We just keep getting better and better

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

James
Club Player

We just keep getting better and better

In all belief, I think our last two weeks have been the best football we've played all year.

Two "smokies" for the upset premiership, loss is due, yada yada yada. We go out and smash them.

We haven't even tried. We've been flicking that switch on and off and conserving energy brilliantly.

We comprehensively outplayed and shut down any chance the Dogs had. This was with a haphazard forward structure and in a game that involved very tight packs, we were missing our most keen in and under midfielder.

That last quarter, when Riewoldt and Milne simply went ballistic... that was amazing - they were pushing for a hope, and we just exploded and buried them.

Goddard, world class. Dal Santo, world class. Hayes, world class. We're unbelievable. No one can touch us.

Every week I begin to believe more and more.

Brendon Goddard - 2012 Premiership Captain
#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

Well said mate

lets all enjoy it

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

I loved how RL said in the presser that he told the team to "go for it" in the last quarter and not just try and save the game...as the Doggies are known fast finishers

15 mins of explosive footy and that was the end of that

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Re: We just keep getting better and better

James wrote:In all belief, I think our last two weeks have been the best football we've played all year.

Two "smokies" for the upset premiership, loss is due, yada yada yada. We go out and smash them.

We haven't even tried. We've been flicking that switch on and off and conserving energy brilliantly.

We comprehensively outplayed and shut down any chance the Dogs had. This was with a haphazard forward structure and in a game that involved very tight packs, we were missing our most keen in and under midfielder.

That last quarter, when Riewoldt and Milne simply went ballistic... that was amazing - they were pushing for a hope, and we just exploded and buried them.

Goddard, world class. Dal Santo, world class. Hayes, world class. We're unbelievable. No one can touch us.

Every week I begin to believe more and more.

see my signature mate.....been there all year....with slight modifications....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

pised myself laughing watching the replay actually....the dumb commentator remarks that the bullies are starting off the last quarter with 7 in their forward zone......

...well yes....you can do that if you pop one or two extra on the field......don't get caught though......talk about dullbogs........they are flowering dumb alright...can't count to save themselves...or the game.....
Last edited by stinger on Sun 26 Jul 2009 9:51pm, edited 1 time in total.

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

James wrote:
We haven't even tried.
Dont believe this for a second.

We tried just like we did against Geelong. It is just that we had the opportunity to ice the clock against Adelaide and the Bulldogs.

To say we haven't tried is to dismiss the greatness of the teams play in thoses two games.

They have been absolutely awesome.

Seems our slump was from about R9 to R12 where we only won by about three goals a game :D :D

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
saint_mite
SS Hall of Fame

joffaboy wrote: Seems our slump was from about R9 to R12 where we only won by about three goals a game :D :D
those where dark dark times... how can you bring it up?
it's just so painful...

Milton66
SS Life Member

The last 2 weeks have seen a clinical display of power footy that I'v never seen this team play.

Let's be honest here... we are a great team and the only thing that stands between us and a flag is Geelong. There are no excuses this year.

This is the best I have seen us play in all my 45 years of following the Saints.

A premiership aside, it appears that all off field decisins have been vindicated.

Whilst thelid is on, the past 4 weeks have shown me that we are the best in the AFL at the moment.

Simply awesome displays. I was expecting close games againts the Dogs and Crows, only to leave the ground stunned.

Go you good things! :D

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
roxanne
Club Player

I agree Milton66, in fact I think this is the best I've ever seen any team play.

"He spoke of his stride, his power and his willingness to push himself to exhaustion. All of the things that are on display each weekend in the No 12 jumper" Garry Lyon