Superstitions

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Maxstar22
Club Player

Superstitions

I'm sure this has been a thread before, but I thought, hell we are 17-0 and cruising very nicely. Not much more analysis you can really do (except for go over old ground), so why not have alittle fun.

What, if any, are your superstitions for the footy?

1. At work, I have the 2008 team poster and 2008 Nick Riewoldt poster on my wall. I am not taking it down and replacing it with the 2009 - just in case.

2. I wear the same pair of socks to the footy every week.

3. I park in the exact same car spot every week.

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

Still got my 2008 membership sticker on my car... have been going to change it all season but now it's staying til October.

Footy socks to games, sit on my wife's right, never talk about the Grand Final (except to say I'm not talking about it)

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Re: Superstitions

my member 09 badge sits where it has all season ... on top of my computer box right in front of me. it's not going anywhere.

markp
Saintsational Legend

This year I didn't wear my scarf to the first game, and as we won I didn't wear it to the next game, or subsequent games.... I feel a bit naked without it though, and I haven't decided what to do about finals yet, if we go through undefeated.... face painting maybe? :wink:

tomnz
Club Player

I always put Robert Harvey T shirts (black one from last year), every time Saints play this year, never lost.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

i wear the same long sleeve media polo signed by lenny under a long sleeved tracksuit top (fleece kind, not wet weather kind) every time i watch a game no matter where i am.
(if im at the ground a wet weather saints jacket goes over the top of both.)

i always walk into work after a game saying nothing...i wait for others to bring it up and have certain answers pre planned for each stupid nuff nuff port and crows supporter.

i will not NOT see or hear a game.
every game must be seen or at a very last resort, listened to on the radio.

SideshowMilne
Club Player

After 1966 they put a jumper on the Tommy Bent statue.

Last year and 1997 f'nuckles put it on during the finals series.

I am now camping out with baseball bat.

TriColourDisciple
Club Player

I've given away with superstitions as over the years l've tried them all & I still haven't seen a premiership.
I'd even got to the point where as I was blowing out my birthday cake candles wishing for a premiership.
Nope..bugger superstitions, these days I've just been winging it & I have to say, So far ,so good.

Proudly Brainwashed since 1972
saintly
Saintsational Legend

i normally don't have superstitions however, i got the members scarf in round 12 and wore with with my other saints scarfe, now i can't go to the game unless i have both scarves.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

good year to get rid of your old superstitions...or create new ones..... :wink: :wink: :wink:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
VietNam_Saint
Club Player

bigcarl wrote:my member 09 badge sits where it has all season ... on top of my computer box right in front of me. it's not going anywhere.
09 membership badge ?????

Did we get them ?? i didn't , just a key ring thing ,, is that what you mean ?

What will be next from this club ?
claystreet
Club Player

I get a new Saints jumper every time we appear in a granny,
have my 97 on the wall behind me and it needs replacing with
a 2009 premiership one.

GO SAINTS

noob
Club Player

haven't worn the st.kilda colours to a game this season

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Always wear my old scarf, circa @1977.

Even at home. :oops:

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Jnr wears his St Kilda jocks that he purchase on line from the Club at the start of the season and wears them each time the Saints play...

It has not failed yet

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Badlands
Club Player

I have a running tally going up in my office window which looks out onto a very busy corridor (as it is also home to the mens and ladies). Gets updated every Monday morning. Anyway seeing as I'm not in Melb (or Vic for that matter) it generates a few questions... "What's that tally of 17 in your window mean?" etc. etc.

Such ignorance!

"I'm in the middle of a long conversation with my audience. It'll be a lifelong journey for both of us by the time we're done." - Bruce Springsteen.
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

umm stopped picking them as my certainties in the saintsational comp in case i jinxed them? (did pick em in rnd 14!)

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

VietNam_Saint wrote:
bigcarl wrote:my member 09 badge sits where it has all season ... on top of my computer box right in front of me. it's not going anywhere.
09 membership badge ?????

Did we get them ?? i didn't , just a key ring thing ,, is that what you mean ?
ahh, so that's what it is. doesn't matter, it's staying where it is.

saintnt
Club Player

There's an interesting one. Pregnant with our first child and have been all season. Bub due two weeks before the grand final and have been told that I will probably go two weeks over, which means come grand final day, I will be otherwise occupied. Keep telling everyone that if I go into labour on grand final day, that I want a tv in the room so that I can watch the final and have been told that I will not want to know about the footy! Somehow, have a feeling that as this is the first time in many years that I will not be able to fly to Melbourne at the drop of a hat, this will be our year.

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

When I wake up each morning,I have to get out of bed by crawling out,and my hands have to touch the ground first,not my legs. Then I crawl to the door,head butt it no more no less than 24 times. I then switch the light on and off 201 times,then one extra time just incase I didn't do it enough. Then sometimes I do it an extra few hundred times incase I miscounted that extra one, better to be safe than sorry!

When I'm eating breakfast,I can only chew once,then I shout out a random noise,this process is continued until I'm finished. I put the milk back in the fridge,and re arrange the shelf,3 times,putting things back and forth in the same spots.

I then have to walk backwards to the car whilst hopping. When driving I have to flap my left arm like a chicken for the entire duration of the trip. If anyone see's me do it,I have to swap arms and then mooo like a cow at the same time.

Then when I'm at work,if i hear anyone in conversation use the word "the" I have to stop everything and do 27 star jumps on the spot,and not answer why i am doing this when I'm questioned by confused people.

If I don't do all of this,we will lose

Bring back the Lockett era
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

jonesy wrote:When I wake up each morning,I have to get out of bed by crawling out,and my hands have to touch the ground first,not my legs. Then I crawl to the door,head butt it no more no less than 24 times. I then switch the light on and off 201 times,then one extra time just incase I didn't do it enough. Then sometimes I do it an extra few hundred times incase I miscounted that extra one, better to be safe than sorry!

When I'm eating breakfast,I can only chew once,then I shout out a random noise,this process is continued until I'm finished. I put the milk back in the fridge,and re arrange the shelf,3 times,putting things back and forth in the same spots.

I then have to walk backwards to the car whilst hopping. When driving I have to flap my left arm like a chicken for the entire duration of the trip. If anyone see's me do it,I have to swap arms and then mooo like a cow at the same time.

Then when I'm at work,if i hear anyone in conversation use the word "the" I have to stop everything and do 27 star jumps on the spot,and not answer why i am doing this when I'm questioned by confused people.

If I don't do all of this,we will lose

:lol:

milney044
Club Player

I don't know if it's a supersition exactly but my room is covered with Saints posters and if a particular one falls off I take it as a sign.. It's been interesting..Matty Maguire has been very loose this year and the last week Bally has come unstuck. Now I don't want to jinx anything here but I have team posters from 2004 on my wall and over the weekend the '07 one came off. Since my walls are so covered I'd have to take one of these posters down should there need to be space for the 2009 premiership team. As 2007 is our most disappointing of them all this would be my choice for replacement.. I'd love for it's fall to be a sign!!!

Destiny. It's in our hands.

Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.
SaintDebi
Club Player

milney044 wrote:I don't know if it's a supersition exactly but my room is covered with Saints posters and if a particular one falls off I take it as a sign.. It's been interesting..Matty Maguire has been very loose this year and the last week Bally has come unstuck. Now I don't want to jinx anything here but I have team posters from 2004 on my wall and over the weekend the '07 one came off. Since my walls are so covered I'd have to take one of these posters down should there need to be space for the 2009 premiership team. As 2007 is our most disappointing of them all this would be my choice for replacement.. I'd love for it's fall to be a sign!!!
Either that Milney or it might mean the Saints are headed for a fall. :shock:
You better not have jinxed us. :evil: You realise if we drop a game now it'll be your fault for being too stingy with the blu tac. :wink:

milney044
Club Player

SaintDebi wrote:
milney044 wrote:I don't know if it's a supersition exactly but my room is covered with Saints posters and if a particular one falls off I take it as a sign.. It's been interesting..Matty Maguire has been very loose this year and the last week Bally has come unstuck. Now I don't want to jinx anything here but I have team posters from 2004 on my wall and over the weekend the '07 one came off. Since my walls are so covered I'd have to take one of these posters down should there need to be space for the 2009 premiership team. As 2007 is our most disappointing of them all this would be my choice for replacement.. I'd love for it's fall to be a sign!!!
Either that Milney or it might mean the Saints are headed for a fall. :shock:
You better not have jinxed us. :evil: You realise if we drop a game now it'll be your fault for being too stingy with the blu tac. :wink:
LOL the '07 team might have fallen but this is a very different team in '09. I must look into purchasing stronger blu tac though :wink:

Destiny. It's in our hands.

Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

saintnt wrote:There's an interesting one. Pregnant with our first child and have been all season. Bub due two weeks before the grand final and have been told that I will probably go two weeks over, which means come grand final day, I will be otherwise occupied. Keep telling everyone that if I go into labour on grand final day, that I want a tv in the room so that I can watch the final and have been told that I will not want to know about the footy! Somehow, have a feeling that as this is the first time in many years that I will not be able to fly to Melbourne at the drop of a hat, this will be our year.
if the child hasn't come by GF day it'll probably come out to check what all the fuss is about - hope it's a boy, otherwise young 'baker tiprat' will be teased about her name! :)

good luck with it all!

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "