3-way trade- would we be happy with...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

StNoodles
Club Player

3-way trade- would we be happy with...

x. clarke to port

a. thomson to tigers

j. shulz to st kilda

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

no.
shulz is crap

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Yes, I think J Shulz would be very happy with that trade!

SaintWodonga
Club Player

Too many rumours... Not enough facts!

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
goodie
Club Player

Hell no. Injury prone X outranks squib Schulz

StNoodles
Club Player

not a rumour, just after opinions

fingers
Saintsational Legend

How about

x. clarke to port ---> NO

a. thomson to tigers ---> NO

j. shulz to st kilda ---> NO

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:Yes, I think J Shulz would be very happy with that trade!
I thought it was H. Schultz, and that his manager, Klink wanted to trade him to the Russian Front !!

yipper
SS Life Member

Eastern wrote:
I thought it was H. Schultz, and that his manager, Klink wanted to trade him to the Russian Front !!
I know nuthink...nuthink.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Re: 3-way trade- would we be happy with...

StNoodles wrote:x. clarke to port

a. thomson to tigers

j. shulz to st kilda
nyet.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
*monacle drops out of eye socket* Easteeerrrrrrnnnnnnnn!

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Just an aside..

When Schultz arrived at Punt Rd he immediately got the nickname "Sarge"...but had to go ask one of the older people at the Club why LOL

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
GrumpyOne

FFS guys, trading X would be the silliest thing we have done in the last ten years.

Will be a superstar in 09.

saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

GrumpyOne wrote:FFS guys, trading X would be the silliest thing we have done in the last ten years.

Agree there, let the medical staff do their thing

Before Im 85
Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

saintsrus wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:FFS guys, trading X would be the silliest thing we have done in the last ten years.

Spot on. X was always the more talented of the Clarke boys & we've seen indications of what Raph is capable of.

Let Misson & co work their wonders & everyone will remember why X was taken at no 5 in the super draft.

BTW Schultz is a spud of the highest order. Struggles to get a game at the Tigers when they are desperate for tall forwards!

mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

I'm not a big fan of X... but Shulz? Tell him he's dreaming...

mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

Animal Enclosure wrote:
saintsrus wrote:

Spot on. X was always the more talented of the Clarke boys & we've seen indications of what Raph is capable of.

Let Misson & co work their wonders & everyone will remember why X was taken at no 5 in the super draft.

BTW Schultz is a spud of the highest order. Struggles to get a game at the Tigers when they are desperate for tall forwards!
And the word was that Raph was always the most talented out of the brothers Raph would have gone top 5 if he had a good Under 18's championships but struggled with injury...

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

mightysainters wrote:
Animal Enclosure wrote:
saintsrus wrote:

And the word was that Raph was always the most talented out of the brothers Raph would have gone top 5 if he had a good Under 18's championships but struggled with injury...
I think it was Michael Maclean who said that Raph would end up being the most talented footballer EVER to come out of NT. The list includes McLoed, Rioli x 3, Motlop x 3 or 4, Brennan.

Lets hope that Raph proves this prediction to be 100% CORRECT !!

Sobraz
SS Life Member

This is a massive call....

IMO if a favourable trade comes up, X is out most expendable player of (semi) quality.... Unlike our other forum whipping boys Dal and Kosi, X has never, ever dominated in a game, or had a great year...

He has shown abit in small doses... I dont think he'd be worth much on the open market...

As for Schultz, not sure whats worse... A player that never plays (X), or an AFL player with a reserves attitude (schultz)...

St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

mightysainters wrote:
Animal Enclosure wrote:
saintsrus wrote:

Raph got himself reported and suspended in the Under 18 comp to fly under the radar and last until St Kilda's first pick (Pick 8), because the experts had him rated higher than that. Always wanted to come to the Saints to play with X

GrumpyOne

Sobraz wrote:

This is a massive call....

IMO if a favourable trade comes up, X is out most expendable player of (semi) quality.... Unlike our other forum whipping boys Dal and Kosi, X has never, ever dominated in a game, or had a great year...
A massive call perhaps, but one I am prepared to back all the way.

X has all the skills, the pace we need in midfield, never shirks a contest, and brings the unpredictability that aboriginal players have that can punch a hole through most defences.

Don't judge him over the last two years where he was hampered by niggling injuries. Now that a professional approach has been taken in our injury management area, and a program put in place to manage his body, I am completely confident that we will see the skills and attributes that earnt him Burkie's old jumper.

mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

St Chris wrote:
mightysainters wrote:
Animal Enclosure wrote:
saintsrus wrote:

Raph got himself reported and suspended in the Under 18 comp to fly under the radar and last until St Kilda's first pick (Pick 8), because the experts had him rated higher than that. Always wanted to come to the Saints to play with X
Played and got injured i think.... That was the conspiracy theory think he was a bit overrated and was shown up in quality standard of football in the championships....

saintjake
Club Player

we have been saying that for ages,
and body still breaks down..

Saints94
SS Life Member

I'd think i would prefer Thompson

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Animal Enclosure wrote:X was always the more talented of the Clarke boys & we've seen indications of what Raph is capable of.
wasn't raph regarded as the more talented junior?

in any case, they are both potentially very good players. x just needs some luck with injury.

too many on here are judging him on one game when he was bought back for a final without a real solid match fitness base.