WHINGERS, BITCHERS & MOANERS HEED

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

WHINGERS, BITCHERS & MOANERS HEED

This is now a different footy club. We now have a massive slice of our expenditure devoted to footy. We have a coach who does not seek to dominate every element of our club, he just seeks success, whether by his own hand or the devotion and contribution of others.

It is no fluke we are we we are. It is the result of meticulous devotion to detail by a man who will succeed on the thrust of his own sporting intellect. We are now truly feared because of how we are managed and the fact that everything RTB does is designed to harness our talent - and we have considerable talent.

So, moan, groan, whinge, bitch and carry on, but, more than anything else, enjoy our prospects 'cos they've never been better.

This is now a side that is functioning together. And, we're going to improve. Be aboard or bugger off to the swamps of the indecisives (apologies to Dante).

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
rexy
SS Life Member

Agree that our prospects are very good, but I'm not sure about the reason we are where we are. We are 3-0 and have played no-one of premiership signifigance.

Go and enjoy the footy mate and get over your over theatrical but well articulated drivel.

GO SAINTS

Maybe this year?
St.Damo's Fire
Club Player

I am loving the way we are playing atm but it is only round 4 of this season and waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too early to judge.

We are a club who has won 1 premiership in 100+ years and have 26 wooden spoons. Members who have watched this club play football for more than 25 years have every right to whinge and moan until we start reeling off premierships and filling the trophy cabinet.

I don't agree with the whinging and moaning...but I think you need to cut some people some slack....esp the ones who had to put up with the 80's!

Let hope we keep it going and 2009 is the start of filling the cabinet! :P

matrix
Saintsational Legend

F*** me its round 3
it could just as easy go down hill from here

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Yep, way too early to tell. We need to sustain our form for an entire season to be a genuine threat. That's the real challenge. We've had a purple patch, now the trick is to sustain it. Every time I hear Lyon or one of the boys speak, they talk about one week at a time - ticking off every week etc.
If they can sustain it we'll be there at the pointy end of the season.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

I don't buy this purple patch thing

we struggled to put away both the swans and crows. We only won because we tackled better and got more hard ball gets.

Yes things clicked last week to an extent but there is huge improvement to be made in this squad.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
JEANLUCPICARD
Club Player

Round 3.