Memo to Team...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Memo to Team...

Riewoldt can't do it himself...

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

Fair go, Fisher, Goddard, Gram and Armo bleed for that side today.

I think armo was fantastic today and should remain in the side...

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Maybe so, but Kosi disappeared as a target late and Milne...well... was he on the ground today? Where's Gwilt? Or Clarke busting a sphincter running forward out of defence to provide a target?

Everyone was looking to Saint Nick to save the day.

It was lazy and it riles me up so bad I wanna spew.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
battye
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:Maybe so, but Kosi disappeared as a target late and Milne...well... was he on the ground today? Where's Gwilt? Or Clarke busting a sphincter running forward out of defence to provide a target?

Gwilt was disappointing, he hasn't done too much all year. He is not a leading target and when he gets the ball he tends to do little with it :(

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
redwhite&blackblood
SS Hall of Fame

We had a lot of players down today but the stand out was the efforts of Nick "Jogging Man" Dal Santo or the lack there of. Levi Greenwood is not the worlds greatest tagger but he made Dal look 2nd rate. Dal looked like the player that was dropped last year again worrying signs if that continues next week.

Bleeding Red, Black and White for 38 years!
Life Motto - Fortius Quo Fidelius
Raph "Cult Hero" Clarke Fan Club.
roo_477
Club Player

I wouldnt get too carried away about our last two losses. We have been well down, but have only lost by 2 points and 5 points which i think is a positive sign. In years gone by we would give up the ghost and get run over.

Im taking these losses with a grain of salt. We will fly in September

spyglass
Club Player

battye wrote:
Thinline wrote:Maybe so, but Kosi disappeared as a target late and Milne...well... was he on the ground today? Where's Gwilt? Or Clarke busting a sphincter running forward out of defence to provide a target?

Gwilt was disappointing, he hasn't done too much all year. He is not a leading target and when he gets the ball he tends to do little with it :(
I'm not a great Gwilt fan, but I saw him get into space a number of times today and the team will not kick it to him...they just use him as a decoy....therefore it is not worth having him in the side if they will not use him

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Sorry, but good teams wanting to win a premiership don't lose to crap like Nth Melbourne.
Many players played soft making sure they don't get injured and had no hunger or desire to want to win.
Memo to team, you will get smashed and be an embarrassment if you play like that in 2 weeks time.
We will get tagged as chokers, remember this core group of players have played in 9 finals for only 3 wins!

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
Captain Impossible
Club Player

I'd like to think that if Lenny played we would have had a different result but the fact is we were crap. Same as last week, second to the ball and not sticking our tackles.

I have two concerns:

Have other teams worked out Lyon's strategy?

Have the players become complacent and forgotten about the 'effort' that got us to where we are?

If we play like this in finals we'll be out in straight sets.

wasoncestkil58
Club Player

Wouldn't be too concerned just yet. There was very little incentive to win today or last week. If we lose against Melbourne then I might worry. We are virtually injury free and some players have been having a rest. Do we know if they have been on a hardened training regime? Look at the Bullies' they lsot to the Eagles and then get up and beat the Cats. It is all about winning when you really have to. We are still in a position that 15 other teams would envy.