Why Geelong will lose the 2009 GF (if they can make it)

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

axcellence
Club Player

Why Geelong will lose the 2009 GF (if they can make it)

The reason Geelong will lose the grand final (if they get to it) will be their mentality. To this date, everyone including Geelong players are unwilling to admit that something went wrong with THEIR gameplan. That they were OUTPLAYED.

They went in the 2008 GF thinking they’d smash Hawthorn like they did with Port. Well, they were wrong and will continue to be wrong in the 2009 GF – it’s because of their inability to respect the opposition’s ability that they will get done.

Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

HOPEFULLY YOUR RIGHT!

Why we are on the topic of Geelong, their supporters are so arrogant.
I have heard of a few of them say since Sundays game, that if that's all we can put upto them that they will smash in come september.

Remind me who won on Sunday?,
Sunday proved to me that we are up for the challenge and we have bridged the gap so much that the supporters are now worried.
NOW that so called "easy run" to the 2009 premiership ain't going to come on a silver platter like it did back in 2007.

That being said, you can see it now, them losing again and being the "best side" for 3 years to only walk away with one flag.

I HATE'EM and hopefully we can stick it up'em in 3 months time

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€
mullet
Saintsational Legend

I found it interesting that they struggled against West Coast and then Freo (both at subiaco) and yet nothing was made of it. However when we beat Carlton in a close one, It was almost like Carlton won. I really thought that more would be made of them struggling against west coast, as didnt richmond beat west coast over there! Hopefully this doesnt bite me in the bum after next weekend :shock:

bozza1980
Club Player

They will lose it because we will win it.