Enough is enough

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

crackers35
Club Player

Enough is enough

We've been pushed around for far too long.

It seems that everyone (except Saints supporters) wants us to never win another flag. It's gone on too long and i am sick of it.
We just lost our first game for the year and everyone thinks we're no good. they can get lost for all i care.
We should not be 19-1. We should probably be something like 13-7 at best.
We won 19 games in a row including to 5-goal comebacks and a win with our top 7 out.
I am very proud of our team and i will be proud no matter what happens.

Ever since we've been looking a real chance everyone has been saying "St.Kilda will choke like they always do"
"When have we choked?" we ask.
The response : "1997, 2004, 2005, 2008"
1997 - We finished on top with a 15-7 record. 2nd and 3rd also finished 15-7 so why aren't they called chokers?
2004- We lost finals to better teams as we did also in 2005 and 2008.

I am sick of the constant bagging we get.

IF we win the premiership this year i will be rubbing it in on EVERY single person i know who has bagged us.
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! they just cant stand it when we do well.

The need for a premiership at this club is so great.
We need to prove all the haters wrong and rub their noses in it, not because we're cocky (because we're not) but because we've been pushed around for far too long and we deserve the success.

If we win the premiership i will be so very proud of the boys for ending 43 long years of pain and suffering.

I will cry my eyes out if we're winning when the siren goes on September 26th.

I invite all St.Kilda supporters to stand up for their club and support as much as you can as we try to win our first flag since 1966.

I don't care if i don't get a reply to this. that's not why i've written this. reply if u want but i'm just trying to put my message across.

GO THE MIGHTY SAINTERS!
DON'T LET THIS GREAT OPPORTUNITY GO!
KEEP YOUR HEADS UP AND HAVE FAITH AND HOPE!

Looking forward to 2010 - I'm gonna Lovett!
Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Ithinkmost ppl would aggree that the reaction by many fottball know nothings was ridicolous for our first loss.But most who know footy think we will still win it.
Yes it is timeforthe club to stand up take the flag, and when it comes time to stick it up other clubs wether it be by actions of the club or by supporters telling the rest of the footy world top off,then we should do it asthats what i am doing,specially this week

I love this club
Sainterman
Club Player

I will reply and in agreement too!

The opposition supporters are just waiting for the fall. I sure hope we prove them wrong and take what this club surely deserves, a premiership. I have plenty of mates itching for us to lose another prelim, some even wanting us to get to a GF just so we can lose that! Nice hey?

I will put my faith in this group we have though, superbly led by Roo and Rossy, as they drive the bus to success.

Big things can happen from here, lets do our best as supporters to yell and shout at every game and let them know we are behind them. Now is the time.

GO SAINTERS!!!!!!!

Arthur Mullard
Club Player

Enough is enough!

OR...Enuff is enuff guvnor!!!!!!!!! cor blimey and give us a bunch'afoives!

Yus my dear!!!!!
reincarnated

Re: Enough is enough

crackers35 wrote:We've been pushed around for far too long.

It seems that everyone (except Saints supporters) wants us to never win another flag. It's gone on too long and i am sick of it.
We just lost our first game for the year and everyone thinks we're no good. they can get lost for all i care.
We won 19 games in a row including to 5-goal comebacks and a win with our top 7 out.

Ever since we've been looking a real chance everyone has been saying "St.Kilda will choke like they always do"
1997 - We finished on top with a 15-7 record. 2nd and 3rd also finished 15-7 so why aren't they called chokers?

IF we win the premiership this year i will be rubbing it in on EVERY single person i know who has bagged us.

We need to prove all the haters wrong and rub their noses in it, not because we're cocky (because we're not) but because we've been pushed around for far too long and we deserve the success.

If we win the premiership i will be so very proud of the boys for ending 43 long years of pain and suffering.

I invite all St.Kilda supporters to stand up for their club and support as much as you can as we try to win our first flag since 1966.

I don't care if i don't get a reply to this. that's not why i've written this. reply if u want but i'm just trying to put my message across.

GO THE MIGHTY SAINTERS!
Grow testicles its football, its more than a game but not much more

Of course we want to see our club succeed however getting all riled up over the internet about being called chokers is a bit lame

Sainterman
Club Player

reincarnated wrote:

GO THE MIGHTY SAINTERS!

Of course we want to see our club succeed however getting all riled up over the internet about being called chokers is a bit lame
Just a little passion for one's club...no need to criticise it I wouldn't think.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Sainterman wrote:
reincarnated wrote:

GO THE MIGHTY SAINTERS!

Just a little passion for one's club...no need to criticise it I wouldn't think.
Yep,absolutlynothing wrong with the passion for the club in the orginal post

I love this club
matrix
Saintsational Legend

hehehehe
lol

<, sorry :P :lol:

StSteven
Club Player

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Love the passion and can relate to everything you have said.

Premierships however require a lot of things to go right and very few going wrong....Injuries,the bounce of the ball or a dodgy umpiring decision could decide whether this is our year as they have since the competition began.

What I do know[and believe] is that we have as good a chance as anyone else to reach the pinnacle in 09 and more importantly, as a result of what the Lyon team and the players are putting in place ,a bloody good chance of achieveing sustained success for another 2 or 3 years at least.

Yes we have all had enough...lets suck it in and endure whatever it takes.

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
Moods
Saintsational Legend

2005 - the swans were NOT a better team. We choked, or something similar. Never should have lost that final. Had a week off, home final against an interstate team that had played terribly the week before. THings just didn't click that night.

By Rd 20 that year, I firmly believed we were the best team in the comp. I know injuries conspired against us - but bottom line is, 2005 was ours for the taking.

1997 - once again we were the best team in it. If anyone was going to beat us it was the bulldogs. Once again injuries (and personal issues) robbed us. Not sure it was a choke, but damm unlucky.

However, looking over the years, which club has won every flag they should have? Bombers in 1999 and 2001 were the best team. Chokers for not winning at least 2?

If ppl look back to 2007 the exact same things were written about the Cats. No-one believes you're the real deal until you finally win the thing.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I actually don't mind the Saints being the tall poppy for once, must mean we are doing something right. Trust me, if we get to the GF and it's against Collingwood, people will love us :wink:

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:Bombers in 1999 and 2001 were the best team. Chokers for not winning at least 2? If ppl look back to 2007 the exact same things were written about the Cats.
truth is they are not easy to win as 15 other teams are trying to do the same thing. you've got to take the opportunity when it is there and our chance has never loomed larger.

Quixote
SS Life Member

ohwhenthesaints! wrote:Trust me, if we get to the GF and it's against Collingwood, people will love us :wink:

Never a truer word :lol:

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
maz1685
Club Player

Even if we do win the GF, all the ones waiting for them to choke will come out with the standard "26 wooden spoons" response. They're the tools and regardless of what Saints achieve this year or for the next 10, they will never accept us winning a flag and I guarantee you will not offer congratulations, just the way those tools are.

bozza1980
Club Player

maz1685 wrote:Even if we do win the GF, all the ones waiting for them to choke will come out with the standard "26 wooden spoons" response. They're the tools and regardless of what Saints achieve this year or for the next 10, they will never accept us winning a flag and I guarantee you will not offer congratulations, just the way those tools are.
But we will finally be able to ignore it as the monkey will be off the back, the flag we have agonised over for so long will have been won and we'd be favourites to repeat the dose the following year.

saintlee
Club Player

The only thing that will change people's opinions is sustained success....and particularly a flag or two....

It gives me the s***s when people bag my team for stupid reasons, but you gotta let it go, and just enjoy the amazing ride we have had the privilage to enjoy this year.

Go Saints!

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

maz1685 wrote:Even if we do win the GF, all the ones waiting for them to choke will come out with the standard "26 wooden spoons" response. They're the tools and regardless of what Saints achieve this year or for the next 10, they will never accept us winning a flag and I guarantee you will not offer congratulations, just the way those tools are.
Those wooden spoons will be put to good use on Grand Final day as they'll be taken out of the cupboards and collectively used to thrash our opponents with. There's never been a better way to use them. I'm sure we all have a story of being belted with them. I'm sure our opponents will be fearful of being spanked by them!

Another opportunity awaits!
Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Moccha wrote:
Those wooden spoons will be put to good use on Grand Final day as they'll be taken out of the cupboards and collectively used to thrash our opponents with. There's never been a better way to use them. I'm sure we all have a story of being belted with them. I'm sure our opponents will be fearful of being spanked by them![/quote

I will gladly take one of thos spoons and do some serious spanking

I love this club
Sainterman
Club Player

Moods wrote:2005 - the swans were NOT a better team. We choked, or something similar. Never should have lost that final. Had a week off, home final against an interstate team that had played terribly the week before. THings just didn't click that night.
We definitely did not click that night but from memory we limped into that game with heaps of sore players and it showed on the night when we faded out late. Schneider had a blinder and dashed our hopes in one and a bit qtrs. I am not too sure which one of the Sydney game in 05 or the Port loss in 04 hurt more. We certainly didn't choke in 04 and were a boot length away from a GF birth. I was at that game and left very sad not to have made it but also very proud of that performance from a young group at the time.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Sainterman wrote:
Moods wrote:2005 - the swans were NOT a better team. We choked, or something similar. Never should have lost that final. Had a week off, home final against an interstate team that had played terribly the week before. THings just didn't click that night.
We definitely did not click that night but from memory we limped into that game with heaps of sore players and it showed on the night when we faded out late. Schneider had a blinder and dashed our hopes in one and a bit qtrs. I am not too sure which one of the Sydney game in 05 or the Port loss in 04 hurt more. We certainly didn't choke in 04 and were a boot length away from a GF birth. I was at that game and left very sad not to have made it but also very proud of that performance from a young group at the time.
That effort against the Swans was sickeningly bad and I still feel pangs of aniomsity against that particular side for letting us down.

That said, I was rapt when we piched the Schneiderman.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

WE ARE ONE

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

What does it matter?

Does it matter to your self esteem that the team you associate with is on top or the bottom of the table?

Not having a go at you but really it shouldn't matter if opposition supporters are slavish in their praise or slag us off mercilessly.

Really it is of no consequence.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:WE ARE ONE
So what band are you in, Barks?

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
aussiejones
Club Player

Obviously other clubs supporters are one eyed about their own team/s. Its like a religion ...like the way we hate Collingwood , Carlton etc.

They just cannot stand the fact that the Saints look like going all the way this year.

We have all heard the jelousy driven criticism of our number one picks .
This then comes across when for example Roo misses his shot. Possibly the old crying pics of Roo will come out again on the Footy Show this week.

In the next few weeks I expect the hatred of the saints to kick up a few notches as the inevitable GF appearance gets nearer.

Just as well Ross Lyon has it all under control.

I for one think Riewolt did us a favour by missing as we should learn more from the loss than we would have from a win.

Possibly IMO Lyon failed ( on purpose) to put a tag on Watson ?

Lyon seemed bemused that we had lost after the game.