injuries - what is the oil

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

injuries - what is the oil

have i missed something??

are any of the rested players from last week seriously injured? should we expect any of them out for more than 2 weeks?(Assuming ross doesn't bring them all back at once)

thanks

gusto

#1 Ryder fan
ace
Saintsational Legend

St Kilda stars no certainties to return
By Ben Broad
6:29 PM Mon 10 August, 2009

ST KILDA will play the waiting game this week before assessing how many of its star-studded line-up it will bring back for Sunday’s clash with Essendon.

The Saints will be aiming for 20 straight wins when they take on the Bombers at Docklands, and the premiership favourite could be further bolstered by the return of several guns.

St Kilda was without eight regular starters from Saturday’s clash with Hawthorn in Launceston but still got the job done comfortably, winning by 25 points.

Nick Dal Santo, Sam Fisher, Sam Gilbert, Nick Riewoldt, Lenny Hayes, Leigh Montagna, Brendon Goddard and Steven Baker all missed the clash with the Hawks with a variety of minor injuries.

Saints football manager Greg Hutchison said the club hoped to regain several stars.

“I’m not certain but I’m reasonably confident the majority of them would be available,â€

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
super dooper
Club Player

we're in a position to be extra cautious with top spot sown up and playing teams that will have little impact on shaping the 8 except essendon this week.

There is no REAL reason to bring back the likes of Roo, Goddard, Dal, Joey, Fish, Gilbert, Hayes etc... in fact why not rest a couple more people like Gram and CJ who will play pivotal roles in September...

another week of no changes wouldn't necessarilly be the worst thing in the world now would it?

From my perspective the only prerequisite is that we have a full line up for rounds 21 and 22 just prior to finals to make sure of that chemistry at stoppages etc is there come our qualifying final.

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

It's worth remembering that if we win our first final our whole side can have the week off the next week. That's only 5 weeks away. We don't want to give them too much rest. If giving any of them another week or two would help an injury heal significantly, though, I'm all for it. We can clearly cover for them in the meantime.
Last edited by AnythingsPossibleSaints on Tue 11 Aug 2009 12:35pm, edited 1 time in total.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Like too see Roo back, I reckon he gets better as a season unfolds,he runs himself into form. Two weeks off might set him back a month.

Bakes can have another,been playing on shots all year. Not sure about BJ,they might give him another.Fisher has struggled for a lot of the year with something,maybe they'll give him another.
You'd expect the rest to come back in.

Milne might get a rest,along with Ray,Jones,mini maybe

Bring back the Lockett era
mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

All are fine no serious injuries to report but after saying that don't expect all to come in

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

Would like to see Roo back so Hurley can match up on his boyhood hero (& get shallacked!)

Still spewing he didn't somehow sneak through to us at #13 (although I'm very happy with Tommy Lynch)