Are we St Kilda or are we Frankston?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Are we St Kilda or are we Frankston?

St Kilda is having it's family day in Frankston at Frankston Park oval.

Melbourne is having it's family day at Luna Park in St Kilda.

Even Hawthorn who now train at Waverley had their family day at Glenferrie Oval in Hawthorn.

The name St Kilda now seems to stand for nothing with the current board further distancing itself from it's origins.

Fitzroy started on a path of not really having a home, moving from one place to the next, losing it's identity and now St Kilda are going down the same path.

What would make this club a powerhouse is to embrace the suburb from which it originated and why this club is actually called the ST KILDA football club!

We are not Frankston, we are not Seaford!

The previous board made sure we had a presence in St Kilda at the St Kilda festival and even had a family day at Luna Park, the current board seem to be turning us into the Frankston football club and all at the call of Archie Fraser who is not even at our club anymore!

The club is being sold down the river and the decision to relocate to the back blocks of Seaford and have family days at Frankston is an absolute disgrace!

BLASPHEMY!

You should all be ashamed!

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
GeorgeYoung27
Club Player

Are we Moorabbin or are we Waverley?

or are we Docklands?

Are they Hawthorn or are they Carlton, Waverley or Launceston?

Are they Collingwood or are they Richmond or East Melbourne?

Is this the VFL or is it the AFL?

Are they North Melbourne are they Kangaroos, Canberra, Gold Coast, Carlton, East Melbourne, Docklands, Sydney or ....?

Like sands through the hour glass these are the days of our lives.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Still waiting for those genuine options in the St.Kilda area that you were going to come up with Barks.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:Still waiting for those genuine options in the St.Kilda area that you were going to come up with Barks.
I've named many options before!

You seriously can't convince me that there is no vacant lot between Port Melbourne and Sandringham where the club could negotiate with a local council and establish itself!

Even Dendy Park in Brighton would be a better option, one I have not previously mentioned!

At the AGM, Archie Fraser invited me to his office in front of the members who attended and PROMISED to show me documentary evidence to verify his claims that SERIOUS investigation of all those options was entertained.

Surprisingly or NOT, Archie Fraser has not yet replied to my email!

Normally his replies are fielded within a few days, perhaps he is extra busy, I will be interested to see if he makes good on his PROMISE!

Archie also promised me ( "I promise you" PROMISE was his word not mine ) that the members would have a say in the next clash jumper design and the fact is, that never happened!

A family day should be held in St Kilda, a central location that is not only in the suburb that bears the name of this football club, but one that is fair for all members in terms of distance to travel.

Melbourne football club are having their family day at Luna Park in St KILDA :roll:

dalboy
Club Player

We are St.Kilda!

Happiness is a warm pie!
GrumpyOne

dalboy wrote:We are St.Kilda!
No we are not.

We are St Kilda. :x

saintlee
Club Player

Re: Are we St Kilda or are we Frankston?

barks4eva wrote:St Kilda is having it's family day in Frankston at Frankston Park oval.

Even Hawthorn who now train at Waverley had their family day at Glenferrie Oval in Hawthorn.

The name St Kilda now seems to stand for nothing with the current board further distancing itself from it's origins.

Fitzroy started on a path of not really having a home, moving from one place to the next, losing it's identity and now St Kilda are going down the same path.

What would make this club a powerhouse is to embrace the suburb from which it originated and why this club is actually called the ST KILDA football club!

The previous board made sure we had a presence in St Kilda at the St Kilda festival and even had a family day at Luna Park, the current board seem to be turning us into the Frankston football club and all at the call of Archie Fraser who is not even at our club anymore!

The club is being sold down the river and the decision to relocate to the back blocks of Seaford and have family days at Frankston is an absolute disgrace!

BLASPHEMY!

Why do I feel like I've read this rant before.... :roll:

Go Sainters Go
Club Player

Barks4Eva, it is an absolute insult to the Barker family you using their name with the outlandish garbage that you come out with.
Change your name for the sake of the Barker family please without delay and further garbage.

Once a "Saint" always a trueblooded "Saint"
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:St Kilda is having it's family day in Frankston at Frankston Park oval.

BLASPHEMY!

Just a couple of questions. Firstly are you B4E or someone who escaped from some institution and secondly wasnt last years family day at frankston and who was in charge then. Finally the previous board never had a family day at Luna Park but it may make your arguement sound better to tell untruths. talking about Luna Park that sounds like a place you should be at but the last name is Bin.
Last edited by plugger66 on Thu 12 Mar 2009 3:18pm, edited 1 time in total.

HarveysDeciple

Good luck getting a park if the family day was anywhere near St.Kilda...

as a former resident nothing but permit zones and restricted areas...

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
st.byron wrote:Still waiting for those genuine options in the St.Kilda area that you were going to come up with Barks.

You seriously can't convince me that there is no vacant lot between Port Melbourne and Sandringham where the club could negotiate with a local council and establish itself!

Even Dendy Park in Brighton would be a better option, one I have not previously mentioned!

:
Dendy Park in Brighton - that's one - not necessarily a viable one but at least you've named one. You say you've named many before. Apart from Elsternwick Park and the Junction Oval - those others would be?
And ...... just naming an existing sports ground - you can list every one in the City of Port Phillip if you like - that doesn't answer my question Barks.
The question is - How many genuinely VIABLE options do you know of in the St.Kilda area?

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:
barks4eva wrote:

:
Dendy Park in Brighton - that's one - not necessarily a viable one but at least you've named one. You say you've named many before. Apart from Elsternwick Park and the Junction Oval - those others would be?
And ...... just naming an existing sports ground - you can list every one in the City of Port Phillip if you like - that doesn't answer my question Barks.
The question is - How many genuinely VIABLE options do you know of in the St.Kilda area?
Unless it's changed dramatically in the last few years, Dendy Park is not available.
I used to hire it for Junior Footy training and it was so tied up with soccer clubs that we had to give it away as a venue because we could never get it when we wanted/neede it.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

I vote that we should celebrate the lasting legacy of Archie's push down the peninsula and move the family day down further from Frankston....to Arthur's Seat.

For the day, we can rename it Archie's Seat.

The chairlift is safe down there isn't it? :roll:

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

I sort of expect this response from those that just blindly follow and believe everything they are told.

I have contacted Archie, congratulated him on his new appointment, thanked him for his offer and as yet he has NOT responded to my polite enquiry as to what would be a convenient time to view these so called "confidential" documents that apparently back up his claims that he on behalf of the
St Kilda football club fully investigated all areas from Port Melbourne to Sandringham, before he actually departs from the club!

Without wanting to sound alarmist I have a potentially life threatening situation that requires further diagnosis, it is suspected by doctors that I have some internal bleeding in my head, going back to hospital again.........

Although I feel in my heart that I will be ok, it is possible that I could die at any moment with this condition, therefore if in the event that this did happen,

I would like another member to follow up on this to see if in fact these claims by Archie Fraser can be substantiated with supporting evidence!

Perhaps Joffaboy, Mr Magic, Casey Scorp or anyone else who has a good head for business and are not one of the flock who believe everything they are fed, could take Archie up on his promise, before he leaves for his next appointment!

Cheers

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

If that is a serious comment, B4E, about your health, then I wish you all the best.

Surely that shows there are more important things then to worry about than a family day at Frankston?

And about Archie's offer, I would suggest it was made in jest just to shut you up at the AGM.

I think the real question here should be....would you turn up to his correct office or his old office?? Ala the ruck stats, coaching box scandal of 2006!! :lol:

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:I sort of expect this response from those that just blindly follow and believe everything they are told.

I have contacted Archie, congratulated him on his new appointment, thanked him for his offer and as yet he has NOT responded to my polite enquiry as to what would be a convenient time to view these so called "confidential" documents that apparently back up his claims that he on behalf of the
St Kilda football club fully investigated all areas from Port Melbourne to Sandringham, before he actually departs from the club!

Without wanting to sound alarmist I have a potentially life threatening situation that requires further diagnosis, it is suspected by doctors that I have some internal bleeding in my head, going back to hospital again.........

Although I feel in my heart that I will be ok, it is possible that I could die at any moment with this condition, therefore if in the event that this did happen,

I would like another member to follow up on this to see if in fact these claims by Archie Fraser can be substantiated with supporting evidence!

Perhaps Joffaboy, Mr Magic, Casey Scorp or anyone else who has a good head for business and are not one of the flock who believe everything they are fed, could take Archie up on his promise, before he leaves for his next appointment!

Cheers
How about explaining why the previous committee had the last family day at Frankston or is that to hard to explain and whilst you are at it please give us the date the last committee had a family day at Luna Park. Looking forward to your response or will you ignore me because the answers will not help your arguement.

kaos theory
Club Player

Complete GARBAGE!

Honestly B4E, why are you continuing with your propaganda and lies? Are you mentally deranged?

FFS - there were only two VIABLE options for the club. Go it? TWO!

That is: Cranborne or Seaford/Frankston.

For the 100th time: We are NOT a big company with huge cash reserves to splash around on lobbyists, lawyers, councilors, government officials, etc, to push through a more trendy inner city option, just to suit you.

The previous admin wasted 100s of thousands of dollars on trying to get Moorabbin council to agree, and it failed.

Those that live in the real world, as opposed to the fantasy land you inhabit, understand that big projects are COMPLEX and messy endeavours. There are MANY competing interests to deal with, and it takes up a LOT of time & money to plan and execute.

We need a high-class facility ASAP, and you keep prattling about a dream world where the saints train in some high-class facility the club builds the heart of st.kilda.

Amazing....

stinger
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:I sort of expect this response from those that just blindly follow and believe everything they are told.

Cheers

sorry to hear that mate.........so.... i think you have more important things to worry about than that git archie keeping a promise to you that he never probably intended to keep in the first place........

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Cheers
How about explaining why the previous committee had the last family day at Frankston or is that to hard to explain and whilst you are at it please give us the date the last committee had a family day at Luna Park. Looking forward to your response or will you ignore me because the answers will not help your arguement.

i remember a family day at luna park.......it was the year north beat us in the grannie of the pre season cup.......i also remember chatting to the coach......stan....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Cheers

i remember a family day at luna park.......it was the year north beat us in the grannie of the pre season cup.......i also remember chatting to the coach......stan....
There was 2 in a row at Luna park and have some great pictures of my then 3 month old girl with all the players but that was 13 years ago. B4E said the previous Committee had some there which is plainly not true.

goodie
Club Player

barks4eva wrote:
Dendy Park would be a terrible option, the small road in would not tolerate the traffic and parking would be a nightmare for starters

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Just a couple of questions. Firstly are you B4E or someone who escaped from some institution and secondly wasnt last years family day at frankston and who was in charge then. Finally the previous board never had a family day at Luna Park but it may make your arguement sound better to tell untruths. talking about Luna Park that sounds like a place you should be at but the last name is Bin.
plugger66 wrote:
1. Last year's family day was organized by the current board.

2. There was a family day at Luna Park under the previous administration.

edit, I remember a family day at Luna park, perhaps it was before the previous administration, but i thought it was more recent than that!

anyway that's where Melbourne are having their family day, in St Kilda!
Last edited by barks4eva on Thu 12 Mar 2009 4:01pm, edited 1 time in total.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

goodie wrote:
barks4eva wrote:
Dendy Park would be a terrible option, the small road in would not tolerate the traffic and parking would be a nightmare for starters
Yeah you're probably right, but it would not be high up on my list of priorities anyway!

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: Looking forward to your response or will you ignore me because the answers will not help your arguement.
GOLD.

You accuse me of wanting shirtfronts and hits behind play - but when challenged to quote me you dont.

Oh becuae mabye that wouldn't suit your argument.

You incredible hypocrite :roll: :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote: Looking forward to your response or will you ignore me because the answers will not help your arguement.
GOLD.

You accuse me of wanting shirtfronts and hits behind play - but when challenged to quote me you dont.

Oh becuae mabye that wouldn't suit your argument.

You incredible hypocrite :roll: :roll:
Howde let B4E answer and you go back to the hating footy thread.