Social Club waiting list

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

Social Club waiting list

It now costs $20 to get on the waiting list for the Social Club. You then get first shot at any extra tickets the club would get for the Grand Final if we are there.

It could be an excellent investment. Better odds than Lotto tonight.

http://www.saints.com.au/season2009/new ... fault.aspx
The St Kilda Football Club is proud to announce that we have reached our Social Club cap of 11,500 for 2009. This is an amazing increase from the 8300 Social Club members we had in 2008 and we would like to thank all those members who renewed their Social Club in 2009 or have joined the Social Club for the first time.

As a result of this outstanding achievement, we have reached our Social Club capacity. However, in the event that the Club can secure additional Grand Final tickets should St Kilda be competing, we have set up a waiting list. The waiting list allows members the best possible chance of securing any potential surplus tickets, as well as securing 2010 Social Club should 2009 members not wish to take up Social Club membership in 2010.

The Waiting List opened this morning and a $20 fee applies which will be deducted from you 2010 membership should you be accepted next year. You can be added to the Social Club waiting list by calling the Membership hotline on 1300 GO SAINTS (1300 467 246

Furtius Quo Rdelious
chook23
Saintsational Legend

Surely it means you pay the $20 waiting list

PLUS the normal 2009 Social Club fee - upgrade

OTHERWISE those that have gone on the wait list early would almost
be assured of a ticket with only $20 fee on wait list

You would think not all 11,500
would take up the ticket should we make it.

saint4life
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

That's great news about the Club reaching 11,500 SC Members...

and I am glad our family have joined.

What happens to those punters that pay $20 now, and......

1. If we don't make the Grand Final (I flowering hope we do)

2. There are no more tickets allocated to the Club

Does the Club keep the money and only repay the ones that get to join the SC if an existing member pulls out?

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
chook23
Saintsational Legend

different questions St.Fid

but would love an answer to all

saint4life
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:That's great news about the Club reaching 11,500 SC Members...

Does the Club keep the money and only repay the ones that get to join the SC if an existing member pulls out?
Of course they do. There would be some costs plus they get to make a bit more money.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:That's great news about the Club reaching 11,500 SC Members...

Of course they do. There would be some costs plus they get to make a bit more money.
I am not knocking the idea, and I think it is a good one.

I was just questioning the OP stating ...
It could be an excellent investment

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Milton66
SS Life Member

Therer will be admin costs involved, so they'd be entitled to keep the $20.

Besdies, it would be unfair on those of us who became Social Club members from the outset. Anyone who goes on a waiting list should pay for the same privilegde AFAIAC.

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
chook23
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

I am not knocking the idea, and I think it is a good one.

I was just questioning the OP stating ...
It could be an excellent investment

Would be an excellent investment IF we made the GF and not all the existing 11,500 don't take up the tics

HENCE WHY I raised they should have to pay the SC fee as well.

saint4life
kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

chook23 wrote:

Would be an excellent investment IF we made the GF and not all the existing 11,500 don't take up the tics

The alternative is they distribute extra tickets to non social club members who haven't paid any extra money.

I would assume $20 is putting you ahead of all other non social club members and there is nothing extra to pay except the cost of the ticket. And they are not getting any Social Club benefits for this year. (I realise a lot of people don't or can't use these benefits but pay the money anyway.)

Furtius Quo Rdelious
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti23 wrote:
chook23 wrote:

The alternative is they distribute extra tickets to non social club members who haven't paid any extra money.

I would assume $20 is putting you ahead of all other non social club members and there is nothing extra to pay except the cost of the ticket. And they are not getting any Social Club benefits for this year. (I realise a lot of people don't or can't use these benefits but pay the money anyway.)
And also they assured of a ticket. The others are assured of jak shite.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
kosifantutti23 wrote:
chook23 wrote:

And also they assured of a ticket. The others are assured of jak shite.
Again...

A good business decision from the Club....

Those that are not SC members have to pay $20 if we make the GF to secure any possible extra GF ticket the Club receives...

We don't make the GF the Club collects the $20

We make the GF and their are no more GF tickets the Club collects $20

We make the GF and there are extra tickets these supporters win by their $20 investment

Supporters that don't pay the $20 don't stand a chance in hell of going to the GF

A brilliant idea from the Club

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

IMO the club would keep the money....

...and irrespective whether the Club makes the GF makes it or not....they have still purchased a benefit.....

Effectively they have purchasead "right"...whose value is presently unknown.

A bit like on the share market.

If the Club makes it...and their place on the list is low enough their "right "would be worth hundreds of dollars....maybe even a thousand depending on the demand for GF tickets.
Last edited by saintsRrising on Tue 30 Jun 2009 8:57pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:

IMO the club would keep the money....

...and irespective whether the Club makes the GF makes it or not....they have still purchased a benefit.....

Effectively they have purchasead "right"...whose vlaue is presently unknown.

A bit like on the hsre market.

If the Club makes...and their place on the list is low enoough their "right "would be worth hundreds of dollars....maybe evena thousand depending on the demand for GF tickets.
Yes...

that's why I posted this...
Again...

A good business decision from the Club....

Those that are not SC members have to pay $20 if we make the GF to secure any possible extra GF ticket the Club receives...

We don't make the GF the Club collects the $20

We make the GF and their are no more GF tickets the Club collects $20

We make the GF and there are extra tickets these supporters win by their $20 investment

Supporters that don't pay the $20 don't stand a chance in hell of going to the GF

A brilliant idea from the Club

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

For those new Social Club Members who are unaware of the system that has been in place for allocation GF tickets, should we be participating.

There is an additional cost involved (not much)

If we win our way through to a Preliminary Final, Ticketmaster (or Ticketek - I can't remember which one?) requires you to 'register' your Social Club Barcodes with them before the Prelim Final is played, so that they will be ready to allocate tickets straight away.

There is a small non-refundable charge per barcode for this.

By pre-registering the Social Club Barcodes the ticketing system knows in advance how many tickets will be left over from Social CLub allocation for sale to ordinary members.
Last edited by Mr Magic on Wed 01 Jul 2009 8:40am, edited 1 time in total.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:For those new Socaial Club Members who are unaware of the system that has been in place for allocation GF tickets, should we be participating.

If we win our way through to a Preliminary Final, Ticketmaster (or Ticketek - I can't remember which one?) requires you to 'register' your Social Club Barcodes with them before the Prelim Final is played, so that they will be ready to allocate tickets straight away.

By pre-registering the Social Club Barcodes the ticketing system knows in advance how many tickets will be left over from Social CLub allocation for sale to ordinary members.
Thanks mate, I do believe that ticketmaster is the the dome and the G is Ticketek ......

if not can someone please correct me....

chook23
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:For those new Socaial Club Members who are unaware of the system that has been in place for allocation GF tickets, should we be participating.

Thanks mate, I do believe that ticketmaster is the the dome and the G is Ticketek ......

if not can someone please correct me....
I am not correcting you

saint4life
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Congratulations to the Club in keeping the whole process transparent and simple and setting the groundrules so far in advance

Go have a look at Essendon or Carlton's membership pages..they have so many catergories of (just Adult) member it makes your head spin. Carlton fr instance call their Social Club the Captains Club..and there are various levels within that. Essendon have a gazillion different categories mixed in with reserved seating. Remember the tears at Collinwood a few years ago when they suddenly announced after Round 22 that unless you have at least X Category of membership you arent entitled to a GF ticket...oh and sorry X Category is sold out

Us? Dead easy. Social Club membership = GF ticket..sorted in June

Oh and a fee for a waiting list is now common practice.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
sainter35
Club Player

Does being a Foundation Social Club member mean anything now?

It says it on our card but does it actually mean anything any more?

If it's capped at 11,500 and we're all entitled to tickets what benefit do we actually have?

I'd ring up the club and ask but they are probably swamped at the moment.

carnasaints55
Club Player

Can you do this if youre an international member?
God it really burns me up that as an international member I can't even get close to the granny. I help the club out as MUCH as possible but I still can't get tickets to the granny if were in it no matter what.

PLEASE tell me that as an international member, one can get on the waiting list for tickets!

roo=god
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

To the above two questions...

1. AFAIK "Foundation" Social Club status is now null and void..and I'm surprised its still printed on the tickets..but...a call to the Club will sort that out.

2. To upgrade to Social Club you need to be a full 11 or 16 game Member...so I would think think you'd need to be this status to get on the waiting list..but agvain a call (or email) to the Club will answer that.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
carnasaints55
Club Player

thanks saints66au

roo=god
saintly
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:To the above two questions...

1. AFAIK "Foundation" Social Club status is now null and void..and I'm surprised its still printed on the tickets..but...a call to the Club will sort that out.

2. To upgrade to Social Club you need to be a full 11 or 16 game Member...so I would think think you'd need to be this status to get on the waiting list..but agvain a call (or email) to the Club will answer that.
regarding point 2. I believe that memeberships closed june 30. so it would now be impossible to upgrade this year.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

saintly wrote:
saint66au wrote:To the above two questions...

regarding point 2. I believe that memeberships closed june 30. so it would now be impossible to upgrade this year.
i think thats right...cut offs closed
doenst matter if ya at the north pole or ten mins from the Dome
get an 11 gamer and social club next year.
because now ya only chance is buying a package for a minimum of around $1100

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Re: Social Club waiting list

kosifantutti23 wrote:It now costs $20 to get on the waiting list for the Social Club. You then get first shot at any extra tickets the club would get for the Grand Final if we are there.

It could be an excellent investment. Better odds than Lotto tonight.

http://www.saints.com.au/season2009/new ... fault.aspx
The Waiting List opened this morning and a $20 fee applies which will be deducted from you 2010 membership should you be accepted next year. You can be added to the Social Club waiting list by calling the Membership hotline on 1300 GO SAINTS (1300 467 246
for those asking where the $20 would end up.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

So what happens next year???

Will the Club intorduce a second tier Social Club (that is basically put on the waiting list in case anyone decides to pull out)

But if the Club make the GF next year they have second pickings on tickets??

Of course those supporters that spend the $20 this year will be considered first, but I am just wondering about next year and if the Club is considering some other alternative to join the Social Club (seconds) and be placed on a waiting list in case members pull out, but have first dip at any future GF tickets...