Gram

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Batnoe

Gram

Yay, well done son, you got 30 touches....

Now learn to kick you cost us the game with your crappy disposal, if you could learn to kick it would be great, but until then you are going to cost us games...

The commentators were amazed they were leaving him on his own, you dont think they know he cant kick and hurt you!!

30 touches 50 % efficiency, well done

ralphsmith
SS Hall of Fame

Disappointing.

8 goals. 11 points.

11 POINTS!! A lot from gettable shots in front.

Legendary
Club Player

Better than 9 touches at 80% efficiency, aka Nick Dal Santo.

At the end of the day, it's better to have a bloke like Gram get 30+ and turn it over, than to have a lesser player in the side who doesn't find the footy.

Gram was the only one getting near it until half time.

jay young
Club Player

Coll bull crows geel will kick our ass in the finals

Batnoe

Legendary wrote:Better than 9 touches at 80% efficiency, aka Nick Dal Santo.

At the end of the day, it's better to have a bloke like Gram get 30+ and turn it over, than to have a lesser player in the side who doesn't find the footy.

Gram was the only one getting near it until half time.
Are you trying to be funny?

i would rather Gram touch the ball once at 100 % than touch it 30 times and butcher it 15 times, he can be a great player if he learnt to kick

At least Dal Santo hit 10 targets out of his 12 as apposed to 15 out of 30

kalsaint
Club Player

jay young wrote:Coll bull crows geel will kick our ass in the finals
Not necessarily but corrections to the play need some consideration if the opposition does not allow the Saints game plan to work out.

This used to irritate me about GT's after-match comments when he said "lack of effort" was the cause for the loss when no change was made to allow creativity to build some short term confidence.

There were elements of that today.

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
marksnsparks
Club Player

Was I watching the same game? Gram and Kosi were the only players who could hold their heads up high.

Too many passengers looking to avoid injury and the ball.

Poor. Very poor.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Gram: 11 goals 21 behinds....... this season

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Batnoe

marksnsparks wrote:Was I watching the same game? Gram and Kosi were the only players who could hold their heads up high.

Too many passengers looking to avoid injury and the ball.

Poor. Very poor.
U were watching a different game

I didnt say he didnt get the ball, i was saying he can't kick

Did you see any of his kicks? had 2 behinds, one out on full, plus many turned over kicks, or the crappy defensive presure from our forward 50 line where he was jogging after them when it was obvious the free player was always going to get the ball in the middle and about 5m in front of him, he ran in diagnals, if he went and manned up the roos would have had to kick and ultimatley turn it over.. They scored from this play
Freakin weak effort

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

Batnoe you really have a pathetic understanding of football don't you? Anyone can look at stats and make judgements like you do but most prefer to actually watch games. You single gram out every time he does something wrong, yet fail to see that some of his higher profile mates have barely toched the ball.

Take your boring agenda filled dross elsewhere

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
hotdish
Club Player

30 possies for only 62 Champion Data (supercoach) ranking points - thats disgusting.

63% disposal efficiency and 6 CLANGERS (highest in the team).

Love his long booming kicks, but I wish he could hit more targets!

PS - Why did he win so much ball? Because the Kangaroos deliberately left him alone because his disposals do not hurt!

marksnsparks
Club Player

OK, so he had an off day with the boot...RL rates effort more than anything, and he had that in spades.

Speaking of kicking, Joey had a total shocker off the boot. Bad even by his standards this season.

Batnoe

fonz_#15 wrote:Batnoe you really have a pathetic understanding of football don't you? Anyone can look at stats and make judgements like you do but most prefer to actually watch games. You single gram out every time he does something wrong, yet fail to see that some of his higher profile mates have barely toched the ball.

Take your boring agenda filled dross elsewhere
Yes, i have a pathetic understanding of football....
FFS, Can you really put up with a player that butchers it so many times? I have no problem with his ball winning ability but teams know he cant kick so leave him to get it as he wont hurt them anywhere. There were 3 or 4 kicks directly off Grams kick that were marked by the opposition, plus 2 behinds and an out on full, every time he would get it i would want him to pass it to one of our better ball users otherwise the Roos would get it back out, why have a player that gets the ball that can't use it effecitively... And i have no idea about football?
People talk about Jones' kicking etc, at least this guy has a defensive side to his game and not run next to the player with the ball. Jones has picked up his disposal as has J Blake, Gram still hasnt.

I saw 3 helicopter punts and thankfully one was marked, but if a player at the elite level cant get 80% efficiency with their possessions you have to wonder if they should be this 'cult hero' that you seem to have him on..

Now again, i havent said he can't get the ball, so i know my footy as i can see he can get it 30 times, but to butcher 1 in every 2 possesions, i am not looking at the stats i was watching it as a supporter and and hanging my head in shame and hoping a kick would finally come off

Now you learn what footy is... you probably liked the intent of the players today, they played great, as did your hero J Gram who turned it over most times

FFSC!!

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

i liked his game. ran hard all day and was in the right spots. made some mistakes but didn't everyone?

Batnoe

bergholt wrote:i liked his game. ran hard all day and was in the right spots. made some mistakes but didn't everyone?
what did you like about it?

the fact that they let him play on his own again knowing his disposal wouldnt hurt them going the other way?

Even Brad Howard would have 30 touches if he was left vacant like that

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

Montagna can't kick a goal on the run to save his life. Have you noticed that.

Roo won less ball than gram and missed an easy shot.

Kosi missed a soda.

So why no new threads on that mate?

Just hang s*** on Dawson and gram because its good fun.

Grams kicking is far from fantastic but he was better than most today and if you can tell me what dal did defensively that stops you from pointing him out as such a great observer of footy that would be nice

Batnoe

fonz_#15 wrote:Montagna can't kick a goal on the run to save his life. Have you noticed that.

Roo won less ball than gram and missed an easy shot.

Kosi missed a soda.

So why no new threads on that mate?

Just hang s*** on Dawson and gram because its good fun.

Grams kicking is far from fantastic but he was better than most today and if you can tell me what dal did defensively that stops you from pointing him out as such a great observer of footy that would be nice
Dal Santo- 8 tackles, plus one block in 3rd qtr at a bounce so Goddard could put Kosi lace out.

Yeah Roo missed some, but he is like 60 goals 40 behinds, Gram is 10 goals 21, plus his kicking in play is woeful

Joey didnt have the best day, but this was Gram's best game and he still butchered it, can you see the difference?

Also, Roo and Kosi are forward line players so they dont need to get it 30 times.... wow you know your footy

All i am saying is Gram needs to pick up his disposal or he will murder us in a final... plus he needs to tackle the man with the ball and not run next to them waiting for a smother, he is used to basketball, he has to get into his head he is playing football

why Ross drops Luke Ball over Gram amazes me, Ball still averages 20 touches a game and 6 tackles

redwhite&blackblood
SS Hall of Fame

I don't think the likes of Gram can be condemned for there efforts today. They were far superior to that of Dal Santo who looked less than interested. I would doubt anyone here would claim that Levi Greenwood is an outstanding tagger yet he made "The Jogging Man" look every bit an ordinary player. People will come on this forum and have a crack at the likes of Blake, R.Clarke, X.Clarke, Jones and Gram yet they are the ones that work there butts off even though they aren't blessed with the skills of a great AFL players. Yes there lack of skills will turn the ball over and maybe constantly but they put in the efforts to win the ball back often. I just home that some of our boys have a long hard look at the game replay and are made to see who pathetic some of their efforts were.

Bleeding Red, Black and White for 38 years!
Life Motto - Fortius Quo Fidelius
Raph "Cult Hero" Clarke Fan Club.
Batnoe

redwhite&blackblood wrote:I don't think the likes of Gram can be condemned for there efforts today. They were far superior to that of Dal Santo who looked less than interested. I would doubt anyone here would claim that Levi Greenwood is an outstanding tagger yet he made "The Jogging Man" look every bit an ordinary player. People will come on this forum and have a crack at the likes of Blake, R.Clarke, X.Clarke, Jones and Gram yet they are the ones that work there butts off even though they aren't blessed with the skills of a great AFL players. Yes there lack of skills will turn the ball over and maybe constantly but they put in the efforts to win the ball back often. I just home that some of our boys have a long hard look at the game replay and are made to see who pathetic some of their efforts were.
I agree with everything you have said there, however when does Gram win back his own ball, has he ever had a contested possession?

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

I could have 8 tackles if a pack formed and i just had to grab a jumper to register a tackle did any hurt the opposition? Doubt it. Dal is a quality player but he was no good today.

Yeah roo and kosi are forwards so their disposal efficiency is much more important because they need to kick straight to score goals.

I'm off to neck myself because we had a loss now so I don't have to read your quality literature anymore, might stop past Rossies joint and tell him he has no idea.

Ta da

older saint
SS Life Member

Grams nickname should be "Shower" as he sprays the ball everywhere.

The problem is the difference between his bad and good are extreme. Yes he won the ball but that is worth nothing if you turn it over. Mark Mcgough used to win the ball.

iremember66
Club Player

Gram had a couple of clangers in a row that made him look bad (but the whole team looked very ordinary today) - I was watching Grammie quite a bit during the match (had the binoculars out today) - as well as a pretty hard knock he received early in the game - I'm pretty sure he had/has some issues with his right calf...

Dal Santo will be dog tired tonight - he dragged around a tagger for 100 minutes - his jumper was held all day - not one free kick...

Hope Rooie's right knee is ok - he seemed to run out a really painful knock...

Awful game, awful umpiring, awful performance from our boys - but we have to learn to win these games as well as smash teams off the ground...

redwhite&blackblood
SS Hall of Fame

Batnoe wrote:
redwhite&blackblood wrote:I don't think the likes of Gram can be condemned for there efforts today. They were far superior to that of Dal Santo who looked less than interested. I would doubt anyone here would claim that Levi Greenwood is an outstanding tagger yet he made "The Jogging Man" look every bit an ordinary player. People will come on this forum and have a crack at the likes of Blake, R.Clarke, X.Clarke, Jones and Gram yet they are the ones that work there butts off even though they aren't blessed with the skills of a great AFL players. Yes there lack of skills will turn the ball over and maybe constantly but they put in the efforts to win the ball back often. I just home that some of our boys have a long hard look at the game replay and are made to see who pathetic some of their efforts were.
I agree with everything you have said there, however when does Gram win back his own ball, has he ever had a contested possession?
True that part was mainly for the battlers other than Gram. But he does run to get the hard earnt ball from those other players rather than expect to be given to him with out little effort.

SaintWodonga
Club Player

He is a selfish player. He has got to lower his eyes.

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
redwhite&blackblood
SS Hall of Fame

SaintWodonga wrote:He is a selfish player. He has got to lower his eyes.
but the goals are always 60m away. ;)