What a great night congratulations Angels!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint1974
Club Player

What a great night congratulations Angels!

Last night went to On the Couch what a wonderful night,Matthew Hardy was host and interviewer and what a fantastic funny man he is.
Players in attendance were Zac Dawson, Alistair Smith, Blake McGrath(OMG how tall is he) James Gwilt, Paul BOOMBOX Cahill, Sam Mcgarry.

Old timers were Neil Roberts (very funny story teller) Ross Smith(gentleman) Andrew Thompson(father figure of the younger players)And the G TRAIN Fraser Gehrig.
Great night of stories humor family beginings and the inside gossip of the club.

Last night took home Ivy Moyle said to Ivy in my 35 years of following the club we are in a good place the best place on and off the field, she agreed.
Congratulations to the Angels for such a great night, Well done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

snoopygirl
SS Life Member

It was a great night. Love the added touch this year of the players actually sitting at a table. Heaps of prizes donated for raffles & Lenny & Jimmy's framed jumpers were auctioned off. The president of the Angels mentioned that they sponsor 4 players & purchased 16 family memberships for disadvantaged families. They also had the President & CEO from Sandringham there to talk about the alignment between the 2 clubs.

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

How was frase looking/going?

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
saintly
Saintsational Legend

anything else said.

next year i will go. just couldn't get their this year!

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

It was a great night.

Very surprised the Angels managed to talk Fraser into appearing, because it's clear that he is a somewhat shy man and whilst he was up on stage being interviewed by Matt Hardy you could sense he was uncomfortable about the situation. But during the raffle he seemed to relax and enjoyed handing out the prizes.

Special mention for James Gwilt-he has turned up for the past three years and obviously enjoys attending.

Zach Dawson would never have recieved such a positive welcome when he was at Hawthorn, but obviously is fitting in well with the other players and is well regarded by the supporters.

Matt Hardy was good and his repartee with the audience was similar to the style of his shows and Ivy almost became part of his routine.

I look forward to next year and encourage as many of our supporters as possible to attend.

snoopygirl
SS Life Member

I just remembered that the President of the Angels apologised as Aussie Jones was meant to be one of the guests, but his partner had gone into early labour. Good news is that it's a boy!!!!!!!

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

I wish it wasn"t mid week
the Angels have been doing great work for many years
was there a good crowd?

Congrats to Aussie and wife/ partner ?

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107