So........McEvoy v Kruezer !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

So........McEvoy v Kruezer !!

It would be a good match up. If I remember correctly, Big Ben towelled Kruezer up in the ruck at the National U18 Championships a couple of years ago. It was only when Vic Metro released Kruezer up forward that he had any impact on that game. If Carlton release him up forward on Friday, he will have Max or Sam Fisher to contend with !!

rexy
SS Life Member

Re: So........McEvoy v Kruezer !!

Eastern wrote:It would be a good match up. If I remember correctly, Big Ben towelled Kruezer up in the ruck at the National U18 Championships a couple of years ago. It was only when Vic Metro released Kruezer up forward that he had any impact on that game. If Carlton release him up forward on Friday, he will have Max or Sam Fisher to contend with !!
Think he would get Dawson if he started forward? Unless Dawson is set with the role on Fev?

Maybe this year?
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

rexy wrote:
Eastern wrote:It would be a good match up. If I remember correctly, Big Ben towelled Kruezer up in the ruck at the National U18 Championships a couple of years ago. It was only when Vic Metro released Kruezer up forward that he had any impact on that game. If Carlton release him up forward on Friday, he will have Max or Sam Fisher to contend with !!
Think he would get Dawson if he started forward? Unless Dawson is set with the role on Fev?
Zac on Fev would be my guess !!

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

To the extent that a player needs special motivation (they shouldn't but sometimes do), I agree that this is the perfect match for Ben. The Carlton number 1 is a bit more mobile but not that much. At the moment he is a better mark than Ben. Down back, I also agree that Zac will pick up the tall, whoever it is.

rexy
SS Life Member

Probably his biggest test to date then. Genuine goal square FF in good form who gets decent delivery from his mids. Will be a real test of where he is at as well as a significant chance to critique our back halfs over all structures. Fev Fisher Betts Ohailphan Houlihan Kruezer a resting mid, they have an interesting combination of size and speed. Looking forward to it.

Maybe this year?
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
rexy wrote:
Zac on Cameron Cloke,
Or is that the job for Blake?

rexy
SS Life Member

Mr Magic wrote:
Eastern wrote:
rexy wrote:
Zac on Cameron Cloke,
Not currently in the side. Hasnt been for at least a coupke of weeks. ??

Maybe this year?
True Blue Sainter
Club Player

rexy wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
Eastern wrote:
rexy wrote:
Zac on Cameron Cloke,
Cameron Cloke being playing ressies. I've been commentating on some of his games, he's been virtually anonymous.

The Saints are coming!
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

True Blue Sainter wrote:
rexy wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
Eastern wrote:
rexy wrote:
Zac on Cameron Cloke,
Cameron Cloke being playing ressies. I've been commentating on some of his games, he's been virtually anonymous.

I heard he kicked 5 last week....not 100% thou

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

McEvoy v Kruezer..

No.1 draft pick v No.9 draft pick in the 2007 National Draft...

A chance to compare the difference between the 2 lads and see why they were drafted in the top 10 and who is up to it and who isn't.....

Season 2024 is where RTB is showing the footy world his grasp of the modern game. :shock:
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:McEvoy v Kruezer..

A chance to compare the difference between the 2 lads and see why they were drafted in the top 10 and who is up to it and who isn't.....
Disagree.

Kreuzer is well ahead of Ben at the moment, as he's had the chance to play a lot more games being in a crap side (relative to us!).

To compare apples with apples, Ben needs to have at least half a dozen games under his belt also.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:

Disagree.

Kreuzer is well ahead of Ben at the moment, as he's had the chance to play a lot more games being in a crap side (relative to us!).

To compare apples with apples, Ben needs to have at least half a dozen games under his belt also.
Ben needs to have a season to compare those apples. Still is a great opportunity to see how much more development Ben needs. I hope Ben acquits himself well and embarasses 'special k'.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:

Disagree.

Ben needs to have a season to compare those apples. Still is a great opportunity to see how much more development Ben needs. I hope Ben acquits himself well and embarasses 'special k'.
I think there is a distinct reason why they were taken as picks 1 and 9..
namely Kreuzer is the better player...I want to see if Ben is narrowing the gap,it's not like he hasn't been playing senior footy since being drafted,albeit at a lesser level..they have both had the same amount of AFL level coaching and development.....

Season 2024 is where RTB is showing the footy world his grasp of the modern game. :shock:
True Blue Sainter
Club Player

Spinner wrote:
True Blue Sainter wrote:
rexy wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
Eastern wrote:
rexy wrote:
Zac on Cameron Cloke,

I heard he kicked 5 last week....not 100% thou
You heard correctly.

I saw him the two weeks prior, and he was absolute rubbish (although the match against Werribee he got taken off as a precaution, but was still not getting near it beforehand). He did kick 5 on Saturday though, but will need to replicate that for at least another 2-3 weeks in a row before he is considered.

So I don't think we'll have to "worry" about facing him on Friday.

The Saints are coming!
Moccha
Saintsational Legend

True Blue Sainter wrote:
rexy wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
Eastern wrote:
rexy wrote:
Zac on Cameron Cloke,
Cameron Cloke is going to be delisted at years end

Another opportunity awaits!
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Kreuzer has a season and half of AFL footy under his belt.

McEvoy, try as he might, won't be anywhere near him nor should he be expected to be.

Gardiner on Kreuzer in ruck, Dawson if/when Kreuzer drifts forward.

vacuous space
SS Life Member

Thinline wrote:McEvoy, try as he might, won't be anywhere near [Kreuzer] nor should he be expected to be.
Head-to-head, I don't see why McEvoy wouldn't be able to compete. He's bigger and stronger, and that's pretty important in the ruck. Kreuzer will probably have a better statline. He gets more TOG than Ben does.

I doubt we'll worry about matching up the rucks. We haven't all year. We seem to rotate our two fairly evenly and match them up against whoever's out there. It's worked pretty well for us so far. I don't think we'll be more worried by Hampson/Kreuzer than we would be by McIntosh/Hale or any of the other combos we've faced already.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
SaintWodonga
Club Player

I think Ben will be too slow for him around the ground. We need a mobile type of ruckman.

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
fingers
Saintsational Legend

Would you consider bringing Gilbert back in for McEvoy and sometimes using Blake to run with Kruezer?

JABBER
Club Player

McEvoy vs Kruzer

I would start Big Ben in the ruck but i dont think gardi would like it he has earned the right to start in the ruck.

trevor barker
saintly
Saintsational Legend

thats not totally fair. kruzer has played 25-30 games McEvoy has played 3 games.

Marcus1232
Club Player

saintly wrote:

thats not totally fair. kruzer has played 25-30 games McEvoy has played 3 games.
+1

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Marcus1232 wrote:
saintly wrote:

+1
+2...way too early to make a call like that. Maccattack may have carved up Special K many moons ago, but one's had 1.5 seasons head start on the other. I'd expect it'll be a good match up, definately in their favour...but Gardiner should push the equation back into our favour.

PS: Pick #1 v #9 2007 isn't a straight comparison either...you're actually talking #1 draft ruck pick v #2 draft ruck pick. As we all know, there are many factors involving a clubs preference to one player over another, not all of them being playing ability...there's rarely anything splitting top #10 draft picks.

mick13
Club Player

SaintWodonga wrote:I think Ben will be too slow for him around the ground. We need a mobile type of ruckman.
Rhys Stanley.

They know he's coming.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

mick13 wrote:
SaintWodonga wrote:I think Ben will be too slow for him around the ground. We need a mobile type of ruckman.
Rhys Stanley.

They know he's coming.
let's not forget goose, who the coach has mentioned as a possibility as a mobile second ruck.

mcevoy and stanley have centimetres on him, but goose is a very strong and mature-bodied player with nearly 100 senior games to his credit.

i'd be surprised to see it, but stranger things have happened.

stanley looks a very exciting prospect and mcevoy will be a player. the only thing against stanley at the moment (apart from lack of experience) is his relatively slight build.