Maguire not getting a go?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Solar
Saintsational Legend

Maguire not getting a go?

Just curious.... has anyone from the club at ANY time THIS YEAR said that they don't want maguire? This is trotted out by so many twats on the radio.... the saints don't want maguire blah blah blah

He is a wanted player.... if you want to put something down on the table at trade time we will THINK about it.

Unlike the hawks we don't just throw backman away....

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Pwoit
Saintsational Legend

I think if we can win the GF, Maxy will retire meaning we will need to replace a backman with an already made one. I think goose needed a full year of footy before thrown back into 1's. Just my opinion

ace
Saintsational Legend

He needs to get his hamstring right for round 22.
Either Kosi or Roo will need a rest before the finals.
Melbourne will need to tank.
Maguire will then play his 100th.

The Goslings are definitely required players.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
clarky449
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote:He needs to get his hamstring right for round 22.

I would not of thought Roo would get another rest and i dont think they would rest Kosi 1 week before finals

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

I would think with the faith and time we have put into the goose, he will be here next year.

MasonCJ2
Club Player

And you don't, under any circumstances, trade away players to key opposition. Most Cats supporters with any clue were a bit peeved with the King deal and helping out an actual top 4 competitor with a weakness. I really hope we can keep him, but it's very important that if he does leave that it doesn't help out the likes of the Dogs or Hawks who both have extraordinarily leaky defences.

We are a sniff
Unforgiven
SS Life Member

MasonCJ2 wrote:And you don't, under any circumstances, trade away players to key opposition. Most Cats supporters with any clue were a bit peeved with the King deal and helping out an actual top 4 competitor with a weakness.
Very true, but in letting King go, they saved some money that may have helped keep the players they have there (as well as Prismal, Playfair, Gardiner going).

Carpe Diem
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

clarky449 wrote:
ace wrote:He needs to get his hamstring right for round 22.

I would not of thought Roo would get another rest and i dont think they would rest Kosi 1 week before finals
hehe, no fricking way will that be happening, agreed !! :D

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Pwoit wrote:I think if we can win the GF, Maxy will retire meaning we will need to replace a backman with an already made one. I think goose needed a full year of footy before thrown back into 1's. Just my opinion
SIMPKIN

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

keep goose. hes 25 -26. thats young. he had an horrific injury. might take 3 years to recover. remember a guy called m gardner?gilbo

unless we are under severe salary cap stress (which we might be) we should keep goose.

main issue will be wage of ball and goose

when we have to pay xtra for

zac attack
mqgualter
gilbo
mcevoy
geary
armo
steven
eddy
cj

ace
Saintsational Legend

Unforgiven wrote:
MasonCJ2 wrote:And you don't, under any circumstances, trade away players to key opposition. Most Cats supporters with any clue were a bit peeved with the King deal and helping out an actual top 4 competitor with a weakness.
Very true, but in letting King go, they saved some money that may have helped keep the players they have there (as well as Prismal, Playfair, Gardiner going).
Meant they were able to keep Mark Blake :lol: who was threatening to leave after being dropped for the Grand Final.

Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote:...Meant they were able to keep Mark Blake :lol: who was threatening to leave after being dropped for the Grand Final.
So Geelong actually did us two favours, they gave us Steven King AND saved us from getting Mark Blake! Plus, they kept a dud.

spert
Saintsational Legend

I reckon Goose may be looking for a new home at season's end

ace
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:I reckon Goose may be looking for a new home at season's end
Closer to Seaford I hope.
That would reduce his commute.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

remember kids, don't post when your drunk and pissed off about stupid opposition fans.... :wink:

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
reincarnated

Reincarnated asks that even if Goose was to get to 100 games then leave, wouldn't he pressure his son(s) into playing for the other club he presumably plays 100 more games for if he leaves?

Considering he will more than likely not be part of the premiership team if we are victorious this year would he not be swayed against the St Kilda football club?

To Reincarnated it is just being human and that he would harbour resentment towards us after getting to 100, not playing finals etc, being traded to another club

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

reincarnated wrote:Reincarnated asks that even if Goose was to get to 100 games then leave, wouldn't he pressure his son(s) into playing for the other club he presumably plays 100 more games for if he leaves?

Considering he will more than likely not be part of the premiership team if we are victorious this year would he not be swayed against the St Kilda football club?

To Reincarnated it is just being human and that he would harbour resentment towards us after getting to 100, not playing finals etc, being traded to another club
not everyone sees life from the same angle mate - maybe he's a glass half full guy?

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

reincarnated wrote:Reincarnated asks that even if Goose was to get to 100 games then leave, wouldn't he pressure his son(s) into playing for the other club he presumably plays 100 more games for if he leaves?

first things first lets get goose to 100 games.... then get him to have kids ...... then hope they a boys...... then hope they can play footy ...... the see if they are good enought to play AFL ... then see if the saints want them ....

talk about putting the cart befor the horse !!!!!

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Moods
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:

first things first lets get goose to 100 games.... then get him to have kids ...... then hope they a boys...... then hope they can play footy ...... the see if they are good enought to play AFL ... then see if the saints want them ....

talk about putting the cart befor the horse !!!!!
Agreed - THEN let's see if Goose plays 100 games for another club. I would be rapt for him if he does, but I highly doubt it. How old is he now? with his injuries, I could only see him playing another 5 years at this level at the best - and that's assuming he hardly gets injured in the next 5 years.

reincarnated

desertsaint wrote:

not everyone sees life from the same angle mate - maybe he's a glass half full guy?
Reincarnated is also a glass half full guy however 99% on here assume he will stay, have kids, have a boy, have an athletic boy, have an athletic boy who wants to play afl, have an athletic boy who wants to play afl and is worth bidding for, have an athletic boy who wants to play afl and i is worth bidding for by st kilda...

and away we go

Moods
Saintsational Legend

The more players we get to 100 games the better though - surely. Increases our chances of a handy recruit by 0.05% surely. Every 5/100th of a percent counts :wink:

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

reincarnated wrote:
desertsaint wrote:

Reincarnated is also a glass half full guy however 99% on here assume he will stay, have kids, have a boy, have an athletic boy, have an athletic boy who wants to play afl, have an athletic boy who wants to play afl and is worth bidding for, have an athletic boy who wants to play afl and i is worth bidding for by st kilda...

and away we go
true!

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
Milton66
SS Life Member

Pwoit wrote:I think if we can win the GF, Maxy will retire meaning we will need to replace a backman with an already made one. I think goose needed a full year of footy before thrown back into 1's. Just my opinion
UM, ok... so if we lose the GF, then Max will play next year?

Agree about the recovery point you make. :wink:

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

honestly...i dont care if goose doesnt get a go. we are winning with out him. yes its a shame, but why bring him in now when we have such a strong team?

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Mon 05 Apr 2010 1:42pm, edited 1 time in total.