The Salvos

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint1974
Club Player

The Salvos

Every home game this year and last there are collectors out the front of Etihad Stadium collecting for the Salvos,we always give our change or five dollars every game.
These people do a wonderful job within our community an I urge all Saints supporters whether its some change or even a dollar that 20,000 supporters x ten home games =$200,000 for the Salvos to support those not as lucky as us!
Dont just walk past know matter how small amount it helps!

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Yep...I always drop a few sheckels in their tins..I used to enjoy doing it right in front of those pesky "scratchie" ticket sellers..yes they were raising money for us but the Salvo's save lives :-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:Yep...I always drop a few sheckels in their tins..I used to enjoy doing it right in front of those pesky "scratchie" ticket sellers..yes they were raising money for us but the Salvo's save lives :-)
lol - the ticket sellers - Has anyone actually read the prize - If you win you are given the 'chance' to win a car - ie the winner then has to select a key from 25 - only one of which will win the prize. Talk about selling ice to the eskimoes. But I bet they still get their commission. Donate your funds to the Salvos - or to the Saints if you want to make a donation - but do not live under the delusion of winning a car from that raffle.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
Saints43
Club Player

The Salvos provide aid as a means to conversion to Christianity (World Vision are the same.) There are plenty of secular organisations who provide aid only to assist those in need.

http://www.salvationarmy.org.au/SALV/ST ... 61129.html

The Salvation Army has two primary values:

To assist all people in need without regard to nationality, race, belief, sexuality, ability, or judgement of behaviour. Our philosophy is that we can best express our love for God by compassionately reaching out to help people. We follow the Golden Rule - "Do unto others as you would have others do unto you".

To encourage people to spiritual wholeness through the teachings of Jesus.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Re: The Salvos

saint1974 wrote:Every home game this year and last there are collectors out the front of Etihad Stadium collecting for the Salvos,we always give our change or five dollars every game.
These people do a wonderful job within our community an I urge all Saints supporters whether its some change or even a dollar that 20,000 supporters x ten home games =$200,000 for the Salvos to support those not as lucky as us!
Dont just walk past know matter how small amount it helps!
Well said saint1974

GrumpyOne

Saints43 wrote:The Salvos provide aid as a means to conversion to Christianity (World Vision are the same.) There are plenty of secular organisations who provide aid only to assist those in need.

http://www.salvationarmy.org.au/SALV/ST ... 61129.html

The Salvation Army has two primary values:

To assist all people in need without regard to nationality, race, belief, sexuality, ability, or judgement of behaviour. Our philosophy is that we can best express our love for God by compassionately reaching out to help people. We follow the Golden Rule - "Do unto others as you would have others do unto you".

To encourage people to spiritual wholeness through the teachings of Jesus.
Unfortunately there has been times when the assistance is provided with a side serve of judgementalism.