Selfish saints

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Solar
Saintsational Legend

Selfish saints

There is no need to start any thread on a certain player because we ost today AS A TEAM. We threw out our trademark and the roos made us pay.

We refused to get in low and win the hard ball. We refused to run in numbers, block and tackle. We refused to work for the likes of dal when he was hard tagged.

We have two choices now as a club, lift back to the level we were at or throw away a fantastic year.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
kaos theory
Club Player

Agreed Solar....poor effort/intensity all round.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Re: Selfish saints

Solar wrote:There is no need to start any thread on a certain player because we ost today AS A TEAM. We threw out our trademark and the roos made us pay.

We refused to get in low and win the hard ball. We refused to run in numbers, block and tackle. We refused to work for the likes of dal when he was hard tagged.

We have two choices now as a club, lift back to the level we were at or throw away a fantastic year.
Well said Solar :wink:

Think that the trademark or "Saints footy" as Ross calls it might get a few mentions from the coach this week but your absolutely right...there was a selfish and unwillingness to work look about it today..

Hoping the finals and the promise of the ultimate prize will reactivate Saints footy again :roll:

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Played too carefully, not wanting to get injured for the finals.

September will be different. At least we can't lose next week, because Melbourne won't let us.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Solar
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:Played too carefully, not wanting to get injured for the finals.

September will be different. At least we can't lose next week, because Melbourne won't let us.
If thats the case we should just forfeit because all we are doing is undoing all our learned habits for a bunch of new cheap habits

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:Played too carefully, not wanting to get injured for the finals.

If thats the case we should just forfeit because all we are doing is undoing all our learned habits for a bunch of new cheap habits
Not sure a forfeit is within AFL rules.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Milton66
SS Life Member

Spot on. Why go flat stick and get injured?

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Terribly selfish performance.

Players going at 75% so that they can play finals.

If fkn sickens me.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
The Peanut
Club Player

bigred wrote:

Terribly selfish performance.

Players going at 75% so that they can play finals.

If fkn sickens me.
Agree here ... win 19 games straight with aplomb and then look average for a few weeks going into the finals when top stop is sealed ... probably putting that extra energy into the finals training prep behind the scenes is my guess.

I Love the journo's saying we needed a loss before the finals and are now writing us off ... get ready for some good Saints GF odds as the Pies become the 'team to beat'.

terry smith rules
SS Life Member

so let me understand this

you would rather that the players go all out to win a game that mwant absolutely nothing

at the end of a season that has been glorious and that has the promise to deliver everything we all dream about

as an example, have a look at usain bolt, does he go flat out in the eraly rounds... nah does not have to

fqf

milney044
Club Player

No i don't expect us to go flat out when we have top spot- but against a team like North we really shouldn't have to. What i saw yesterday was sloppy skills and poor decision making and being a Saints supporter who saw it all in 2004 and 5.. i can't help but worry a little. Do i think our season is shot? No. Am i perhaps a little paranoid and pesimistic? Probably. I just want to taste success and go all the way like every other Saints supporter, and i hope that this game meant absolutely nothing and we are still in full control come September. I can't blame some supporters for worrying, we all want this so badly.

Destiny. It's in our hands.

Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.