Bret Thornton out

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Jewellzy
Club Player

Bret Thornton out

Sorry if this was posted earlier, but I have it on good authority that Bret Thornton injured his hamstring at training lastnight and will not lineup tomorrow night against the Saints.

The Phoenix Suns and St.Kilda Saints should have at least 5 championships between them since their sudden surge to elite status in 2004.

Actual championships: 0
sax
Club Player

Re: Bret Thornton out

Jewellzy wrote:Sorry if this was posted earlier, but I have it on good authority that Bret Thornton injured his hamstring at training lastnight and will not lineup tomorrow night against the Saints.

WHO CARES??? :roll:

Jewellzy
Club Player

Considering he was probably going to lineup on Riewoldt, I figured this information would be handy to know.

The Phoenix Suns and St.Kilda Saints should have at least 5 championships between them since their sudden surge to elite status in 2004.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

sax wrote:
Jewellzy wrote:Sorry if this was posted earlier, but I have it on good authority that Bret Thornton injured his hamstring at training lastnight and will not lineup tomorrow night against the Saints.

And what's the good news? He can't play. Maybe they will bring in Cloke.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:
sax wrote:

And what's the good news? He can't play. Maybe they will bring in Cloke.
Tanking so soon? Surely not!

Young Georgie
Club Player

Thanks Jewellzy.
Handy to know and handy to have out.
Don't quite get the surly response...perhaps some blase bullshite typical of the Blues creeping in here.

Graceful, elusive, strong overhead and no Easybeat!
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Young Georgie wrote:Thanks Jewellzy.
Don't quite get the surly response...perhaps some blase bullshite typical of the Blues creeping in here.
Check out the signature Goergie. Next Fev will be out, then Gibbs, Judd will head back West and Visy will cancel to association...

Sobraz
SS Life Member

Geez, there'd have to be more Carlton trolls on this site at the moment that actual saints fans... :roll:

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
Young Georgie wrote:Thanks Jewellzy.
Check out the signature Goergie. Next Fev will be out, then Gibbs, Judd will head back West and Visy will cancel to association...
Yep, it does pay to read below the line (sometimes).

Jewellzy
Club Player

Check out the signature?

Why don't you check the previous posts. I've only got seven.

Unbelievable.

Young Georgie
Club Player

Fair enough.

What is unbelievable Jewellzy is the time and effort taken to troll - says heaps about you and what you stand for. Happy the Blues have you as a 'supporter', have fun.

Graceful, elusive, strong overhead and no Easybeat!
Jewellzy
Club Player

This is laughable.

Believe what you want, I could care less.

I only came here to share some news that affects tomorrow night's game.

My signature is more a sign of the disappointment I've suffered as a fan of two franchises that should have some silverware to show for all their hardwork, yet don't have any.

And nice to see you can think for yourself. A couple of people label me as a troll and all of a sudden you're doing backflips like you were in Cirque du Soleil?

How old are you?

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Jewellzy wrote:This is laughable.

My signature is more a sign of the disappointment I've suffered as a fan of two franchises that should have some silverware to show for all their hardwork, yet don't have any.

And nice to see you can think for yourself. A couple of people label me as a troll and all of a sudden you're doing backflips like you were in Cirque du Soleil?

How old are you?
:lol: Awright...break it up you two.

It does look a bit sus' mate...OK, disappointed then. We get trolls dropping in here with 'newsflashes' all the time pre-Scum game, so you can't blame people for being wary/flippant/dismissive, etc.

If you're right, it hasn't made the news yet. Thornton's having a good year, but he hasn't made much of a difference in the past...Blues still have a cruddy backline compared to other top 8 teams.

BelfastSaint
Club Player

The same rumour re Thornton is also being discussed on the Blues board ...
Maybe its just Troll Paranoia ....... :)

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

I think it's an actual positive for the Blues if he misses. Hack of the highest order

Bring back the Lockett era
markp
Saintsational Legend

How old are you?
I dont necessarily think you are, but an OP like that from someone with such a low post count and a sig like yours on the eve of a scum game is a bit like dressing up in a chicken suit on the eve of duck season....

degruch
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:

How old are you?
I dont necessarily think you are, but an OP like that from someone with such a low post count and a sig like yours on the eve of a scum game is a bit like dressing up in a chicken suit on the eve of duck season....
SHE'S A WITCH!!!

saintlee
Club Player

Jewellzy wrote:My signature is more a sign of the disappointment I've suffered as a fan of two franchises that should have some silverware to show for all their hardwork, yet don't have any.
What you don't count those 2 wonderful pre-season cups?? :wink:

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

If that is true it is really bad news for the Saints.

Thornton is a s*** player of the highest order. Anybody down back for the Blues would be better than that pathetic hack.

Damn it hope he isn't out.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Jewellzy
Club Player

markp wrote:
I see now how some people could take it the wrong way, but my signature was made when I signed up in 2007 and I never gave it a second thought.

In any case, no - I don't barrack for the Blues, I am a Saints fan, will always be a Saints fan and I hope we win by 15 goals tomorrow.

And if Thornton really is out along with Waite, then it'll go a long way to turning my hopes into fruition

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Jewellzy wrote:win by 15 goals tomorrow.

And if Thornton really is out along with Waite, then it'll go a long way to turning my hopes into fruition
Agree on Waite - but Thornton is a total hack.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:... a bit like dressing up in a chicken suit on the eve of duck season....
Good one. Let's hope that tomorrow night continues "Wabbit Season" over the Blues.

Darrel Baldock
Club Player

Personally, you lot I think you might be a bit troll happy.But 7 posts is not a lot in two years. Maybe he's a sleeper. Grammar is poor. Fruition is something you come to not turn to. Splitting hairs? At least I'm not finding trolls under the bed. And another out of a poor backline is just newsworthy...only just though. By the way from the number of posts I've put in I could be dressed up in a chicken suit too. Good metaphor...juicy paranoia.

Ian Cooper was too thin
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Darrel Baldock wrote:Personally, you lot I think you might be a bit troll happy.But 7 posts is not a lot in two years. Maybe he's a sleeper. Grammar is poor. Fruition is something you come to not turn to. Splitting hairs? At least I'm not finding trolls under the bed. And another out of a poor backline is just newsworthy...only just though. By the way from the number of posts I've put in I could be dressed up in a chicken suit too. Good metaphor...juicy paranoia.
6 posts...ANOTHER TROLL!!!

Hold on...it could also be the real Doc Baldock...now I'm confused.

Darrel Baldock
Club Player

Yeah I'm a troll of the worst kind. I've been going to Saints matches since 1966 and wearing the colours and barracking for them and all the time deep deep under cover I really barrack for the blues. I even went to Princes Park, stood right next to Manning Clark and Shouted for the Saints. How more Troll-like can you get?

Ian Cooper was too thin