Baker

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

aussiejones
Club Player

Baker

Watched the replay ......Baker didnt do much ...... is short on pace , has curbed his impact game .

What is his future ??????

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Baker

....Hopefully a premiership player :D

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

Here we go again

Aussie I think you can probably name 15 blokes who looked short on pace & didn't do much.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Personally I think Baker's pace has improveda lot this year since he has come back.

Baker is a lock in our Finals Team.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
kp83
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote:Personally I think Baker's pace has improveda lot this year since he has come back.

Agreed. He keeps up with those little guys like Betts and Davey when he looks like he shouldn't.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

When Matty Campbell broke away and kicked that goal he made Bakes look like he was running on the spot. But then he would have done that to most Saints.

The Sainter
Club Player

Aussie Jones. you should know by now Baker is untouchable on this forum. No matter how poor he plays the same ones keep saying how well he went. I would think Betts and Davey could be on crutches and they would still outrun Bakes. His lack of speed and marking ability will be shown up at the MCG come finals time. Would never doubt his courage or hardness but surely now he must be battling to hold his spot.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

The Sainter wrote:Aussie Jones. you should know by now Baker is untouchable on this forum. No matter how poor he plays the same ones keep saying how well he went. I would think Betts and Davey could be on crutches and they would still outrun Bakes. His lack of speed and marking ability will be shown up at the MCG come finals time. Would never doubt his courage or hardness but surely now he must be battling to hold his spot.
And who would you play on the small forwards in a final. If he plays on a small who isnt great overhead he will do his job just fine. Its not like there are options coming from everwhere.

BakesFan
SS Life Member

Fine to criticise him for an average game.... but at least suggest who would be better in his role.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.(Eleanor Roosevelt)
Beej
Saintsational Legend

Re: Baker

aussiejones wrote:Watched the replay
Now that is passion.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

BakesFan wrote:Fine to criticise him for an average game.... but at least suggest who would be better in his role.
Stop complicating his assertion :lol:

Let's worry about who would replace Bakes once we've got him out of the team, then we can bag that player.

The Sainter
Club Player

Try Geary or even young Steven just to name two. What have we got to lose? We know they can run faster than Baker and probably would be as good in the air if not better.
Look he has been great for us over many years and i appreciate what he has done but face facts. he is now very slow and often gets caught resulting in a wild handball to anyone, And by the way didn't Betts cut him to pieces against us this year??? It's a blind man who see only what he wants to see.

PJ
SS Life Member

Try Geary or even young Steven just to name two. What have we got to lose? We know they can run faster than Baker and probably would be as good in the air if not better.
Look he has been great for us over many years and i appreciate what he has done but face facts. he is now very slow and often gets caught resulting in a wild handball to anyone, And by the way didn't Betts cut him to pieces against us this year??? It's a blind man who see only what he wants to see.
Love ya philosophy Freud here's another one for ya "Man who piss into wind......something about his trousers"

Baker will stay.....

Here's another one for you "coach who withdraw his tough nuts at wrong end of game likely to have a soft ending".

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Bakes will be a premiership player this year and retire.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
matrix
Saintsational Legend

<<agrees with BS

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

<<< Needs matrixcutter's chin scratching emoticon, as I now agree with Bernard Shakey and reincarnated in the one day...

saintly_safes
Club Player

If we make the granny I would really hate to be Bakes opponent coz he will give it everything hes got & wont have to worry about the consequences

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Why would he retire?

I reckon he'll have a better year next year. Was only a few weeks ago ppl were lauding him for his toughness and proclaiming that it's good to have the old Baker back. Very few players have great games every week.

I haven't watched him turn the ball over much this year. He's still hard at the contest. Occasionally he gets beaten, like Fisher has a few times this year. Until we find someone who can perform his role as well, he stays. And that includes next year.

rexy
SS Life Member

Personally think it is a fallacy (spelling) that Bakes is slow. Has probably lost half a yard but was very quick, in fact the quickest guy at our club over 30 to 40 in 05. Still got reasonable pace and times his runs very well.

To say someone is slow because they couldnt run down the likes of Thomas who is very quick is like saying that Gardiner is short because Sandilands is taller.

Maybe this year?
matrix
Saintsational Legend

:D

The Sainter
Club Player

God,I've certainly upset the Baker fan club. Evidently he can do no wrong on this forum. Good luck to all of you but i'm saying what quiet a few others are also of the opinion that he is lucky to keep being selected each week. Hope he proves me wrong because i want a flag just like you but players should be picked on present form. not on their past performances and his form at the moment is very ordinary in my opinion.

spert
Saintsational Legend

Just remember that the last two games we have lost, have been due to team attitude, not individual players.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

I reckon you'd find that Bakes is doing everything he is being asked to do.

He's probably one of the few who does this every single week.

Supporters don't get it. Which fortunately doesn't matter.

bozza1980
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote:Personally I think Baker's pace has improveda lot this year since he has come back.

Agreed.

There were a couple of games early on, where he looked like an old man, but I think more recently he's found his rythym.

If we are to claim the flag this year, barring injury, Baker will be a premiership player.