Ross Lyon

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintly_safes
Club Player

Ross Lyon

Have just listened to the Lyon press conference & imo came across arrogant & smug.He has done a great job to get us to this stage the last thing we need is for him to be complacent this close to finals.I think dropping Max & his handling of Luke has really backfired & has severely disrupted our run to the finals.The team just dosent have that unity they had & now they are a shell of the team they were.When your 19 & zip why would you flirt with form.History will tell but I think Ross just might have just sold the farm.I would really like genuine saint supporters to tell me how they see it & the trolls can get back to their own sites.I know we have top spot sown up & we are being conservative but today was a really poor even depressing display :cry:

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Re: Ross Lyon

saintly_safes wrote:Have just listened to the Lyon press conference & imo came across arrogant & smug.He has done a great job to get us to this stage the last thing we need is for him to be complacent this close to finals.I think dropping Max & his handling of Luke has really backfired & has severely disrupted our run to the finals.The team just dosent have that unity they had & now they are a shell of the team they were.When your 19 & zip why would you flirt with form.History will tell but I think Ross just might have just sold the farm.I would really like genuine saint supporters to tell me how they see it & the trolls can get back to their own sites.I know we have top spot sown up & we are being conservative but today was a really poor even depressing display :cry:
Will leave it to others to give you a serve as I'm sure they will. Am hoping and praying it's because of our training regime and nothing more.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

What did he say to come across as arrogant and smug???

Can you remember or was it just his "vibe"

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
SaintWodonga
Club Player

Got a link?

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
devil saint
Club Player

As you pointed out, history will tell. We are in the finals and can still win the big prize. That's all we can count on now.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Just surprised it took til 6.25 for the first "RL-bashing" thread to start :roll:

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
felixleo
Club Player

Maybe the man has a lot to be smug about. Time will tell.

Are you gonna be the one?
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:Just surprised it took til 6.25 for the first "RL-bashing" thread to start :roll:
sack him.

felixleo
Club Player

Hey plugger that free kick to schiender in the last few minutes even you could not defend the umpires in that, could you?

Are you gonna be the one?
Batnoe

plugger66 wrote:
saint66au wrote:Just surprised it took til 6.25 for the first "RL-bashing" thread to start :roll:
sack him.
Mate, would you really call it bashing? I dont think it is at all, i have read you give warnings for things that may not be real, maybe you assume things and you shouldnt?

There is no Ross Lyon Bashing, an observation that one poster has...

If you are smug, it may cost you, i havent seen the press conference, but i have a Collingwood mate that constantly tells me that we are a bunch of arrogant C**** so maybe there is somthing that other supporters can see that we dont?

I like RL, so no bashing from me, but our last 2 games have been weak

max#8

look he has still done wonders with the team and only time will tell to see if his handling of players such as max and ball bites him on the ass. however i believe he made a few selection mistakes dropping max and playing armitage over ball when he must have known lenny wasnt gonna play. i still back his judgement coming into the finals as im sure he will get the best team out there for finals when it counts

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Batnoe wrote: but our last 2 games have been weak
Much like some of our supporters

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Sainterman
Club Player

I listened to it before and didn't see it that way.

Thought he was calm, talked of it being a marathon and that we were 19-2. Said there were things to work on. Didn't hit the panic button, like many on here, and nor should he.

Said we had a "fit and healthy list", and was generally calm and well spoken.

That was my take. I even felt a little calmer after watching it...

The Peanut
Club Player

Smug is not the word I would use - although thats how the shock-jocks usually interpret it - I would say 'aloof' (distant / Reserved) ... as per usual

Who knows whats he's up to - we just need to trust him now that he's bought us this far ... sit back and ride the bumbs and hopefully celebrate in the end.

It is a bit early to doubt his motives/decisions now - we can scold him later if he stuffs things up :wink:

saintly_safes
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
sack him.
I wanted realistic posts I dont care if you disagree but to post sack him is pretty ordinary. I'm obviously on a different wave legnth to most .If others think its acceptable well maybe its just me, sorry but keep posting thats what this site is for" go saints"

StSteven
Club Player

Now that it is raised. Watched his press conf. On afl site and did not like it.
A) kept saying about record this year instead of todays game.
B) was obviously fibbing re injuries ( scratched himself each time he answered questions re injuries
and
C) appeared satisfied and saying it is a marathon.
Not his best performance.

QuestionOfAccuracy
Club Player

I thought RL was just keeping things in perspective and not hitting the panic button. Sure, it wasn't a vintage performance by us, but for 3 qtr's we controlled the game but just didn't take our oppurtunities.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

StSteven wrote:Now that it is raised. Watched his press conf. On afl site and did not like it.
B) was obviously fibbing re injuries ( scratched himself each time he answered questions re injuries
and
Maybe he should have been negative at this time of year.

HarveysDeciple

StSteven wrote:Now that it is raised. Watched his press conf. On afl site and did not like it.
and
is any of that incorrect?
What should he have said?

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

A bit worrying really.

The last time Lyon was arrogant was when he was lost at sea in his forst year and a bit.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Oh look RF on the forum on game day.

Now that is a rarity.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Oh look RF on the forum on game day.

Now that is a rarity.
Don't get upset with me Joffaboy.

Some big concerns at the moment, and people have put alot of trust in the coaches. If they feel let down, then fair enough.

The Peanut
Club Player

rodgerfox wrote:A bit worrying really.

The last time Lyon was arrogant was when he was lost at sea in his forst year and a bit.
... it's more worrying that we are not nailing the getable set shots IMO

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
joffaboy wrote:Oh look RF on the forum on game day.

Now that is a rarity.
Don't get upset with me Joffaboy.

Some big concerns at the moment, and people have put alot of trust in the coaches. If they feel let down, then fair enough.
Dont bait people RF - it is against forum rules.

You seem very keen to come on and attempt to start flame wars.

But most of the year you went missing.

character????

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

and
A. Sounds totally fair to me

B. Obviously?? You a mind reader or just a body language expert?

C. The marathon comment is spot on.

Personally I dont care how he presents himself to a bunch of journos who are going to eat us as "gone" no matter what he says...its what he says to the players behind closed doors thats going to matter in the next few weeks..and what he's said so far seems to be working OK. Lets show a bit of faith that he can work over this lil blip eh?

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor