Home Match Hospitality

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BakesFan
SS Life Member

Home Match Hospitality

BF jnr. and myself will be down in Melbourne for the round 9 Saints vs Brions game.
I received the following club email a couple of weeks back regarding match day packages:

Platinum Seating.
'Platinum Seating' combines the best seats in the house with quality match-day hospitality that includes the following:

Premium Level 2 Seating on centre-wing
Buffet-style dining in the Accolade/Limelight Room
Pre-match entertainment, hosted by Saints legend Nathan Burke and media personality Bruce Eva
Interviews with current players and special guests
Access to premium cash-bar facilities
Option of 'behind the glass' seating
Cost: $130 per adult
$30 per child under 15 years old
(prices include GST)
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Being entertained by Burkie and Eva before the match sounds like good value.

Has anyone taken up these offers in the past?
Where the hell is the Accolade/Limelight Room?
How close to the bar will I be? :)
Should I take up the option of 'behind the glass' seating?... knowing that I do get rather vociferous and terribly biased when I attend the footy.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.(Eleanor Roosevelt)
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

as an' experience' level 2 is interesting- especially if you add the diining option with Burkie and Beva

bar is in the room you are in and usualy seats just in front

the rooms are on the city side- as you see when viewing on tv- across the ground

BUT be warned the attendees of those rooms can sometimes be quite quiet- can be ahrd to do the scream and yell in that area.
Ask Saint_Bev.

it's always interesting to view the ground from a differant perspective occassionaly- BUt

for REAL atmosphere- go level 1 or MW - everyone has a differant idea of what is best.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
BakesFan
SS Life Member

Thanks, saintbrat.

I did love the atmosphere of the MW last year for Harv's last home game. However, it's BF jnr's 1st trip to The Dome so I was hoping to do something a little more special.

I guess I won't take the 'behind the glass' seating option then :)
If it all gets too boring and I'm getting 'looks' for being too loud; I'll probably just make my way up to the MW.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.(Eleanor Roosevelt)
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Home Match Hospitality

BakesFan wrote:BF jnr. and myself will be down in Melbourne for the round 9 Saints vs Brions game.
I received the following club email a couple of weeks back regarding match day packages:

Platinum Seating.
'Platinum Seating' combines the best seats in the house with quality match-day hospitality that includes the following:

Buffet-style dining in the Accolade/Limelight Room
Pre-match entertainment, hosted by Saints legend Nathan Burke and media personality Bruce Eva
Interviews with current players and special guests
Access to premium cash-bar facilities
Option of 'behind the glass' seating
Cost: $130 per adult
$30 per child under 15 years old
(prices include GST)
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Being entertained by Burkie and Eva before the match sounds like good value.

Has anyone taken up these offers in the past?
Where the hell is the Accolade/Limelight Room?
How close to the bar will I be? :)
Should I take up the option of 'behind the glass' seating?... knowing that I do get rather vociferous and terribly biased when I attend the footy.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
I am going to the same venue this Sunday. I will give a write up after the day. I have done it before and it isnt great value. Even after paying $130 you still have to pay for your grog. Also the seats were behind the goals which is a terrible position to watch a game. Hopefully they have improved a few things.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

BakesFan wrote:Thanks, saintbrat.

I did love the atmosphere of the MW last year for Harv's last home game. However, it's BF jnr's 1st trip to The Dome so I was hoping to do something a little more special.

I guess I won't take the 'behind the glass' seating option then :)
If it all gets too boring and I'm getting 'looks' for being too loud; I'll probably just make my way up to the MW.
I think you'll find that the seating is actually out in the open (not behind the glass). The room is used for dining and entertainmant but when the game is on there are seats allocated in front of the room.

BakesFan
SS Life Member

Cheers plugger66 & Mr Magic.

Scott from the club has informed me the seats are Level 2 Centre Wing so I'll give it a bash.
I look forward to your report plugger66

BakesFan
SS Life Member

So how was it, plugger66?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

For $130 I wouldnt be doing it. VB were $6.20 each and the food if served in a pub would be $20 max. Our seats were isle 44 which in the forward pocket. If you could get better seats you may think about it. Dempster, Danny Ryan, Nathan Burke and Bruce Eva spoke but by the sounds of the noise in the room not many were listening.

BakesFan
SS Life Member

Thanks, plugger66.

The 'blurb' from the club cleary states the seat are:

I'll be a little cranky if this is not the case.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

PM me BakesFan....your alternative seating arrangements have been taken care of :-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
BakesFan
SS Life Member

Cheers, saint66au.... snoops has given me the run-down.
I'd love to come join you guys after 1/2 time to give BF jnr a taste of The MW...so when you see a Dork wearing an Akubra with a young Ranga in tow, you'll know it's us.

Since '97 (apart from 2006) poor BF jnr has seen us suffer nothing but misery at the hands of The Brions at The 'Gabba.
He deserves a medal for sticking with us, and I can't wait to see his reaction at being part of a real Saints crowd.

snoopygirl
SS Life Member

Glad you'll have the Akubra on. Told the ladies behind my seats to keep an eye out for you.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

snoopygirl wrote:Glad you'll have the Akubra on. Told the ladies behind my seats to keep an eye out for you.
"Keep a lookout for a bloke whose kind of a mixture of Brad Pitt and George Clooney" was what you said I believe Snoops

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
snoopygirl
SS Life Member

Yes, but you obviously didn't hear the rest of the sentence. :wink:

BakesFan
SS Life Member

saint66au wrote:
snoopygirl wrote:Glad you'll have the Akubra on. Told the ladies behind my seats to keep an eye out for you.
"Keep a lookout for a bloke whose kind of a mixture of Brad Pitt and George Clooney" was what you said I believe Snoops
LMAO... get your ears checked, saint66au... Snoops said; "A fat pryck who looks looney"

benengel14
Club Player

I went to the Limelight/Accolade room during the Fremantle match I think.
It's not bad as an extra provided to Level 2 seatholders, but I'm not sure you'll be getting $130 worth.

Food is pretty average, go around to 6 or so serving bowls, and grab the usual salad, carvery, pasta, vegies. No second trips, so pile the plate if you're that way inclined. But again; its pretty ordinary food.

Its a very long room (200m?) and very narrow, which didn't really make the speeches/pre-match entertainment audible. Which I guess is why no one seemed to be listening.
I think it's definitely got potential to be a very nice experience, but at the moment, it's not worth the price-tag.

I think there is a market for sit-down hospitality on a walk-up basis before the game where the club can squeeze some $ out of members, but not in the current form.
Maybe they should take a leaf out of some of the MCC offerings, no need for fine-dining, but have table service, have a small pub menu of sorts and smaller tables to allow families/groups to sit together. Rather than trying to lower costs at every point.
Last edited by benengel14 on Mon 18 May 2009 7:58pm, edited 2 times in total.

snoopygirl
SS Life Member

BakesFan wrote:
saint66au wrote:
LMAO... get your ears checked, saint66au... Snoops said; "A fat pryck who looks looney"
Such disparaging remarks would never cross my lips BF. :shock: Unless it's about an opposition player/supporter etc. :wink:

SaintDebi
Club Player

Why? You're almost psychic when it comes to picking people from SS out in a crowd! Shouldn't think you'd have any problem spotting them. :wink:

BTW BF, BF junior'sgonna love it!

noblejohn
Club Player

benengel14 wrote:
Food is pretty average, go around to 6 or so serving bowls, and grab the usual salad, carvery, pasta, vegies. No second trips, so pile the plate if you're that way inclined. But again; its pretty ordinary food.
The veggies are ok but could be hotter. To call the meat in the carvery "roast lamb" is bit of lie. Over cooked and i'll bet the beast had been running around in a paddock for at least 4 years before it graced our plates.
I've had beef jerky that was less chewy.

The buffet behind the goals is far better value and quality

The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long
benengel14
Club Player

noblejohn wrote:
benengel14 wrote:
The veggies are ok but could be hotter. To call the meat in the carvery "roast lamb" is bit of lie. Over cooked and i'll bet the beast had been running around in a paddock for at least 4 years before it graced our plates.
I've had beef jerky that was less chewy.

The buffet behind the goals is far better value and quality
Haha. Pretty much spot on there. I'd gladly go again if they set it up in pub/cafe style with table service.
As it stands, better off going to the food outlets outside TD, or the DFO complex before the game starts.
Not a bad place to enjoy a drink pre-match (or during the game).

BakesFan
SS Life Member

Thanks for the input everyone.
I realise that as an event it probably doesn't compare with Melbourne's best; but you must remember that I've lived in a cultural backwater for nearly 20 years.

I do love Melbourne with a passion; I just don't want to live there anymore. It's too damn cold in Winter for one thing.
I do however, enjoy my annual visits and look forward to them with the excitement of a 5-year old on Christmas Day.
I revel in a wonderful eclectic fix once and year and then retreat back to the peace and tranquility of my tropical haven.

I'm sure it'll be an overwhelming day for Bf jnr., and that's all that matters to me. My entertainment and joy will come from watching him take it all in.
I imagine he'll be quite overawed by the happenings on The MW.

He's become quite a connoisseur of Paul Kelly's tunes and I have to take him to, "St.Kilda Esplanade; where the beach needs reconstruction, where the Plam trees have it hard" and he want's to go where; "the clock on the silo says 11 degrees"

So for those who catch up with us on Sunday, please bear with us. We'll simply be taking it all in, and storing as many special memories as possible. :D

SaintDebi
Club Player

You do indeed sound like a five year old looking forward to Chrismas! Its great.
For both you and BF junior, have a fantastic time making those memories!

snoopygirl
SS Life Member

BakesFan wrote:
He's become quite a connoisseur of Paul Kelly's tunes and I have to take him to, "St.Kilda Esplanade; where the beach needs reconstruction, where the Plam trees have it hard" and he want's to go where; "the clock on the silo says 11 degrees"
Don't think the clock is working atm though. :(

BakesFan
SS Life Member

snoopygirl wrote:
BakesFan wrote:
Oh well, we'll just have to head; "High on the hill, looking over the bridge, to the MCG"... and the off to Fitzroy Gardens where I first kissed his mother (wasn't really there, but don't spoil it for him, okay?)

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

BakesFan wrote:
snoopygirl wrote:
BakesFan wrote:
Oh well, we'll just have to head; "High on the hill, looking over the bridge, to the MCG"... and the off to Fitzroy Gardens where I first kissed his mother (wasn't really there, but don't spoil it for him, okay?)
Ahh BakesFan, lets "move forward now, Bakes Jnrs 17...with a girl in the back seat, tugging at his jeans"

8-)

PK and the Saints, what a well brought up young fella!!

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor