Not sure what to think...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

battye
Saintsational Legend

Not sure what to think...

I wasn't worried after last week, but after this week it's hard to know how to feel.

The H&A season means nothing to us, we've already wrapped up #1... but we are taking no momentum into the finals and that in itself is a bit concerning.

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
bigred
Saintsational Legend

I know what to think....

Fkn shythouse...

that loss is just unacceptable.

Not good enough.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Winmarvellous
Club Player

Agreed. Momentum is everything in football. Hopefully we can run into some more form against Melbourne. If we don't WIN the GF this year it's the biggest choke in history. I don't think the boys would ever be able to live it down, let alone the club.

ralphsmith
SS Hall of Fame

Lethargic attitude in the 1st quarter killed us from i can see.

That distinterested attitude is not something a team on the top of the ladder should posess.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

i know what i think

not even gonna bother saying it
im going to work to sulk

kalsaint
Club Player

Well I dont believe its all over but today we didnt find answers against a lowly rated team.

If the season was started after the break, North would be last.

We took forever to start laying the required tackle count and then had many turnovers due to skill errors. We also were not able to kick enough score.

Too many things going wrong at the mnute to make me happy. Even if we get the effort back, the turnovers and skill issue are of concern.

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

Just shows we still have the St Kilda of old in our blood. One loss and confidence is shot, we don't back ourselves, Roo has one miss and he starts to fade and we play rabble with everything to prove and we just can't handle the pressure.

If we play 19 rounds of great footy and let one loss derail us to playing the insipid footy we dished up today, we don't deserve the big prize.

Maybe the win to Hawthorn was really a loss in the long run.

Not the time to be lossing momentum before finals boys!

Bad management is bad management
MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

i am not happy and i am nervous...that's how i feel

#1 Ryder fan
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

I'm thinking finals :twisted:

Better to have a mini slump now than in 2 weeks time

We just have to get our focus back - 2 losses in a row should do that

A nice 10 goal thumping of Melbourne at the G next week and the last 2 weeks will be forgotten

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
saintDal
Club Player

North had more to play for. New coach named. Guys possibly playing for their career. I was always worried that they would step up today.

It's not bad preperation for the finals really. I would rather have a tight contest than thrash teams going into finals.

saints66
Club Player

What has the training load been like I can only assume the fittness coach is setting the boys for finals? very disapointed should have smashed north and put the fear of god into all the other teams! next week rest nick,milne,king,zac if max is fit! Goose for his 100th

starsign
Club Player

They all need a check-up from the neck up ASAP

It's all in the head from here on in unless we are seeing a physical effect of tapering, which I seriously doubt!

i was wondering what might be in the back of their minds all week given that this position we find ourselves in (and still another practice match to go before the "September season" starts)

NEW GROUND!! (I perhaps didn't express it all that well in the post, but it's hard to put your finger on ) they certainly all looked a bit bewildered out there for most of the game, or did I just imagine it due to my own mixed emotions??

If they are anything like me/ us they seem to have too much to think about because of it!!

indecision in the back of ones mind could well manifest itself in the way you approach elements of the game you are playing, and if it comes down to a final crunch maybe self preservation takes over

crackers35
Club Player

bigred wrote:I know what to think....

Fkn shythouse...

that loss is just unacceptable.

Not good enough.
Be happy with what you've got.

You won't be complaining if we win the flag.

Be proud of the year we've had because it's not often this happens for us. You can't win em all

Looking forward to 2010 - I'm gonna Lovett!
matrix
Saintsational Legend

starsign
Club Player

starsign wrote:They all need a check-up from the neck up ASAP

It's all in the head from here on in unless we are seeing a physical effect of tapering, which I seriously doubt!

i was wondering what might be in the back of their minds all week given that this position we find ourselves in (and still another practice match to go before the "September season" starts)

NEW GROUND!! (I perhaps didn't express it all that well in the post, but it's hard to put your finger on ) they certainly all looked a bit bewildered out there for most of the game, or did I just imagine it due to my own mixed emotions??

If they are anything like me/ us they seem to have too much to think about because of it!!

indecision in the back of ones mind could well manifest itself in the way you approach elements of the game you are playing, and if it comes down to a final crunch maybe self preservation takes over

Ah here we go ......RL gives a pointer here....

"No Need For Panic: Lyon" Holmesby article on Saints Website
Clearly we’d like to get going a little bit but it’s a marathon. We’re sort of in no man’s land at the minute, aren’t we? I’m not a psychologist but sometimes footy teams are funny beasts.â€