Well if you REALLY want to see bitter and twisted!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plumtire
Club Player

One hears many comments regarding this forum and some people think its a place for ferals to tear strips off each other when we lose a game.
I suggest that anyone who is perverted enough (like me? :wink: ) to want to see/read "bitter and twisted" views on the Saints go no further than Dockerland.com (try the lead "article")

Launcestonsaint
SS Life Member
Location: Watching our games on tele or listening to the radio :(

Damn, I thought this was about Eastern! :oops: :oops: :wink: :wink:

St Kilda's 2 premiership captains are Tassie born. The Doc & Roo.
plumtire
Club Player

:lol: :cry: :cry: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Buy him a frothy one and hes anyones I have heard

casey scorp
Club Player

At least there's a line that'll make you smile:

"They are currently towards the top end of the ladder."

goodie
Club Player

I love that we're the ones who can't hear and don't know the rules when it's the umpires who missed the siren and the Dockers who petitioned to have the result changed after the AFL initially followed the rules

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

I don't get the hate a lot of our supporters have for the dockers?

They just evoke no emotion from me,they are irrelevant, there laughable exsistance is bearly noticed.

It'll be hard to get excited about thrashing them this week apart from the obvious % boost we get

Bring back the Lockett era
casey scorp
Club Player

jonesy wrote:I don't get the hate a lot of our supporters have for the dockers?

They just evoke no emotion from me,they are irrelevant, there laughable exsistance is bearly noticed.

It'll be hard to get excited about thrashing them this week apart from the obvious % boost we get
You're sort of right - you would think that such an irrelevant team wouldn't even be on a St Kilda supporters radar. But they are, because we know that they keep beating us - even though they're irrelevant.

That's why we loath them - because we know that we're better than them, but they keep getting the points.

That failure of a team has actually beaten us more times than we have beaten them.

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

casey scorp wrote:
jonesy wrote:I don't get the hate a lot of our supporters have for the dockers?

That failure of a team has actually beaten us more times than we have beaten them.
They're that irrelevant I didn't even realise this stat ? Surely it's incorrect

The losses that I remember were when they mauled us at Waverley in 95 in one of the worst displays ever by the STKFC. A night at the Waca when Loewe knocked himself out about 8 times. And a couple of times when the umpire gave them 11 frees in front of goal for no reason and the other time the AFL mysteriously changed the rules

*edit*- It's true...11-10 in there favour... how could this be...ah well 11 all as of saturday night

Bring back the Lockett era
casey scorp
Club Player

jonesy wrote: They're that irrelevant I didn't even realise this stat ? Surely it's incorrect
No, its quite correct. We have played them 21 times. We've won 10, and lost 11.

R 20 2008 Subiaco - Won 112 to 69
R 13 2008 Telstra Dome - Won 65 to 57
R20 2007 Telstra Dome - Won 126 to 96
R 9 2007 Subiaco – Lost 55 to 101
R20 2006 Subiaco – Lost 56 to 114
R 5 2006 York Park - Lost 93 to 94 (Siren Gate)
R 21 2005 Subiaco – Lost 75 to 80 (Whispers in the Sky)
R 2 2005 York Park – Won 59 to 58 (came from behind, and didn’t deserve to win; free kick in the dying seconds in our forward line)
R 22 2004 Telstra Dome - Won 112 to 83
R 7 2004 Subiaco - Won 95 to 72
R 8 2003 Subiaco – Lost 82 to 123
R 17 2002 Princes Park – Won 118 to 79
R 2 2002 Subiaco – Lost 73 to 76
R 12 2001 Subiaco - Won 90 to 80
R 13 2000 Subiaco – Lost 56 to 100
R 15 1999 Subiaco – Lost 84 to 107
R 9 1998 WACA – Lost 90 to 105
R 20 1997 WP – Won 77 to 64
R 5 1997 Subiaco – Lost 101 to 107
R 14 1996 Subiaco - Won 100 to 77
R 10 1995 WP – Lost 131 to 60

I have been to almost every one of these games played in Tassie and Victoria. The thing whch characterises them is disinterest on the part of the players. It just seems to be a tedious bore for 2 hours.

I've also sat in the Trevor Barker room watching most of the Subi losses - the funniest of which was when the umpire marked the ball in front of (our by that time) Gavin Mitchell.

The other amazing thing is that the scores are so low.

They have been crap games.

Let's hope we give them an absolute hiding on Saturday to make up for all the rubbish we've had to endure for years.

Quixote
SS Life Member

^^^ Great post.

They need to be smashed and smashed ever so relentlessly.

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
Pwoit
Saintsational Legend

In 21 games we have been in Melbourne 6 times if we had played them 15 times at home we'd have a bout 15-6 record

InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

Oh man... bitter and twisted is right!

Love this one:
But after half time, the Dockers unveiled "Operation Finish Lower than Port"
Regardless of which, it's never about the Dockers being Shockers, but the Saints being Cheats.

Never mind Postman Pav aiming for the sticks... the crowd should yell out "Bullseye!" every time he hits one. That's what you get for a childhood playing darts.

Oh, and by the way, Adelaide was "off-colour" last week, not "red-hot" as some misguided souls thought.

They have no clue. Looking forward to Shockers fans getting a rude awakening on Saturday night.

Saints94
SS Life Member

We just need to focus on Freo and win enough to send a message through the A.F.L, i would think that anywhere between 40-60 points will be great 60-80 excellent 100-120 super effort and putting in a great team effort week in, week out.................. remember we must take one match at a time or one week (same thing) and keep a lid on it even if we do beat Freo by 100 pts.

fingers
Saintsational Legend

I just want to win with the same intensity as the first 3 weeks. That's all.

GrumpyOne

InkerSaint wrote: Never mind Postman Pav aiming for the sticks... the crowd should yell out "Bullseye!" every time he hits one. That's what you get for a childhood playing darts.
Surely that should be:

180!

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

If you're not catching a glimpse of the tongue in the cheek of that particular Docker scribe then you take yourself far too seriously.

Still, I hope we dismantle them with the precision of a surgeon and the ruthlessness of an Rd1/2/3 2009 Saint. Our goal should be for every Saint to beat his opponent. The score will look after itself.

Geez they must be a tough side to follow, Freo...

Imagine a Dockers side without Pavlich. She's a pretty bare old cupboard if he's gone...

Imagine how deflating it would be to have a seven foot ruckman who can't win a clean ruck contest...

Imagine how frustrating it would be to have a rising star in Rhys Palmer who can't hit the side of a barn from two feet away...

Imagine owning a purple scarf...

Imagine having Mark Harvey as your coach...

I've tossed a hundred on 'em for the spoon. All the money's on the Demons. I reckon the Demon's have a little bit of spark that will net them a game or two. Freo have no enthusiasm, no structure, no players, no plan and they have no alternative other than to lose and rebuild.

Still, don't drop the ball Sainters. Treat 'em with the respect you'd pay a premier...

Saints94
SS Life Member

Thinline wrote:If you're not catching a glimpse of the tongue in the cheek of that particular Docker scribe then you take yourself far too seriously.

Still, I hope we dismantle them with the precision of a surgeon and the ruthlessness of an Rd1/2/3 2009 Saint. Our goal should be for every Saint to beat his opponent. The score will look after itself.

Geez they must be a tough side to follow, Freo...

Imagine a Dockers side without Pavlich. She's a pretty bare old cupboard if he's gone...

Imagine how deflating it would be to have a seven foot ruckman who can't win a clean ruck contest...

Imagine how frustrating it would be to have a rising star in Rhys Palmer who can't hit the side of a barn from two feet away...

Imagine owning a purple scarf...

Imagine having Mark Harvey as your coach...

I've tossed a hundred on 'em for the spoon. All the money's on the Demons. I reckon the Demon's have a little bit of spark that will net them a game or two. Freo have no enthusiasm, no structure, no players, no plan and they have no alternative other than to lose and rebuild.

Still, don't drop the ball Sainters. Treat 'em with the respect you'd pay a premier...
Great post mate, i will just say this " Never under estimate winless teams" they can do the impossible............ just have respect for them Saints thats all i ask and i am hoping we do that and come away with the four points.
Last edited by Saints94 on Thu 16 Apr 2009 11:16am, edited 1 time in total.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

:lol: Spot-on! thinline..pay 'em enough respect on the paddock to get the result. Must admit I have a distinct aversion to the Dockers. I went to see them play Geelong a year or two back in the NAB cup semi-final. They were all over the cats and won 3/4 but in the final stanza Geelong came at them and their bottle went, no stomach for the scrap.
Now that has NOTHING to do with travel, home advantage etc just no spirit!!!! and it schits the Jiggster no end to see how their followers dump on us. I SO enjoyed it at the Social club last year when we Ka-Powed 'em over on their own dung heap!
BUT as I say, need to treat 'em as we would any opponent when it matters!
GO SAINTERS!!!!!!!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Winmar7Fan
Club Player

That's the most unprofessional B grade Article I've ever read. Did a 16 year old write that? Blowing wind up themselves for stages of the game when they lost and labeling us as cheats and blaming poor umpiring from games in the past?

It's just making them look like bigger second rate fools than they already are and lowers their credibility even more if that's possible.

If someone wrote an article like that for us I'd be embarrassed.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Winmar7Fan wrote:That's the most unprofessional B grade Article I've ever read. Did a 16 year old write that? Blowing wind up themselves for stages of the game when they lost and labeling us as cheats and blaming poor umpiring from games in the past?

It's just making them look like bigger second rate fools than they already are and lowers their credibility even more if that's possible.

yep, it's horrible. but i guess it is a fansite so they've got something of a responsibility to be partisan.

Saints94
SS Life Member

Winmar7Fan wrote:That's the most unprofessional B grade Article I've ever read. Did a 16 year old write that? Blowing wind up themselves for stages of the game when they lost and labeling us as cheats and blaming poor umpiring from games in the past?

Are you talking about me?

InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

Thinline wrote:If you're not catching a glimpse of the tongue in the cheek of that particular Docker scribe then you take yourself far too seriously.
Certainly some tongue-in-cheek there... some vitriol too.

He has a point - Fremantle have shown some signs of danger in all of their games this year, only to fall away (choke is such a nasty word) at the end.

But honestly... to bring up 2005 and 2006... as if they have any hope of showing that sort of competitiveness without stars like Jeff Farmer and Peter Bell still around. Rabbits and hats and magic wands come to mind.

yipper
SS Life Member

Thinline wrote: I've tossed a hundred on 'em for the spoon. All the money's on the Demons. I reckon the Demon's have a little bit of spark that will net them a game or two. Freo have no enthusiasm, no structure, no players, no plan and they have no alternative other than to lose and rebuild.

The Dees have backbone, spirit and always give it a go. Big difference to the shockers. Still the Saints must come out and play maximum pressure footy. This is the AFL comp - all teams can get up on any given day.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
fingers
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:Imagine having Mark Harvey as your coach...
He just doesn't seem to enjoy football. He always has this sour look on his face. Speaks to journos like he's giving a eulogy. And FFS get out and get some sun. It's an outdoor sport and he is the colour of death.

Saints94
SS Life Member

yipper wrote:
Thinline wrote: I've tossed a hundred on 'em for the spoon. All the money's on the Demons. I reckon the Demon's have a little bit of spark that will net them a game or two. Freo have no enthusiasm, no structure, no players, no plan and they have no alternative other than to lose and rebuild.

The Dees have backbone, spirit and always give it a go. Big difference to the shockers. Still the Saints must come out and play maximum pressure footy. This is the AFL comp - all teams can get up on any given day.
Exactly thats why we need to show respect to winless teams if we do that we are certain to take the four points on gameday.