720 Memberships ....... !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

720 Memberships ....... !!

Going by the counter on Saints Central, we signed up 720 members TODAY. We don't need too many more days like that before we have some serious numbers !!

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Re: 720 Memberships ....... !!

Eastern wrote:Going by the counter on Saints Central, we signed up 720 members TODAY. We don't need too many more days like that before we have some serious numbers !!
Great news :D

I just wish the saints site updates it more often so that my sig is current :(

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Darren
Club Player

Includes me as a first year member. :D

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

Will be a member in the next few days

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
Eastern wrote:Going by the counter on Saints Central, we signed up 720 members TODAY. We don't need too many more days like that before we have some serious numbers !!
Great news :D

I just wish the saints site updates it more often so that my sig is current :(
I tried to find the url to link St Fid- to aid your counter in updating automatically But it seems to be just a picture link.
I know last years was just set up every few days- so wasn't automatic. took a bit of time-

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

We need that EVERYDAY to get some serious numbers

IF we assume we have 8335 members today, 720 per day til 21/12 = 16,975

At the same time last year (21/12) we had 18,000 (WoM stats)

We really need 1000/day MINIMUM from now til Christmas to even consider to be a chance for some sort of increase. Last year it all looked rosy til the end of the NAB Cup(which we won!)..at which point new Memberships virtually stopped

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

There will be a HUGE spike next Tuesday & Wednesday. That is when all the rollover memberships kick in (I think) !!

Ice Wolf
Club Player

Eastern wrote:There will be a HUGE spike next Tuesday & Wednesday. That is when all the rollover memberships kick in (I think) !!
Yeah payments meant to come out monday I think.

The Saintsational Man
Club Player

Darren wrote:Includes me as a first year member. :D
You missed the bandwagon.....

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:
We need that EVERYDAY to get some serious numbers

IF we assume we have 8335 members today, 720 per day til 21/12 = 16,975

We really need 1000/day MINIMUM from now til Christmas to even consider to be a chance for some sort of increase. Last year it all looked rosy til the end of the NAB Cup(which we won!)..at which point new Memberships virtually stopped
I know of a few that will NOT renew their membership.....

I have had discussions with Archie via email on the issue....

His standard corporate speak just sh1ts me to be honest....

I did question him on this "selected email" to some members on preferences to days and times that suit members, and his response was basically "that's what's done, is to take a grab of the general members"...
and it is the "general practice" to take a "grab" in marketing....

Archie, you are not marketing cattle and the market you have is unique, how about a simple email to the members and past members on their thoughts instead of "taking a grab" FFS

I suggested that a simple poll to all members would have canvased just what the St Kilda membership what and just what other needs arise with their family during the football season....

I got no reply...

Surely 10 Sunday games is not what the existing membership wants and not encouraging other members to join up.....

The Club needs to be accountable to its members IMO and this farce of a survey that was sent to a selected few is a joke....

Just how many supporters have kids that play football on a Sunday???

Just how many supporters assist with coaching or admin on kids football on Sundays??

Archie, you didn't respond with my last email and your previous email was full of CORPORATE CRAP...

Wake up Archie and have the decency to respond to every member and not do the standard corporate response, your failure to do so will result in more member not satisfied with the Saints Fixture...

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Another thought is this...

I would like to see the recently sacked CEO Paul McNamee as our CEO ahead of Archie Fraser...

McNamee IMO has far better credentials than Fraser and Fraser acceptance of our draw that has 10 Sundays games is pathetic IMO

His failure of a simple email to ALL MEMBERS on their preference is another example of his lack of regard to the membership he represents...

I have not and will not join this Saints Central, as I believe it's modified and well then what's the point of it all???

You get the standard speak from a corporate level and never really get anything of value IMO....

IMO Fraser has done the wrong thing with 10 Sunday matches and his failure to conduct a simple poll to ALL members is just farcical ...

To me the Club still has NO knowledge of what it members prefer and just what does that say to Fraser???

NO FARKING IDEA!

Stop at this corporate crap and consult each member or F*** off IMO

saintly
Saintsational Legend

i haven't joined saints central either. Though someone is using a similar nickname to mine from on here! oh well! maybe i should have joined just so that nick name could not have been used.

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

I'm still waiting for my membership renewal pack.
Starting to concern me as to the dealine for the renewal of my seat ticket.
Will have to ring, yet again, and this time I will volunteer to drive by Linton Street and pick it up, or find out where the mailing house lives and sort through the unmailed bags.

As I say every year this happens.......

sainter35
Club Player

St Fidelius,

You surely don't think we actually asked for the Sunday games do you?

It's not just an inconvenience for our supporters and it will affect our attendances but also to the sponsors who will miss out on the valuable air time that the more lucrative time slots provide.

All the club can do is put in their preferences and then our fate is in the hands of the AFL.

In fact I believe the AFL generally start working on the roster during season, based on what ladder position we are at in round 15. At that stage we were struggling.

We can't blame Archie on this one.

bozza1980
Club Player

So they are didn't complete a survey of all 30,000 members, so what.

That is a major exercise and I can understand why they would have grabbed a sample instead.

As it is, even if they had of asked every member their preferences for game times we would still have the same draw that we have now. The club is at the mercy of the AFL and the AFL has decided to give us a royal shafting this year.

St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

You'll never please everyone with the draw and game times. Folks' preferences are different. As an example, Saturday night and Sunday afternoon/evening games suit me far more than Friday night/Saturday afternoon. So this year is better for me than the last few. No doubt next year will be different again.

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

just sent my Reserve seat membership away.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Near enough to another 600 today. Chyt, we are slowing down already :roll: :evil: :twisted:

Lets hope that there are 1,000's who are on the "Rollover" thingy. That will give us a decent spike early next week :lol: :roll: :lol: !!

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

im in for another year :lol: ... but i was never in doubt

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:Near enough to another 600 today. Chyt, we are slowing down already :roll: :evil: :twisted:

Lets hope that there are 1,000's who are on the "Rollover" thingy. That will give us a decent spike early next week :lol: :roll: :lol: !!
Yeah, I'm on that "rollover thingy" and I would gather a few are on that payment system.

The numbers should increase a fair bit once they are included.

I still feel that the membership will drop a bit from last year though...

Just a feeling....

redwhite&blackblood
SS Hall of Fame

My family are all on the rollover thing. has anyone got the Banger DVD? We haven't got our yet and we are wondering if they have been sent yet?

Bleeding Red, Black and White for 38 years!
Life Motto - Fortius Quo Fidelius
Raph "Cult Hero" Clarke Fan Club.
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:

Surely 10 Sunday games is not what the existing membership wants and not encouraging other members to join up.....

>>>>>>>>>>>.
Just how many supporters have kids that play football on a Sunday???

Just how many supporters assist with coaching or admin on kids football on Sundays??

Fid I beleive that the number of Sunday games we ended up with is FAR far better than what we were originally offered :? :? :? :?

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:Near enough to another 600 today. Chyt, we are slowing down already :roll: :evil: :twisted:

Let's keep all fingers and toes crossed we crack 30,000 members next year :oops: :roll:

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
marksnsparks
Club Player

saint66au wrote:
Eastern wrote:
I'd dispute that figure...sure it was less...bit of bulchyt

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

I filled out that member survey.....

The way it's turned out doesn't really resemble my answers overall...

I think our game style has seen us moved away from Prime Time matches,Sunday is the footy graveyard.....

You can't have crap like that on show in lounge rooms across the country..

If we play a better brand of footy in 09 and have a successful season then we'll get better match times in 2010......

Six debutants for the Saints so far in Season 2024. :D