If you like skinny odds....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Stjohn
Club Player

If you like skinny odds....

AAP
November 18, 2008 05:30pm

ST KILDA is short-priced favourite to snare Ben Cousins after the league granted the former West Coast star permission to return to the AFL.

Shortly after the AFL Commission ended the ban on Cousins for bringing the game into disrepute, Sportingbet Australia released a revised market listing the Saints $1.40 favourites to have him in their colours next season.
The Brisbane Lions, the only other club to publicly admit an interest in the Brownlow Medallist, are next at $2.80, with punters offered $7.50 for any other AFL club.

"St Kilda is $1.40 to sign Cousins as they are in the middle of a premiership window and the Saints have salary cap room for the midfielder, with the departure of Robert Harvey and Fraser Gehrig," Sportingbet chief executive Michael Sullivan said.

"The Saints have been interested in Cousins from day one and they have established a good relationship with the player and his manager, Ricky Nixon."

While St Kilda are the front-runners, Brisbane do have earlier picks than the Saints in both the national and pre-season drafts.

"So if Michael Voss can convince Cousins that Brisbane is the right place to resurrect his career, he could be a Lion next year," Sullivan said.

The market could change in the coming days, with AFL boss Andrew Demetriou believing more clubs could express an interest now that he has been allowed to return to the field

" I am a loyal person and at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know I am a St Kilda person for life. That was something that has heavily influenced my decision.â€
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Re: If you like skinny odds....

Stjohn wrote:
"St Kilda is $1.40 to sign Cousins as they are in the middle of a premiership window
Lets hope that the bookies have got it right !!

Pilgram
Club Player

$1.40 is overs