Police Association demands probe into Commissioner's "c

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Police Association demands probe into Commissioner's "c

with McGuire.

Although the Police Commissioner has accepted the Commissioners claim that she only had a "social chat" with McGuire, the Police Association want a full internal investigation into what if any operational information the Commissioner gave Mcguire.

If it was a social chat as she claimed and there was no information given to McGuire was did the Collingwood football club withdraw from drafting Cousins after talking (and leaking that meeting to the media) to Nixon?

Two questions have to be answered.

1) Why would Nixon have so much sway over Collingwoods decisions if he "advice" was only her opinion? Surely she is a nobody at Collingwood.

2) If there was operational data given to McGuire, why? And what was it?

There is a stench about this and McGuire is right in the centre of the stink.

It is obvious that McGuire concocted this little farce to discredit Cousins after it was obvious that the STKFC has put together a full agenda for Cousins involving the club in his rehabilitation, and Collingwood had once again missed a big fish.

So what does McGuire do? Leaks the PI crap, then comes out in the media fully endorsing the AFL policy of taking points off any club who has a player testing positive to drugs, then leaking his "social meeting" with Nixon before making a big song and dance about not recruiting Cusins.

Really this is so pathetically transparent. What a s.hite low thing to do to a recovering junkie.

What a scum low life culture that club has. No wonder it has players hanging with murderers and getting pissed and lying to the public and their own teammates.

Really there is something very wrong at Collingwood that they could resort to this crap.

Very wrong.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
crackers35
Club Player

Re: Police Association demands probe into Commissioner's &qu

joffaboy wrote:
Really there is something very wrong at Collingwood that they could resort to this crap.

Very wrong.
Two words.
EDDIE MCGUIRE

Looking forward to 2010 - I'm gonna Lovett!
markp
Saintsational Legend

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out, Nixon has her detractors and enemies, and they wont just let this drop.

Eddy may be caught with his pants down... or Nixon may even be gawn.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

I cannot beleive how we suddenly care about the welfare of players who at the moment have no Saints connection. This new caring side of Saints supporters is lovely new age stuff.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

I could almost guarantee nothing will happen from this...

Although I would love it to happen

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:I cannot beleive how we suddenly care about the welfare of players who at the moment have no Saints connection. This new caring side of Saints supporters is lovely new age stuff.
We have to have the appearance of caring so he'll want to actually come to the club.

Once in, it can be whipping boy benny.

markp
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:I cannot beleive how we suddenly care about the welfare of players who at the moment have no Saints connection. This new caring side of Saints supporters is lovely new age stuff.
You seem to spend much of your time in a state of disbelief.

It would seem Cousins is likely coming to the Saints, that's hardly 'no connection'... which other player(s) are you on about?

If someone doesn't play for us we shouldn't care about their welfare at all?

To the top
SS Life Member

With all these types that talk about their $11M house in Toorak and all their hotels they own.

But the never mention how much DEBT they have.

With their pubs, we have found out - they are fully leveraged against inflated purchase prices.

So they have to keep all the balls in the air at the one time and if one gets dropped the whole shebang comes crashing down.

It would not surprise me to find out Collingwood are once again in big, big strife financially, as they were when McAllister and McDonald were at the helm.

Titanic Maguire sinking under debt!

At the end of the day Maguire is not that lovely pilferer from all our pockets, Pratt.

So who saves Collingwood - particularly in this climate?

There are no more Coopers putting in the money he pilfered from FAI, until Turnbull sold it to HIH and the ship collapsed under the weight, costing us all on our Insurance premiums.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:

It would seem Cousins is likely coming to the Saints, that's hardly 'no connection'... which other player(s) are you on about?

Of course he will play for us if he plays but my point is a year ago when he was suspended no one cared about his welfare now it seems that if anyone mentions his past they are trying to make sure he never plays again which is what most people wanted a year ago.

markp
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
markp wrote:

Of course he will play for us if he plays but my point is a year ago when he was suspended no one cared about his welfare now it seems that if anyone mentions his past they are trying to make sure he never plays again which is what most people wanted a year ago.
Obviously we now have a vested interest.

And last year his past was his present... he seems to have finally admitted to the error of his ways, and deserves a fair go.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
markp wrote:

Obviously we now have a vested interest.

And last year his past was his present... he seems to have finally admitted to the error of his ways, and deserves a fair go.
He always deserved a fair go like any recovering drug addict but amazingly now it seems us supporters have some sympathey.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
markp wrote:

Plugger, 12 months ago there was no-one on here more strident than I in their criticism of Ben Cousins (maybe Dan?).
My criticicm was on many levels including, but not restricted to:-
The AFL's hyped but useless drug code
WCE's obvious knowledge of BC's drug problem
BC's apparent arrogance and equally apparent attitude of F....You to teh rest of the football world.

WHilst I haven't as yet 'come to terms in my own mind' about recruiting him, things are very different 12 months later on.

He appears to have accepted he had a problem and seems to ahve been genuine in his attempts so far to solve that problem.

The issues that have been brought up this week seem (to me) to have been nothing more than an attempt by a powerful organization (CollingFilth) to spin some bad news (their failure to attract BC to their Club) and they seem to ahve given absolutely no thought or concern as to the damage they would cause with their pre-planned media assault.

I am absolutely stunned that Maguire has so much power in this town that not 1 journalist (senior or junior) has taken the time to analyse and decry this week's blatant piece of media manipulation by his Club.
This same Club that has attempted to manage stories over the last 12 months including one of their 'stars' riding around in a car at 4am with a notorious criminal and soon to be murderer.
Or to call a media manipulation conference and declare to the world that 'next you'll be blaming Alan for the Kennedy assasination' only to find out 12 hours later that his 'star' had been lying to him.

This same star had claimed to have been aslepp in the backseat of the car when Hudson was shooting out the window.

This same 'star' had claimed to have been so 'scared' that he couldn't tell the police what had happened when they offered to drive him home that morning last year.

This same 'star' claimed not to have been in the car with Shaw when it crashed into the parked cars.

This same 'star' who claimed in a 'stage managed' interview on The Footy Show (still produced by Maguire Media interests?) that he recognized he had let his teammates down with his actions.

This same star who is still at CollingFilth as a 'beacon' of acceptable behaviour to all the young players there.

Rod Owen was a young kid who played at StKilda in the 80's. He was a 'flawed character' and we finally came to our senses, after trying all sorts of ways to get through to him about his off-field behaviour and traded him off to Melbourne. Unfortunately he didn't learn the lessons and soon was discarded from there because of off-field issues.

Every Club's history is littered with 'bad-boys' who have gone off the rails. Curiously it only seems to be CollingFilth that refused/reduses to take action against them if they are also good players.

What we have seen this week has been, IMHO, a disgusting display of 'muscle flexing' by a Club that thinks it can do whatever it wants and does not need to answer to anyone or any authority for its actions.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Again, the Police Association are crap...

I am a paying member and a good deal of members money is spent on defending crooks who have been accused of some horrific crimes..

Yes innocent until proven guilty, but I don't wont to see my money wasted on people who most know have done wrong...

I noticed that Noel Ashby was not a paying member and has agreed to backpay the Association in order to get council...

Yep, waste of money and unjust IMO...

I went to school with Noel and was in the same class...

They are one of the most over paid unions in this country IMO..

and I am glad Mullett is gone...

Again, nothing will happen IMO

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 attempts once again to stifle any type of conversation.

Would have made a good apparachik for the KGB :roll: :roll:

It is a story on the news, it concerns St.Kilda, it is worthy of a thread.

But the troll thinks he knows better than everyone else.

typical of a low IQ'ed neanderthal.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

I wonder if you would have slightly cared had we not been the club that looks like getting him. I on the other hand have always supported that Cousins has a problem the same as people have gambling, drinking and depression problems and have always thought he deserves a second chance just not with us but only because of age. I also dont think what we have seen anything in the last 2 days different to others who have a checkered past like Carey and even Jon Hay. I would think people are only thinking he is getting a harder time than others because he now looks like being a Sainter. If i am wrong I look forward to you and others supporting players from other sides that may have problems next year.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:I wonder if you would have slightly cared had we not been the club that looks like getting him. I on the other hand have always supported that Cousins has a problem the same as people have gambling, drinking and depression problems and have always thought he deserves a second chance just not with us but only because of age. I also dont think what we have seen anything in the last 2 days different to others who have a checkered past like Carey and even Jon Hay. I would think people are only thinking he is getting a harder time than others because he now looks like being a Sainter. If i am wrong I look forward to you and others supporting players from other sides that may have problems next year.
You are such a simpleton :roll:

it has nothing to do with Cousins mabye coming to the Saints.

It has everything to do with possible infringement of civil liberties, invasion of privacy, and the attack by a club to save face in front of its supporters, on a recovering drug addict, persecuting him through innuendo and inference.

I would be up in arms about this regardless of who it is.

However you cannot see anything more than the simplist and linear of explanations.

You really are a sad, incredibly banal fool of extremely low intellect with no deductive capability whatsoever.

The subject is just way over your head. But then again almost everything is so I am not suuprised by your stilted, and small minded view.

A least you are consistant :roll:

Lance or James??

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:I wonder if you would have slightly cared had we not been the club that looks like getting him. I on the other hand have always supported that Cousins has a problem the same as people have gambling, drinking and depression problems and have always thought he deserves a second chance just not with us but only because of age. I also dont think what we have seen anything in the last 2 days different to others who have a checkered past like Carey and even Jon Hay. I would think people are only thinking he is getting a harder time than others because he now looks like being a Sainter. If i am wrong I look forward to you and others supporting players from other sides that may have problems next year.
Plugger, you know I will always 'have a go' when I see what I consider inconsistancy or hypocrisy.

I watched many News reports about Wsayne Carey on TV this week as he faced court in Miami.
On Channel 9 they spent much time and footage on the story.
Not once did they mention his 'problem' with his girlfriend at their Port Melbourne home.
Not once did they mention his affair with his teammates wife.
They concentrated solely on his court appearance.

Compare the handling of the Carey story with what they 'produced' on Ben Cousins.

markp
Saintsational Legend

It's ridiculous when people refer to this forum as if it's a solitary being.... there are hundreds of posters with varying views.

Who in their right mind would think (or suggest) the shyte Cousins is copping is part of a wider anti- St Kilda conspiracy?

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote: Who in their right mind would think (or suggest) the shyte Cousins is copping is part of a wider anti- St Kilda conspiracy?
plugger66 apparently. What did you say about being in their right mind?

Lance or James??

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
It's ridiculous when people refer to this forum as if it's a solitary being.... there are hundreds of posters with varying views.

Who in their right mind would think (or suggest) the shyte Cousins is copping is part of a wider anti- St Kilda conspiracy?
I dont think it is an anti Saints conspiracy far from it but I think others do but if you can show previous posts from a year ago when people felt all new age lovy dovy for Cousins I am happy to say I am wrong. From what I remember most people couldnt have given a stuff if Cousins was never allowed to play footy ever again.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
markp wrote: Who in their right mind would think (or suggest) the shyte Cousins is copping is part of a wider anti- St Kilda conspiracy?
plugger66 apparently. What did you say about being in their right mind?
Howde Doode you are so funnnnny.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
You are such a simpleton :roll:

it has nothing to do with Cousins mabye coming to the Saints.

It has everything to do with possible infringement of civil liberties, invasion of privacy, and the attack by a club to save face in front of its supporters, on a recovering drug addict, persecuting him through innuendo and inference.

I would be up in arms about this regardless of who it is.

However you cannot see anything more than the simplist and linear of explanations.

You really are a sad, incredibly banal fool of extremely low intellect with no deductive capability whatsoever.

The subject is just way over your head. But then again almost everything is so I am not suuprised by your stilted, and small minded view.

A least you are consistant :roll:
I would love to see all your posts when you are up in arms with other players civil liberies being breached or you havent got any to show as it is the first time it has ever happened. If I am sad person you are downright crying however I do look forward to you putting up all your posts where you have stuck up for civil liberties and invasion of privacy. Howde Doode you make me laugh.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

I am always having a go at others for posting 2 or 3 in a row but what am I thinking doing 4 in a row.

markp
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
markp wrote:

I dont think it is an anti Saints conspiracy far from it but I think others do but if you can show previous posts from a year ago when people felt all new age lovy dovy for Cousins I am happy to say I am wrong. From what I remember most people couldnt have given a stuff if Cousins was never allowed to play footy ever again.
A year ago he wouldn't even admit he had a problem.... lots and lots of water under the bridge since then, and of course the prospect of him playing for us makes a difference... why would that be surprising? How do you think we'd have treated Milne over the years if he was a scum player?

Name one (sane) person who has stated this is part of an anti-Saints conspiracy.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
markp wrote:

I can see both sides of the argument and I also recall the ridicule and shyte thrown at Cuz last year on this forum. On this aspect, I gree with Plugger.

The question is though... is this new found luv of Cuz from the people who were taking comfort in his predicament?

I recall some nasty things being said.

FWIW, I'm not too fussed if we get him or not. He is an adult and will be accountable for his decisions, good or bad.

However, from a parent's point of view, it's easy to be unforgiving, but then again, I ask myself "what if it was my son or daughter?" How cold hearted would I be.

I once recall seeing a kid OD'ing in an alley in Melb CBD. The initial reaction was say "typical druggie etc". But then I stop and thought "what if it was my kid, would I want people to just walk by and let them die?"

Moral of the story: Cuz deserves a chance to redeem himself. If he screws it up, then he'll live with the consequences. Meantime, he like others deserve our respect and support... even Carey.

God knows, I've screwed up more than once in life.

My biggest fear atm is that supporters are acting on emotion, just as people do at house auctions, and want Cuz at all costs... just to beat the filth in the race. I trust the coaching panel will have a more measured and systematical approach.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.