social club- 500 left

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

social club- 500 left

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Batnoe

I always sign up as soon as membership renewal comes through.

I cannot understand how there is still 500 left with only a few days to go and we are 12-0

Cannot believe that all of these so called 'die hard' saints fans call themselves saints when they dont sign up immediately to be a social member assuming we do make it

However 33% of total members probably isnt bad odds

I cant see that Hawthorn and Geelong or Collingwood would still have any left?

BonoRocks
Club Player

Hi, quick question

I have family membership, 2 adult, 2 kids
The adult tickets are 17 game, reserved seat and social club memberships

My 5 y/o son usually comes with me every week. Thus i dont really use the adult ticket a lot, but pay for it and its good to have when my wife and daughter come anyway (couple of times per year)

Should we make a grand final, i know my son would want to come, but am i best to upgrade the 2 kids tickets to social club, would this get them a guaranteed ticket same as my adult tickets would. Reason i ask im sure should we make it to the grand final would be people wanting to use that adult ticket and id prefer bring my wife and daughter who we have been paying for these tickets for but not using them much for many years anyway.

Thanks !

stinger
Saintsational Legend

upgrade mate or you will be leaving someone at home for the event of this century.... :wink: :lol:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Nattens
Club Player

Batnoe wrote:Cannot believe that all of these so called 'die hard' saints fans call themselves saints when they dont sign up immediately to be a social member assuming we do make it
Because theres plenty of people that don't have the money for it?

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

BonoRocks wrote:Hi, quick question

I have family membership, 2 adult, 2 kids
The adult tickets are 17 game, reserved seat and social club memberships

My 5 y/o son usually comes with me every week. Thus i dont really use the adult ticket a lot, but pay for it and its good to have when my wife and daughter come anyway (couple of times per year)

Should we make a grand final, i know my son would want to come, but am i best to upgrade the 2 kids tickets to social club, would this get them a guaranteed ticket same as my adult tickets would. Reason i ask im sure should we make it to the grand final would be people wanting to use that adult ticket and id prefer bring my wife and daughter who we have been paying for these tickets for but not using them much for many years anyway.

Thanks !
Junior SC Memberships are cheaper and will get a Child GF Ticket.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

$58 for Kids social club..

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
SaintHomer
Club Player

Nattens wrote:
Batnoe wrote:Cannot believe that all of these so called 'die hard' saints fans call themselves saints when they dont sign up immediately to be a social member assuming we do make it
agreed. i love my saints as much as anyone, but i have two mortgages, wife and baby girl at home that take precedence with my finances.

mind you, if we do make it, i'll be forking out then with whatever it takes to get a ticket.

although we are 12-0, we are a long long way from a grand final. i learnt that lesson hard in 05 when a lot of us here got ahead of ourselves going into the prelim against the swannies.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

Nattens wrote:
i'm not joining the social club. can't afford it and the grand final ticket, and if we make the grand final i am more than happy to go to moorabbin, and enjoy the atmosphere there.

and yes i am a die hard supporter and member.
Last edited by saintly on Thu 25 Jun 2009 11:19am, edited 1 time in total.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Make that 499.

Go you Saints!

saintfreddy
Club Player

I am a little confused. I am sure there have been many discussions over the years around having a social club membership in order to receive a grand final ticket.

The last I recall, buying a social club membership only meant that you had an opportunity of getting a grand final ticket if we make it, no absolute guarantee. I kind of recall that there was a priority system of those who held their social club memberships the longest were first in line.

Are the club saying that if you buy a social club membership this year and we make the grand final, you will 100% be guaranteed the right to purchase a grand final ticket if we make it?

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

saintfreddy wrote:I am a little confused. I am sure there have been many discussions over the years around having a social club membership in order to receive a grand final ticket.

The last I recall, buying a social club membership only meant that you had an opportunity of getting a grand final ticket if we make it, no absolute guarantee. I kind of recall that there was a priority system of those who held their social club memberships the longest were first in line.

Are the club saying that if you buy a social club membership this year and we make the grand final, you will 100% be guaranteed the right to purchase a grand final ticket if we make it?
I believe that you are 100% guaranteed of a grand final ticket - that is why the social club membership is capped - to guarantee grand final tickets!

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

saintfreddy wrote:I am a little confused. I am sure there have been many discussions over the years around having a social club membership in order to receive a grand final ticket.

Yes, the Club have capped the Social CLub numbers to the total # of tickets they will be allocated for sales to Members if they are one of the competing Clubs in the Grand Final.

I think the figure this year is 11,500 tickets to be allocated by the AFL and the Saints have capped the Social CLub to 11,500 members.

It will mean that unless some Social Club members do not take up their entitlement, no ordinary member will have access to purchase a Grand Final ticket.
Last year we had more tickets allocated to us than we had Social Club members so there was always going to be some gf tickets available for ordinary members.

PLUGGER14
Club Player

saintfreddy wrote:
Yes

Batnoe

SaintHomer wrote:
Nattens wrote:
agreed. i love my saints as much as anyone, but i have two mortgages, wife and baby girl at home that take precedence with my finances.

mind you, if we do make it, i'll be forking out then with whatever it takes to get a ticket.

although we are 12-0, we are a long long way from a grand final. i learnt that lesson hard in 05 when a lot of us here got ahead of ourselves going into the prelim against the swannies.
No, what i mean is i am amazed at how slowly they sell, even after we are 12-0 and only 11000 sold. I buy it straight away in Novemeber as i want to get a social club and not miss out.

Does that mean if we eventually have 60000 members that u have to buy social club on the first day memberships come out like i do or will people buy them in dribs and drabs on how well we are travelling?

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

SaintHomer wrote: although we are 12-0, we are a long long way from a grand final. i learnt that lesson hard in 05 when a lot of us here got ahead of ourselves going into the prelim against the swannies.
*booked expensive flight from Darwin to Melbourne for Grand Final week soon as we beat Adelaide in the qualifying..... :oops: *

Bring back the Lockett era
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
I think the figure this year is 11,500 tickets to be allocated by the AFL and the Saints have capped the Social CLub to 11,500 members.

It will mean that unless some Social Club members do not take up their entitlement, no ordinary member will have access to purchase a Grand Final ticket.

I don't think that is quite correct as I believe that the competing clubs membership totals affect the final allocation on a pro-rate bases.

However I would assume that the Club knows that they will receive at least 11,500 tickets...

Or rather a bit more as I assume the Club wil usea chunk for Spnosrs, Players, various hangers on....etc.

IF the pro-rat part is still applicable then ordinary members would hope fora GF against the Dogs...rather than against the Hawks....as it would mean more tickets for ordinary members.

bozza1980
Club Player

Batnoe wrote:
SaintHomer wrote:
Nattens wrote:

No, what i mean is i am amazed at how slowly they sell, even after we are 12-0 and only 11000 sold. I buy it straight away in Novemeber as i want to get a social club and not miss out.

Does that mean if we eventually have 60000 members that u have to buy social club on the first day memberships come out like i do or will people buy them in dribs and drabs on how well we are travelling?
I think people will be quicker to buy them after we finally make a Grand Final under this allocation system and only Social Club members are able to purchase tickets..

At the moment I assume a lot of people are of the view that if you don't make a Grand Final, having first right of refusal on a Grand Final ticket isn't all that valuable.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

bozza1980 wrote:
and only Social Club members are able to purchase tickets..
While Sc will get the largest share I would estimate that ther will still be some GF left over for ordinary members. However given that there is say 22,000 Ordinary Members for say 1-5000 tickets the odds will be that mostwill miss out.

loris
Saintsational Legend

jonesy wrote:
SaintHomer wrote: although we are 12-0, we are a long long way from a grand final. i learnt that lesson hard in 05 when a lot of us here got ahead of ourselves going into the prelim against the swannies.
*booked expensive flight from Darwin to Melbourne for Grand Final week soon as we beat Adelaide in the qualifying..... :oops: *
I came home early from the 2005 Ashes tour to be at the Prelim Final that year, anticipating we would march on to the Grannie :cry: :cry: :cry: Gave my cricket tickets to some happy pom...... I didn't mind because they had gone through a pretty tough times with the bombings in London. Oh well, we lost the Ashes Series in any case so I really lost out that year with the Saints & Ricky''s mob. I decided not to have a bet on the Melbourne Cup....didn't think I was any good at picking a winner in 2005 :( :( :( :(

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:

I don't think that is quite correct as I believe that the competing clubs membership totals affect the final allocation on a pro-rate bases.

However I would assume that the Club knows that they will receive at least 11,500 tickets...

Or rather a bit more as I assume the Club wil usea chunk for Spnosrs, Players, various hangers on....etc.

IF the pro-rat part is still applicable then ordinary members would hope fora GF against the Dogs...rather than against the Hawks....as it would mean more tickets for ordinary members.
All CLubs receive an allocation of Series Tickets (about 1500?) that they use for sponsors etc and also sell in corporate packages.
So I think all of any 'GF Allocation' will go to SC members and then ordinary members.

I believe the figure of 11,500 was mentioned in a thread on here somewhere - it ahd been increased to that figure at least, depending on which CLubs were playing.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

My guess is that there will be 22,000 members fighting for less than 1,000 tickets should we make the GF (we currently have 11,000 SC members and they/we get 1st dibs). Remember, the more members the other side has, the less tickets allocated to us as they are issued on a percentage thingo.

But, lets jump that hurdle when we get to it !!

roxanne
Club Player

I've just upgraded my membership - did it over the phone.
Social club membership guarantees you the opportunity to purchase a Grand Final Ticket - if the Saints are participating. So I suppose it is a $125 gamble as the other benefits aren't much- but one I thought was worth taking.
I would go crazy if I missed out on seeing the Saints win the flag.

"He spoke of his stride, his power and his willingness to push himself to exhaustion. All of the things that are on display each weekend in the No 12 jumper" Garry Lyon
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

with social club in the future- those WITH social club this year will be guarenteed their social club- as it is capped.

IF you apply for Social Club AFTER the cap is reached you will go onto a waiting list- first on the list will get first option to upgrade.

MY assumption will be that when the memberships are released in Oct- if you DO not (or are unable to)take up Social Club again then once memberships are finalised those who are on the waiting list will be contacted.

The league have deemed that participating clubs will share 23,000 grandfinal tickets- up from 17,000- the Saints had social club capped at 8,500 last year to ensure that those with SC were guaranteed tickets.

each club used to get 1,500 tickets to use as they wish- many use them for sponsors or as prizes, etc - or offsell to others as fundraising.
this has been reduced to 1,000. per club.

COngratulations to those who have upgraded- every Dollar youu spend on this GOES to the club and last years number was around 6,000- 7,000- the cap was not reached

SO for Sainters to dig deep in these numbers is amazing- GOOD WORK ALL ROUND> that's almost a doubling... and 5,000 X 100

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic I stand corrected..

The system changed last year...allocation is fixed and not based on pro-rate membership totals any more.

So it is 11500...based on last year.

This is on top of the 1000 that every club gets and which goes to Club Officials, Sponsors players etc.

But the Cap of 11500 seems odd as it must be assuming that at least some SC will not take up their allocation.

Reason being is that the Club would normally make some seats available to the Cheer squad.

11500 + cheer squad > 11500.
As social club is being sold asa guanteed benefit dies that mean that CS will miss out if 100% take up there allocation.

I guess some will not for whatever reason....biy once you allow for the CS that would mean that no ordinary members would be likely to geta GF ticket....that is unless a surprising number (to me at least) SC Members do not take up their allocation.

http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au/art ... 0_gfc.html

Grand final clubs will share 23,000 tickets at the MCG
Michael Auciello

August 15th, 2008

GEELONG members will need to share 11,500 grand final tickets between them if the Cats make it to the last Saturday in September.

The AFL yesterday confirmed 23,000 tickets would be allocated between members of the two competing clubs this season.

Have your say on the feedback form below
That is an increase of just under 7 per cent from the 21,558 allowed to Geelong and Port Adelaide members last year.

The Cats this year registered a record membership of 36,850 members, meaning less than a third of Geelong members would be successful in getting a ticket if the Cats make the grand final.

AFL spokesperson Patrick Keane said there would also be a change in the way tickets were divided between the two competing clubs, abolishing allocations based on club membership bases.

"The basis of the allocation has been changed this year from a pro-rata basis of adult membership to a straight 50-50 split between the clubs," Keane said.

"Last year, Geelong had a smaller number of adult members than Port Adelaide, and received fewer tickets than Port Adelaide for the grand final on the pro-rata allocation.

"This year, should the club qualify for the grand final, it would be eligible for a straight allocation of half the tickets for club members.

"Separately, Geelong will also receive its share of the series ticket allocation that goes to each of the 16 clubs (about 1000 each), regardless of whether the club reaches the grand final or not."

Of the 11,500 tickets available to Geelong, about 2600 would automatically be set aside for September members and full social club members, who are guaranteed grand final tickets should the Cats compete, leaving about 8900 tickets for the rest of the club's members.

Chief operating officer Stuart Fox said the club was delighted with the increase.

Fox confirmed the ballot system that was used last year would be used again, although it was possible members might need to register a week earlier this year than they did last season.

Last November, Geelong chief executive Brian Cook wrote to AFL chief Andrew Demetriou expressing his concern about the allocation of tickets to competing clubs.

"Of our 30,200 members, 16,568 registered their barcodes for our club's grand final ballot," he wrote.

"Of these members 8367 were allocated seats, 110 allocated disabled/wheelchair access, 968 standing room and 96 restricted viewing seating - a total of 9541 tickets.

"As a club this is an issue you don't get too concerned about until you are actually competing, however, now that I have been through this experience, it certainly is an issue that needs addressing."