Geelong the reason we don't "need to lose"

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

maz1685
Club Player

Geelong the reason we don't "need to lose"

This is just my personal opinion, but I thought about it tonight, and as I've said once before, a team on a winning streak only needs to lose a game when they become complacent and develop this self belief that they are unstoppable. This is where Geelong comes in, most people still regard Geelong as the benchmark, the Saints certainly do, so they know they always have this big challenge between them and a flag. A lot of Geelong supporters say that "St Kilda is the Cats of 07-08, but the difference is they didn't have an equal contender", well this works in our favour, the Cats got so complacent (as evidenced by comments from Scarlett to the effect of "At our best we're unstoppable and a cut above the rest") that they showed up to the GF expecting to win against Hawks.

So IMO, I thank the cats for playing a very minor minor role in our continued improvement and ongoing success.

saint3d
Club Player

Well said.

bozza1980
Club Player

I agree.

It's hard to get ahead of yourself when you you still think that there is a side whose level you believe you still have to match.