"but thats football" says Dal. hmmm. Would wanna pull the digit out over the next month.

mmmmm :? ...not an inspiring comment,that's for sure.

aussiejones
Club Player

"One thing is for sure, there will be absolutely NO excuses for Dal Santo this finals series. He was shocking against North and his sense of urgency will be ultimately tested this September."

He needs to impose himself on the game come the Finals .....

Sainterman
Club Player

Also said "not thrilled with my performance" and "very disappointed on the weekend", or do we just want to pick up and point out the one throwaway line and make an issue of that?

Seriously, not worth taking any notice of these types of fluff pieces. I will take more notice of the effort this week and going into finals than the words coming out in a midweek article.

SaintWodonga
Club Player

aussiejones wrote:"One thing is for sure, there will be absolutely NO excuses for Dal Santo this finals series. He was shocking against North and his sense of urgency will be ultimately tested this September."

He needs to impose himself on the game come the Finals .....
I agree, Milne needs to step up in the finals too.

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Leigh Montagna certainly needs to improve a bit, especially with his disposal skills by hand and foot, not to mention his kicking for goal. He may like to get a few pointers from Andrew McQualter.

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Less talk,more walk.
Dal Santo has slipped back into his old ways as a silky outside player that go's missing in the past two months. The same one we've seen for much of his career. We need the first 6 weeks of the year Dal Santo back from now,the one that was hard at the contest,and has us crushing sides.

Bring back the Lockett era
The Peanut
Club Player

Sainterman wrote:Also said "not thrilled with my performance" and "very disappointed on the weekend", or do we just want to pick up and point out the one throwaway line and make an issue of that?

Seriously, not worth taking any notice of these types of fluff pieces. I will take more notice of the effort this week and going into finals than the words coming out in a midweek article.
agree

If there are any experienced AFL players of Dal's caliber saying " 'thats football' is lame excuse" then perhaps I would listen ....