Did I miss something or has round 19 already started?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Solar
Saintsational Legend

Did I miss something or has round 19 already started?

Look it was a shame we lost, the weather wasn't great but at least some of the younger players got a hit out. Ball was god in and under, blake was good on roughie and max put some good pressure on buddy. Shame we went down....

we lost didn't we? I'm confused, the blues and bombers hate us for losing, hawks are very happy to have their season still alive..... am I missing something here?

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
claystreet
Club Player

Yeah good stuff

lmao

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

lol...

I still think we are going to win in any case.

We have good inclusions and the Hawks have a late change with Osborne out.

So the Hawks will be without Guerra, Osborne and Ellis

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
clarky449
Saintsational Legend

I have a feeling we will win, getting the feeling that Stevens will get a ton of touches, just a feeling

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
Maxstar22
Club Player

Re: Did I miss something or has round 19 already started?

Solar wrote:Look it was a shame we lost, the weather wasn't great but at least some of the younger players got a hit out. Ball was god in and under, blake was good on roughie and max put some good pressure on buddy. Shame we went down....

we lost didn't we? I'm confused, the blues and bombers hate us for losing, hawks are very happy to have their season still alive..... am I missing something here?
I was thinking the same thing. I have had no end of emails and phone calls since last night from other club supporters laughing at me about the team selections this week.

One call of note "How does it feel now". I quietly reminded them of our ladder position and the fact that the game hasn't even started yet, let alone won or lost.

F_Q_F
Club Player

I'm expecting the Saints to go about it the exact same way they have gone about the last 18 weeks.

While our stars have shone this year, I think the whole team has lifted. While I know we are a better team with the 5 or 6 missing we still have a competitive team on the park.

Saints by 20. Hawks to go in thinking they have already won it and start slowly.

Raven
Club Player

clarky449 wrote:I have a feeling we will win, getting the feeling that Stevens will get a ton of touches, just a feeling
Who is Stevens and what team does he play for?

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Raven wrote:
clarky449 wrote:I have a feeling we will win, getting the feeling that Stevens will get a ton of touches, just a feeling
Steven, gee sorry

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

clarky449 wrote:
Raven wrote:
Steven, gee sorry
Don't worry mate, we all know who you mean, and yes he will be busting his guts out to prove himself with the hope of playing more games this season.

The same goes with Geary....

The final listed 22 will be out to do their best to be retained for the 8 or so players that are not playing

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Raven
Club Player

clarky449 wrote:
Raven wrote:
Steven, gee sorry
:wink:
I hope he has a blinder for a debut.

remboy
SS Hall of Fame

As someone has already stated in another thread the omissions this week means there are 6 or 7 automatic inclusions ready to come back in. As a result, the 22 playing tomorrow wil be busting a gut to hold their place in the side four weeks out from the finals.
The Hawks may have a finals berth on the line but I'd say there are half a dozen Saints who have a finals berth on the line.

Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

That's call a winning culture! Its amazing the amount of confidence a club and its supporters get when you just keep winning!

Love it !!! I have that feeling too, but I will not be that upset to be honest if we lose tomorrow!

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Dal_Santos_Gal wrote:
That's call a winning culture! Its amazing the amount of confidence a club and its supporters get when you just keep winning!

Love it !!! I have that feeling too, but I will not be that upset to be honest if we lose tomorrow!
Would you have been upset last week? Yes you would have.

So this week is a bye as far as you're concerned.

If we want to win on 26/09/09 we should not be playing with our form.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Hey Solar, I reckon the forum has seen more action this week then the whole year combined.

Heck, if we can't have a loss to fire things up, this is the next best thing.

Question is, after we trash the Hawks tomorrow, what are we left to whinge about???

except of course why didn't Goose play?

Solar
Saintsational Legend

shhssshhh I put my house on the hawks because the result was already known... will retire now :D remember don't tell anyone.....

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
Dal_Santos_Gal wrote:

Would you have been upset last week? Yes you would have.

So this week is a bye as far as you're concerned.

If we want to win on 26/09/09 we should not be playing with our form.
Nope I never said that this week is a bye.
Of course I would have been upset last week if we had lost and any other week before that.
For the record I am not going to be jumping though hoops if we lose today, but I don't think its as important to win today than it was for the past 18 weeks.

I think some supporters need to Look at it from the clubs prospective.
You go and drop 6 or 7 of your walk up start ups for one week. do people honestly think that the club is really worried about the 4 points?
It's simple there is 4 weeks to go and they want the players to be as close to cherry ripe for the battles of September.

I put it to you this way would you rather the club play a full list today and win but possibly fall apart come September because we have too many sore players.
Oh great! look at St Kilda getting run over in the last qrt of a final because they are buggered and too sore.
Oh St Kilda and there list management.
The headlines would go on and on

Its a double edged sword, keep playing everyone and hope they have enough to last the bruising battles of September or drop a handful now, give them a break for a week where the ground is going to be wet, slippery and very taxing on the legs.... Well I know which one I would take.

I don't know about good yourself but I am willing to drop a game if it means September glory.

But Don't worry, it has been in the back of my mind and it has been all season, that that you should not play with momentum.
In saying that if we should win today, the rest of the 8 will be dead set sh*ting themselves.

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Re: Did I miss something or has round 19 already started?

Solar wrote:Look it was a shame we lost, the weather wasn't great but at least some of the younger players got a hit out. Ball was god in and under, blake was good on roughie and max put some good pressure on buddy. Shame we went down....

Blake on Roughie?

:shock:

matrix
Saintsational Legend

shhhhhhhhh

secret squirrel