Not enjoying the expectation

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Not enjoying the expectation

Ironic as a couple of years ago I would have just been happy to be in the mix...to be competative...just seems now that nothing less than a premiership or at least a grand final appearance will do to satisfy the expectation that this incredible season has created :roll:

Don't get me wrong...I am over the moon about what Ross and the boys have achieved thus far but with greater success comes greater expectation...just observe the reaction to first our very narrow loss last week :shock:

Guess I'm just showing my old insecurities but right now I am totally unsure of this will ultimately play out...

Just another drunken rant as I refuse myself the comfort of confidence coming into september...

Just wondered if others are feeling the strain..

Will only make the ultimate result more memorable and so much sweeter..

KEEP THE FAITH[I tell myself :roll: :wink: ]

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Same here.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
matrix
Saintsational Legend

dunno
i dont drink

StSteven
Club Player

I have a big knot in the gut and fear that a couple of teams are capable of spoiling the party.
"Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose"
It's so much easier when you dont have anything to lose. We are definitely the team they are all hunting now.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

thought about it way too much

seriously this whole thought of losing in the finals.... it's horrible

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Just take it one day at a time. Everything will look after itself :D

Another opportunity awaits!
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:thought about it way too much

Yeah.

I need to harden the **** up.

We are good enough.

I have just over analysed and have allowed doubt to creep in.

We ARE good enough.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Solar
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:
Solar wrote:thought about it way too much

Yeah.

I need to harden the **** up.

We are good enough.

I have just over analysed and have allowed doubt to creep in.

We ARE good enough.
It happens when there is nothing to gain during the last few rounds. all we have is to lose player to injury and form IMO

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Not enjoying the expectation

saint patrick wrote:Ironic as a couple of years ago I would have just been happy to be in the mix...to be competative...just seems now that nothing less than a premiership or at least a grand final appearance will do to satisfy the expectation that this incredible season has created :roll:

Don't get me wrong...I am over the moon about what Ross and the boys have achieved thus far but with greater success comes greater expectation...just observe the reaction to first our very narrow loss last week :shock:

Guess I'm just showing my old insecurities but right now I am totally unsure of this will ultimately play out...

Just another drunken rant as I refuse myself the comfort of confidence coming into september...

Just wondered if others are feeling the strain..

Will only make the ultimate result more memorable and so much sweeter..

KEEP THE FAITH[I tell myself :roll: :wink: ]
Feel the same!

More now than ever this season. We are the top team, guaranteed minor premiers, won 19 of 20 matches and destiny is all in our hands.

Scary to be in this position really, even more so that we had our first loss last Sunday, against a team struggling to make the finals. To think that our first loss of this season would be such the talk of the town. Just re-affirms that we are not unbeatable and any of the top four teams can win the title on their day; or any of the top eight for that matter. No opponent is to be taken lightly.

As a mate of mine said to me recently, "it's ours to lose!"

Always used to being the hunter, not the hunted. Still, I'll take being the hunted any day!

CARN YOU F**KING SAINTERS!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Bad management is bad management
Saint Mik
Club Player

Just think back to what we have done to Geelong, Collingwood, the Western Bulldogs and all others this year and smile DONT HAVE A SHORT MEMORY

IT WILL REPEAT ITSELF come finals, we will smash them all AGAIN

Our first loss big deal, means nothing

HARDEN UP SAINTS SUPPORTERS AND GO HARD AT ANYONE WHO THINKS WE CANT DO IT IN 2009

BRING IT ON I CANT WAIT, wish the home and away was done and dusted already.

CARN THE SAINTERS

Forget the past, Saints footy, One better in 2010
starsign
Club Player

Yes St Pat your thoughts resonate with mine at present

I hastily posted a couple of days ago ( New Ground: what are we thinking) trying to express the confused emotive state I am in at present , and also wondered what the players are collectively feeling at present.

I guess we are all hovering around with the same anxieties simmering away

Mixed feelings like seeing your mother-in-law drive over a cliff in your new car!

I tried to think back to anything similar over the past 50 odd seasons but nothing rang a bell hence the new ground tack

Can't make it down from the bush today but will be at the G next week, and will be glued to the TV

i'm anxiously excited about the game as usual but am unsure what to expect or what i'm really hoping to see from the boys today.
Obviously I would love to see them come out and play like we know they can, and certainly praying for no injuries, but it's this nagging underlying thought .... what really matters this week that I can't come to any finality about
I've been preaching one week at a time and enjoy the ride all season, so i guess I should just chill out and just stop thinking at all

and I'm off the grog too so that may explain it all !!

Anyway I hope everyone has a goods day, especially you lucky buggers going to the game , give a loud GOSAINTERS for me!!

BakesFan
SS Life Member

Keep the Faith, saint patrick.
This is without doubt the best Saints side we've ever seen.... and that's against sides that boasted Lockett, Winmar, Harvey, Burke and Loewe.. or Baldock,Stewart,Ditterich and Breen.

Our boys are fit, focused and primed for an all out assault on The Flag.

All we (as supporters) can do is cheer, yell, clap, scream and send them all the 'postive waves' we can.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.(Eleanor Roosevelt)
GSG
Club Player

Ironic as a couple of years ago I would have just been happy to be in the mix...to be competative...just seems now that nothing less than a premiership or at least a grand final appearance will do to satisfy the expectation that this incredible season has created

Probably feel the same, but let’s face it, much is due to the press. They’re talking up Collingwood and Carlton so much that a lot of us feel, they’re now better than St. Kilda. A few days ago, they actually showed a new ladder as of the time Collingwood started to win. Naturally, they’re top of the ladder, with St. Kilda second, as we just lost to Essendon!!! Today in the paper, they shout that Collingwood has the best backline, again according to picking out games Collingwood won.

No wonder we all feel uneasy, but, hey, I’d rather they talk up Collingwood and Carlton, and the Saints go under the radar. Much better. Remember, last year, Collingwood was hot favourite in the finals to beat the Saints - the rest is history.

But the finals are new competition and, yes, I do feel very, very nervous..