WHY ARE POST HEADINGS BEING CHANGED???

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The Linton Street Flash
Club Player

WHY ARE POST HEADINGS BEING CHANGED???

How ridiculous that the headings of posts can get watered down by mopderators - can somepne explain why??

Look again it's the Flash!!
GrumpyOne

Re: WHY ARE POST HEADINGS BEING CHANGED???

The Linton Street Flash wrote:How ridiculous that the headings of posts can get watered down by mopderators - can somepne explain why??
Bloody Mopderators.... somepne should do somephing ..... all this random p-ing going on. :roll:

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Because they;

a) Didn't appropriately describe the post.

OR

b) Incorrectly described the post.

Not a hard one there flash boy.

Pilgram
Club Player

i know, they changed my 'H' to a haitch.

fingers
Saintsational Legend

who's moderating the moderators - ??? :shock:

Long live the revolution!

RedWhiteBlack
Club Player

Lol... and to think you were moaning about the "Official" Saints Central forum potentially being moderated/censored.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

they will be changed if..

1. They are too cryptic

2. The state as fact something that is only rumoured

Also Mr Flash, putting your headings IN UPPERCASE just makes you look like you crave attention..can you please not do it unless its something genuinely urgent. not just you venting :-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Pilgram
Club Player

i will try and pull my head in a little bit saint66au 8-)

GrumpyOne

Flash..... ar arrr...... Saviour of the Universe. 8-)

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

RedWhiteBlack wrote:Lol... and to think you were moaning about the "Official" Saints Central forum potentially being moderated/censored.
To link a changed subject line to censorship is not only wrong, but to then pump up the tires of your own forum in the process is terrible form IMO.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

The Linton Street Flash
Club Player

saint66au wrote:they will be changed if..

1. They are too cryptic

Also Mr Flash, putting your headings IN UPPERCASE just makes you look like you crave attention..can you please not do it unless its something genuinely urgent. not just you venting :-)
Perhaps too crypic for you saint66.

The FACT is that they need to show some nuts.

And surely posting on a forum suggests that one craves attention - surely if you didnt want any attention you wouldn't post on a forum? - brilliant point Einstein :roll:

Look again it's the Flash!!
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

The Linton Street Flash wrote:

1. They are too cryptic

And surely posting on a forum suggests that one craves attention - surely if you didnt want any attention you wouldn't post on a forum? - brilliant point Einstein :roll:
Ahhh no..its not FACT..its your opinion, which of course you are entitled to..just dont get the two confused :-)

And no, I reckon the vast majority of posters here dont crave attention, they are just interested in good conversation and debate with other Saints addicts....hence they manage not to scream their headings out in big capitals :-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

I have been noticing that the mods have been becoming a bit tougher over the past few months. They have been increasingly closing threads which are becoming heated or which they deem to be based on unsubstantiated rumours, changing the titles of threads, moving threads to the boondocks forum, deleting posts that they deem to be offensive.

It was a good trend when it started, but, guys and gals, please don't make this place so sterile that it ceases to be entertaining. I like to see a bit of flaming and a bit of personal abuse, and a few outrageous or satirical threads.

BTW, I resent the decision to move my thread about Cousins being appointed to the Reserve Bank Board over to the General Forum. I am certain that the Reserve Bank Board collectively knows a lot more about AFL than does the AFL Commission, so I think the Opposition/General Footy Discussion Forum would have been far more appropriate.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
markp
Saintsational Legend

Mods, I think it should read 'WHY ARE THREAD TITLES BEING CHANGED???'

loris
Saintsational Legend

Pilgram wrote:i know, they changed my 'H' to a haitch.
Must be proddies :P

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:I have been noticing that the mods have been becoming a bit tougher over the past few months. They have been increasingly closing threads which are becoming heated or which they deem to be based on unsubstantiated rumours, changing the titles of threads, moving threads to the boondocks forum, deleting posts that they deem to be offensive.

It was a good trend when it started, but, guys and gals, please don't make this place so sterile that it ceases to be entertaining. I like to see a bit of flaming and a bit of personal abuse, and a few outrageous or satirical threads.

BTW, I resent the decision to move my thread about Cousins being appointed to the Reserve Bank Board over to the General Forum. I am certain that the Reserve Bank Board collectively knows a lot more about AFL than does the AFL Commission, so I think the Opposition/General Footy Discussion Forum would have been far more appropriate.
Yep, outrageous, satirical..even a bit of flaming can be done with wit and cleverness...and Im all for that. Personal abuse tho? ..not on my watch sorry.

God I love a laugh as much as anyone..and I think the numerous people on here who know me would back me up there...but plain ol' abuse isnt funny or entertaining IMO

Thread titles are a pet thing with me....and other mods too..especially when they are wildly misleading...Something along the lines of "COUSINS TO BRISBANE" followed by a post of "my mate heard from an good source..etc etc" will always be altered if I see it..sorry..its just plain incorrect.

The moderation on here was re-structered a while back because there were just too many complaints to ignore about the abuse and general nastiness of the Forum. Now a few of us might err on the side of caution, but Id rather that than days go by with no mod near the place and WWIII
erupting. Tis never gonna be perfect, to some the abuse they dish out is written off as harmless banter, but I reckon we do OK given that we cant be here 24/7 :-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

Couldn't agree more saint66au.....also nothing more annoying than post subjects that don't state the topic :shock:

No Contract, No contact :shock:
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

I'm totally with you mods. Doing a great job and keep it up.

In fact I actually put myself in to you guys sometimes when I think I might have gone too far with abuse etc.... :oops: :oops: :oops:

Seems to be more so on "Red wine Sundays"... :oops: :oops:

GrumpyOne

I love the Mods too. I'd like to have their babies....... :shock:

cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

I've no idea about this context for this thread.

I think the "truth in thread titles" notion isn't a bad one though. And I don't mind the moderation here, it seems level headed but that's from a perspective that is both generalist (i.e. I don't read most posts properly) and fatalistic (I survived St Kilda during the 80s).

Can the aggrieved folk list their original titles and their new forms for my amusement?

Enjoy moderation in moderation.

Gabba
SS Hall of Fame

The Linton Street Flash wrote:

1. They are too cryptic

Ah the irony.

Stop posting threads in caps, it's bloody annoying.

p.s. saint66au et al your work is very much appreciated in keeping this site a good place to visit