Some so called "supporters"

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Raven
Club Player

Some so called "supporters"

I'm pretty happy with everything that's happened over the last couple of days; I think Ross Lyon is doing the right thing and I trust him to do what's best for the club.

What I'm not happy with is the reaction from some so-called "supporters".

Keep in mind I'm (hopefully) talking about the minority here.

I heard a woman ring SEN this afternoon who was disgusted with the club because she'd paid for her flight down to Tassie and a ticket to the game only to find out now half the team isn't playing. She said it was unfair to her and the rest of the supporters that the club wouldn't be putting on a good entertaining show.

I've heard other supporters in the last day say that the club owes it to the fans to put a complete full strength side on the field each and every week to make it a real contest and "exciting". How dare the club take away any sense of competition and/or contest.

WHAT UTTER RUBBISH. BOO EFFING HOO.

This is unquestionably the most successful season (so far) in the history of the club, apart from our only premiership of course. And yet STILL, the fans are finding something to complain about. It makes me sick.

These people must be the ones who boo their own team because they kick it backwards a couple of times. That's not being a supporter.

I love what Ross Lyon has done. Looking at the big picture, I would much rather we field the side we're fielding this week if it means some of our bigger names can have a much deserved rest before the finals.

Hell, we're still in with every chance tomorrow, it's not a gimme for the Hawks by any means. The ins we have are actually pretty decent, and their backline is a mess. If Lyon is the tactician he seems to be, he has every chance to get us over the line.

I'm sure that all the people who have been complaining would be very happy about this round in hindsight if we are victorious on that last Saturday in September.

Thankfully people on this forum seem to be generally ok with it all. 8-)

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

I am looking at the big picture, but also looking at this weeks game and I still feel we will beat the Hawks.

Again, every Club have supporters that are never happy...

We even have some on here....

Thank god some have been banned

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
HarveysDeciple

Any supporter who thinks the club must move heaven and earth to entertain them should piss off!!

The club needs to win flags, if you don't like it go away, it's not all about making you happy FFS

Maxstar22
Club Player

Winning the flag would make me happy :P

But I agree. I work with a number of Saints supporters - all as passionate and nutty as me. There is one however who never says anything positive, is always bagging the players and if you didn't know he followed us, you would swear he barracked for Collingwood or Carlton.

We actually don't talk footy with him anymore as it is getting past the point of highlighting to him all the wonderful positives of this club.

PS - He sits in latte section on level 2.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Well thge "boo-ers" have been well and truly found out anyway

They'll be same people who whinge and complain when we dont "entertain"

If we make the big game I truly trust none of them find their way inside the ground...oh but of course for one day they will be "loya fans who have follwed the Club for years" :roll:

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
plumtire
Club Player

Some so called supporters

Well said 66Au! Now why are we not getting behind 'em and putting our houses on 'em? :wink: (I know one who has?) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

SaintDebi
Club Player

I agree with all of the above. Yes, my initial reaction to all the changes this week was surprise and a bit of worry. But worry more that these are just minor injuries as quoted and our boys are all ok.
Why must it be assumed that we can't win with the team as it stands this week?
And why does it have to be the end of the world if we do lose?
I think too many saints followers (not SUPPORTERS - look the word up) have lost sight of the big picture (remember the flag??) because they're so caught up in the undefeated season hype.
I won't be changing my footy tips. I have faith that we will still win, and if we don't I'll be proud of every player who gives his best effort as always.

I barrack for the StKilda Football Club. The WHOLE club, not just certain big names.

Instesd of people whinging about the club not "entertaining" them, how about we concentrate on what we can offer the boys tomorrow- OUR SUPPORT!

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

Maxstar22 wrote:Winning the flag would make me happy :P

But I agree. I work with a number of Saints supporters - all as passionate and nutty as me. There is one however who never says anything positive, is always bagging the players and if you didn't know he followed us, you would swear he barracked for Collingwood or Carlton.

We actually don't talk footy with him anymore as it is getting past the point of highlighting to him all the wonderful positives of this club.

You know where you can stick your latte section comment mate.

Plenty of passionate supporters who sacrifice in other areas of their lives to afford the best seats possible.

Have a crack at the fair weather supporters by all means but come up to L2 one day & say that to our section & see how you fare.

Utterly sick of this 'I'm a better supporter than you because (insert inane generalisation)" BS.

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Animal Enclosure wrote:

Plenty of passionate supporters who sacrifice in other areas of their lives to afford the best seats possible.

Have a crack at the fair weather supporters by all means but come up to L2 one day & say that to our section & see how you fare.

Utterly sick of this 'I'm a better supporter than you because (insert inane generalisation)" BS.
Couldn't agree more. I won't be made to feel guilty because I sit on Level 2. I love my front row seats and I come home every week with severe bruising on my hands from banging that damn metal sign in front of me when I almost fall over the guard rail in my excitement.

Stop the BS about level 2 as they are not the only offenders when it comes to the lack of noise at some of the St Kilda games!! Level 1 directly below me makes next to no noise at all. Maybe if I dropped my 'latte' on them, I might see some action.......

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

saint75 wrote:
Animal Enclosure wrote:

Couldn't agree more. I won't be made to feel guilty because I sit on Level 2. I love my front row seats and I come home every week with severe bruising on my hands from banging that damn metal sign in front of me when I almost fall over the guard rail in my excitement.

Stop the BS about level 2 as they are not the only offenders when it comes to the lack of noise at some of the St Kilda games!! Level 1 directly below me makes next to no noise at all. Maybe if I dropped my 'latte' on them, I might see some action.......
Must be good up there, it's usually half empty. Some people just have too much.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Bernard Shakey wrote:
saint75 wrote:
Animal Enclosure wrote:

Must be good up there, it's usually half empty. Some people just have too much.
Have too much what...?? Would love for you to elaborate.

As for half empty, you are kidding right? Our section is full every week.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

This thread seems like high-horse central.

Anyways, to be different and provide a realistic opinion without any massive generalizations....Id be pretty pissed too if I had brought tickets to support the team in Tassie, flights accommodation and all and had only a sub-talented team to look forward to....Seems like a logical reaction for anyone actually put in that situation.

I also enjoy this new phenomenon of supporter bashing that continues to gain momentum week after week. Im a big believer in as long as you pay your money, you can support in any way you want.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Animal Enclosure wrote:

Give this man a prize.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

some people seem more obsessed in going 22-0 than getting a flag IMO

f*** the streak, who gives a fat rats clacka about it
nice??... well yeah
in the long run??....care factor zero

but theres always muppets in every supporter base i guess

im more interested to see how jacko stevens goes and how bally returns, geary too.

so what! some fans miss out on their fav players being on the park when they go down to tassie.
thems the breaks

walski
Club Player

matrixcutter wrote:some people seem more obsessed in going 22-0 than getting a flag IMO

f*** the streak, who gives a fat rats clacka about it
nice??... well yeah
in the long run??....care factor zero

but theres always muppets in every supporter base i guess

im more interested to see how jacko stevens goes and how bally returns, geary too.

so what! some fans miss out on their fav players being on the park when they go down to tassie.
thems the breaks

I don't want another streak dvd - I want a premiership '09 dvd.... ;)

Interesting WEG said in his last interview that he disparately wanted to do another St.Kilda poster before he passed.... Quite sad.. We didn't do it.....