Flirting with side/form

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

chook23
Saintsational Legend

Flirting with side/form

Since Cats did this before Bris game......

Since then their form has been no where near upto and including Rnd 14.

We are flirting with side/chemistry......hope our form does not fall away

the amount of changes just does not sit right.

Hope I am wrong.

saint4life
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Re: Flirting with side/form

chook23 wrote:Since Cats did this before Bris game......

Hope I am wrong.
So do I, because if you are right, then Misson needs to be sacked immediately.

Somehow I reckon it's calculated list management.

We have 2 very soft games to end the regular season....no doubt a few "stars" will sit out the Bombers game also, but by Round 21 we should be close to full strength again IMO.

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Im coming around. Remember the injury toll of 05/06 ? Its easy to forget sometimes. It really has to be considered a luxury to be in this position I think.

Part one of the season essentially over.

The home straight beckons.

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

I hope you're wrong too.

I have 100% faith in the management team though.

But, all the same, I would hate Sydney supporters to be saying in a few weeks time "Saints imploded after they met our toughness".

Cos that's what I'm thinking about Geelong right now after Round 14. They have beaten Melbourne by 6 goals, and had two narrow wins and two losses since then.

Anyway, back to reality, FWIW I think we'll win tomorrow.

Said to a mate today, the outs won't lose structure if they play an intraclub among themselves - there's almost enough to play half-court!

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
chook23 wrote:Since Cats did this before Bris game......

Hope I am wrong.
So do I, because if you are right, then Misson needs to be sacked immediately.

Somehow I reckon it's calculated list management.

We have 2 very soft games to end the regular season....no doubt a few "stars" will sit out the Bombers game also, but by Round 21 we should be close to full strength again IMO.
Full strength yes, but how will the form be?

Pretty sure this is not Misson's call.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Isn't anyone else worried that some of these injuries may be legit, and we are neither flirting with form or resting?

chook23
Saintsational Legend

ohwhenthesaints! wrote:Isn't anyone else worried that some of these injuries may be legit, and we are neither flirting with form or resting?
you mention "some".........

saint4life
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

ohwhenthesaints! wrote:Isn't anyone else worried that some of these injuries may be legit, and we are neither flirting with form or resting?
TBH the only one that concerns me at the moment is Gilbo.

I think the rest are good player management, but Gilbo worries me. Don't like "back" injuries.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Iceman234 wrote:

I think the rest are good player management, but Gilbo worries me. Don't like "back" injuries.
What if it was a slight hammy?

Solar
Saintsational Legend

must say part of me goes "yeah I bet they asked the player, where you sore and named that" and the other half goes "what if these are actually real ba long term injuries....."

I am still backing A over B

but the thought did cross my mind after watching geelong play tonight, hard to win when your top 2 backman are out and the next best tall backman is totally out of form

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

Isn't it possible that these players are carrying injuries that warrant them not being played?

After last week's game I think it's a probable.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

yet to be convinced on the latest BUZ words

good player management...in relation to all the changes ....blah blah

time will tell

saint4life
saintly
Saintsational Legend

sine mmust be injuries, but the saints are supposed to get 3-4 players black next week!

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Iceman234 wrote:

What if it was a slight hammy?
Quite often related injuries p66

The Peanut
Club Player

I'm convinced that the players that were withdrawn had niggles/doubts in the areas named. I don't think Ross wanted to send them off on a plane interstate at this time of the year if they were anything other than 100% fit.

Player management is not flirting with form - Geelong are the 'Cats' and we are the mighty 'Saints". - at last.

duckduckduckgoose
Club Player

chook23 wrote: Hope I am wrong.
Im happy to report you were well and truly wrong! :)

I bought a shirt from Target once.
It had a hard tag on it too.

I know how Dal feels.
AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

cowboy18 wrote:Isn't it possible that these players are carrying injuries that warrant them not being played?
It is indeed. I'd say except for maybe Rooey, they probably all had some sort of niggle/legit, albeit minor injury. Eg; apparently Bakes has been carrying a knee injury for a while and we first heard about Fisher having a toe injury about 2 months ago.
It just makes you wonder why they weren't "rested" earlier, though. Saturday showed that we clearly had some good quality "back-ups" that were playing in the VFL. So you'd think it would have been preferable to have done it more gradually, over several weeks, rather than leaving 7 out in one week. It's worked out OK in the end, but it's a strange/risky way to go about it!

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

iwantmeseats wrote:Im coming around. Remember the injury toll of 05/06 ? Its easy to forget sometimes. It really has to be considered a luxury to be in this position I think.

Part one of the season essentially over.

The home straight beckons.
i remember 2005......we went in with unfit players..still had the swans om toast for three quarters of the match.....then the injuries caught up with us...the club has since confirmed that we would have had trouble putting a competitive side together for the next week......no...i'm happy for the club to rest players....more than happy.....i believe it essential in order to win the flag...geelong found that out last year.....
Last edited by stinger on Mon 10 Aug 2009 4:58pm, edited 1 time in total.

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

The kids deserve another go after that great tackle count... they should possibly even play the next 3 rounds.

I reckon rest all the A grade stars as much as possible - keep them fresh , fit and trained up for the finals.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:
cowboy18 wrote:Isn't it possible that these players are carrying injuries that warrant them not being played?
It is indeed. I'd say except for maybe Rooey, they probably all had some sort of niggle/legit, albeit minor injury. Eg; apparently Bakes has been carrying a knee injury for a while and we first heard about Fisher having a toe injury about 2 months ago.
It just makes you wonder why they weren't "rested" earlier, though. Saturday showed that we clearly had some good quality "back-ups" that were playing in the VFL. So you'd think it would have been preferable to have done it more gradually, over several weeks, rather than leaving 7 out in one week. It's worked out OK in the end, but it's a strange/risky way to go about it!
maybe earlier we had no idea that the saints would be 19 zip!

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:

i remember 2006......we went in with unfit players..still had the swans om toast for three quarters of the match.....then the injuries caught up with us...the club has since confirmed that we would have had trouble putting a competitive side together for the next week......no...i'm happy for the club to rest players....more than happy.....i believe it essential in order to win the flag...geelong found that out last year.....
I remember 2006, brilliant year we finished 8th, Thomas got sacked and finally we appointed a FAIR DINKUM REAL McCOY coach!

Thankyou Rod Butterss!

You were referring to 2005 when we were coached by the numbnut who in his own words said " fitness and conditioning staff are overrated"!

FAIR DINKUM

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
stinger wrote:

i remember 2006......we went in with unfit players..still had the swans om toast for three quarters of the match.....then the injuries caught up with us...the club has since confirmed that we would have had trouble putting a competitive side together for the next week......no...i'm happy for the club to rest players....more than happy.....i believe it essential in order to win the flag...geelong found that out last year.....
I remember 2006, brilliant year we finished 8th, Thomas got sacked and finally we appointed a FAIR DINKUM REAL McCOY coach!

Thankyou Rod Butterss!

You were referring to 2005 when we were coached by the numbnut who in his own words said " fitness and conditioning staff are overrated"!

FAIR DINKUM
Is that the same Rod Butterss who appointed GT.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
stinger wrote:

Thankyou Rod Butterss!

FAIR DINKUM
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: ...don't the years get away from you when you are having fun.....if we win this year...i will say a quiet thank you prayer to thomas for changing our losing culture......others can please themselves...i won't give a rats.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
yipper
SS Life Member

stinger wrote:
barks4eva wrote:
stinger wrote:

Thankyou Rod Butterss!

FAIR DINKUM
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: ...don't the years get away from you when you are having fun.....if we win this year...i will say a quiet thank you prayer to thomas for changing our losing culture......others can please themselves...i won't give a rats.....
That is a fair comment - they did turn our club around when it was on it's knees!! All credit to them for that. The current admin has provided the stability and the resources to take us home.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
Thank Tim Watson, without him we would not have had all the draft picks!

It didn't matter who was coaching us with the influx of quality players we recruited and drafted!

When a club gets this much quality all at once the evidence is there that 3 to 4 years later this will be reflected in that teams onfield performances.

It's no rocket science, Hawthorn's premiership came 4 years after their draft bonanza!

It's just the natural order of things and no club in history has had such a bonanza as we had in 2001, 2002, 2003.

It would not have mattered who was coaching us, in 2004 and 2005 we had possibly the best list in the AFL!

All Thomas did was send us backwards after a few years, through his incompetence instead of building on the foundations that were given to him!

Comparing Grant Thomas to Ross Lyon is like comparing Gomer Pyle to Isaac Newtown!

FAIR DINKUM!

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.