Frees

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Duggie1
Club Player

Frees

Could someone pls give the respective total frees awarded on Sat. night?
I got the impression we did pretty well.
However the basis for many given to both sides is another story. :lol:

Always a Saint
Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

After watching the replay, it's the best ride we've had a about 112 years! Keep it up you white maggots!

Saints43
Club Player

Animal Enclosure wrote:After watching the replay, it's the best ride we've had a about 112 years! Keep it up you white maggots!
I commented on the night that we seemed to be having a good run. Seemed to be on the right end of a few 50-50 decisions.

Does anyone speak to the umpires at half time because Joey was held in an indian death lock for the first half. And then received a few free kicks in quick succession in the third. Seemed strange that Shaw having his back to play was only against the rules in the second half.

yipper
SS Life Member

Saints43 wrote:
Animal Enclosure wrote:After watching the replay, it's the best ride we've had a about 112 years! Keep it up you white maggots!
I commented on the night that we seemed to be having a good run. Seemed to be on the right end of a few 50-50 decisions.

Does anyone speak to the umpires at half time because Joey was held in an indian death lock for the first half. And then received a few free kicks in quick succession in the third. Seemed strange that Shaw having his back to play was only against the rules in the second half.
Yeah, good observation. The Shaw tactics were a disgrace and were pinged in the 2nd half only. I was certainly curious as to how many times play on was called after some pretty strong forward momentum tackles were laid. i.e. push in the back types!!

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
bigmicka
Club Player

I was ready to kill the umps at quarter time, but like what has been posted here, it seemed the umpires came out with both eyes open in the second half.

mic

No one ever built a statue for a critic.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

24 to 16.....or thereabouts

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
bubblegoose
Club Player

yellow maggots

There was one towards the start. Milney got wrapped up as soon as he took possession & driven into the ground and was paid for holding the ball.

Other than that we did pretty well ... shhhhhhhh

* Conditions apply
Duggie1
Club Player

stinger wrote:24 to 16.....or thereabouts
Thanks Stinger-- you are the only one to answer my question so far.
:lol:

Always a Saint
Saints43
Club Player

Duggie1 wrote:
You have the access to the internet yet can't find out how many free kicks were paid to each team?

Do you live in or on a Labrador?

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

we got a good run for sure - 5 goals direct from frees that to me some looked soft (Gardiners goal?, the kickig the ball at the fence goal etc) - Im not whingeing (gotta take them when you get em) BUT......we will NOT get that run at AAMI this weekend that you can bet on.

“Yeah….nah””
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

was certainly curious as to how many times play on was called after some pretty strong forward momentum tackles were laid. i.e. push in the back types!!
Actually Im not that fussed if they let a few of those go. The instances of players diving forward the second they are touched to try and milk a pushing free are reaching epidemic proportions. A few "play on" calls when they happen might just stop players doing it

Yeah we prolly get the good end of the stick umpire-wise. There were plenty of bronx cheers from the Swans fans in the 2nd half when they got free

So..I guess 24-16 is about par for some to admit the umps were OK lol? Anything more even than that and they go back to being maggots again?? 8-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

Teflon wrote:we got a good run for sure - 5 goals direct from frees that to me some looked soft (Gardiners goal?, the kickig the ball at the fence goal etc) - Im not whingeing (gotta take them when you get em) BUT......we will NOT get that run at AAMI this weekend that you can bet on.
The Gardiner free was definitely there. Both hands in the back. The umpire had no choice. Now that I think about it, both Gardiner's goals were from frees. The second one, LRT had a handful of jumper.

The Dal Santo free looked soft but Channel 10 could have done a better job with the replay.

The Kosi free was also there. Lots of contact to the head, neck, shoulders.

It wasn't all one way either.

Jack's goal in the first quarter led directly from a throw through the legs by Shaw?.

Mattner's goal in the last came from a throw by Jack.

Also in the first quarter Gram or Milne was pushed right in the middle of the back as they kicked from around 50m.

And if you want to be real picky, under the new law, when Goodes kicked the goal in the first quarter Geary was still being retarded by Hall thus stopping him from getting to the next contest. Should have been a free and 50m to Geary. :)

Loyal
Club Player

symptomatic of the way that sydney play.
a good player will always beat an outside presence. look at GAJ.
GAJ will always beat Goodes because Goodes plays outside and GAJ plays tough/hard up-and-in.

Duggie1
Club Player

Saints43 wrote:
Duggie1 wrote:
You have the access to the internet yet can't find out how many free kicks were paid to each team?

Another sniper in our midst who contributes nothing of value. :lol:

Always a Saint
Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Saints43 wrote:
Duggie1 wrote:

Geez thats a bit harsh with the amount of things that get repeated on here. Not everyone is a know it all.............

Qld Saints Supporter Group
Saints43
Club Player

Saint Bev wrote:Geez thats a bit harsh with the amount of things that get repeated on here. Not everyone is a know it all.............
Is it? Someone asks how many frees we got AND "I got the impression we did pretty well. However the basis for many given to both sides is another story."

A few people go to the trouble to give their impressions of the umpiring and get a backhand for not answering the first question.

Surely that's the most important thing given that the number of frees given to each team is pretty easy to find out.

Obviously those of us who replied to Duggie1's opening post shouldn't have bothered. We'll know better next time. Another step in our quest to knowing it all.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:
was certainly curious as to how many times play on was called after some pretty strong forward momentum tackles were laid. i.e. push in the back types!!
Actually Im not that fussed if they let a few of those go. The instances of players diving forward the second they are touched to try and milk a pushing free are reaching epidemic proportions. A few "play on" calls when they happen might just stop players doing it

Yeah we prolly get the good end of the stick umpire-wise. There were plenty of bronx cheers from the Swans fans in the 2nd half when they got free

So..I guess 24-16 is about par for some to admit the umps were OK lol? Anything more even than that and they go back to being maggots again?? 8-)

haven't heard me complaining about them have you???? :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.