St.Kilda Sandy alliance

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

zebraman
Club Player

St.Kilda Sandy alliance

The alliance between our clubs officially starts today....

Here's to a successful venture...

luckysaint
Club Player

I look forward to attending sandy games at the TBO next year, should be a great alliance for both clubs.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

When is the VFL fixture released? !!

zebraman
Club Player

Eastern wrote:When is the VFL fixture released? !!
I rang the VFL yesterday and they said in a couple of weeks.....there appears to be some uncertainty whether Tasmania will be in the VFL next year

But in a couple of years we'll have a trip to the Gold Coast when the new GC team has one season in the VFL bvefore it goes to the AFL

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Was my understanding that the new state-wide comp in Tasmania (which I believe many Tassie folk hate the idea of) has officially killed off the Devils?

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:Was my understanding that the new state-wide comp in Tasmania (which I believe many Tassie folk hate the idea of) has officially killed off the Devils?
Haven't they tried (and failed) with that state wide concept before? Perhaps the off-shore moderator or some one close to the footy scene in Tassie can enlighten us !!

RoseInOz
Club Player

Yes they did try it a few years ago and it was not a success.
I don't know why they would want to try it again. It means a lot of road trips in often inclement weather in winter..
I am an ex-Tasmanian, and I know how bad the weather can be. It was the main reason I left.

Most people achieved their greatest success one step beyond what looked like their greatest failure.
Our time is now! Please let it be 2012!
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

doesn't seem to matter what they try- the North and South thing drags them apart :(

anyone know what the Sandy Song is?

betting it's not "Little peter rabbit" :)

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:doesn't seem to matter what they try- the North and South thing drags them apart :(
I have 1st hand experience of that and proof that it can be overcome !!

zebraman
Club Player

I've been down to Tassie the last few years and the North/South..Hobart/Launceston rivalry is very evident.....I like both places.....North Hobart Oval is excellent as is Aurora Stadium.....If I had to pick between the two I'd go for Aurora Stadium...

I hope Tasmania stay in the VFL as it's a great trip down there...

saintm
Club Player

Eastern wrote:
saint66au wrote:Was my understanding that the new state-wide comp in Tasmania (which I believe many Tassie folk hate the idea of) has officially killed off the Devils?
Haven't they tried (and failed) with that state wide concept before? Perhaps the off-shore moderator or some one close to the footy scene in Tassie can enlighten us !!
Have no claim to being close to the footy scene but I can confirm that the Tassie Devils ceased to exist as at the last roster game of this year's VFL season.

The third deadline to sign to enter the "new" Statewide League was Thursday, I think, but although indicating they will play, no teams have officially signed on as yet. There are issues to be dealt with regarding recruiting zones etc..

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

If Tassie is defunct, I assume there are no other replacement new teams, which means a dreaded bye for the VFL in 2009!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

Here's to the Saints and Sandy re-uniting. Cant' wait. :D
Takes me back ah-em 30 years ago when I was a young girl and we'd sneak into the Beach Road Oval over the back fence, so we wouldn't have to pay.
:lol: I was a poverty stricken student in those days.
And I can still recall the Sandy/Oakleigh relegation blood bath in 1976, The fighting was both on the field and off the field and at one stage the off-field fight ended up on the ground during the game :lol:
Sadly it was the beginning of the end for Oakleigh in the then VFA.
Anyway, I'm glad we've team up with Sandy again and I look forward to seeing a few games at the Trevor Barker Oval.

Go Saints and Go the Zebs. :D

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Good on ya trace...

It would have been very unlike a Moorleigh kid to sneak in somewhere
:wink: :lol:

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers, I believe there has been a bye for years. Maybe now there wont be.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:saintspremiers, I believe there has been a bye for years. Maybe now there wont be.
That's what I thought...

Wasn't when Collingwood decided to have their own side??

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Launcestonsaint
SS Life Member
Location: Watching our games on tele or listening to the radio :(

Eastern wrote:
Yeah they've dropped the VFL team & gone back to the statewide garbage. :roll: :roll:

St Kilda's 2 premiership captains are Tassie born. The Doc & Roo.
casey scorp
Club Player

St Fidelius wrote:
borderbarry wrote:saintspremiers, I believe there has been a bye for years. Maybe now there wont be.
That's what I thought...

Wasn't when Collingwood decided to have their own side??
Bye in 2006 & 2007.

No bye in 2008 when Collingwood joined.

Tassie Saint
Club Player
Location: In the wilds of Tassie - Where boys become men, and cousins become wives

Launcestonsaint wrote:
Eastern wrote:
Yeah they've dropped the VFL team & gone back to the statewide garbage. :roll: :roll:
See I'm actually a fan of the SWL - maybe we'll see a better overall caliber of footy regularly - and the whole Nth Sth rivalry thing actually helps the concept (think Vic v SA in the old days). BUT (and it is a big but) I wasn't around in the old days of the SWL and maybe I'm being too optimistic about the possibility

Caaaaaarn you Sainters!!
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Great news!

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!