Kosi cosy in Saints' camp

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

GeorgeYoung27
Club Player

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,865 ... 11,00.html
By Mark Robinson
October 02, 2008 JUSTIN Koschitzke will remain a Saint in 2009 unless the club receives an offer too good to refuse.

And that offer hasn't yet materialised, nor is it likely to during trade week.

Coach Ross Lyon told the 26-year-old late last week that he did not want to trade him, just as teammate Nick Dal Santo was told he was a required player.

The eight-year forward/ruckman, who has two years to run on a three-year deal, has made it known he does not want to leave St Kilda.

Saints chief executive Archie Fraser strongly indicated Koschitzke was staying. "We signed a three-year deal with him and the view is we still see him a part of the structure," Fraser said.

"You never say never because you don't know what's going to come up during trade week, and he's probably been floated around more because of perception than the reality, but he's pretty important part of the group."

As the Saints prepare to analyse the youthful offerings at draft camp, Fraser said the club remained "in the mix" for Ben Cousins, but tipped Collingwood to secure him, and that another Sydney-to-Saints deal - this time involving Ryan O'Keefe - was unlikely.

"I think he's (O'Keefe) looking for a four-year deal. He's 28 this year; we don't have a good history of doing long-term deals," Fraser said.

"We don't even know if he wants to stay in Sydney yet, so I'd have to say no, I can't see us . . . we won't be giving away our early pick and they would want an early pick."

On Cousins, Fraser said: "We certainly think we're in the mix, but I think he will end up at Collingwood because of his relationship with Mick (Malthouse) and I don't think he'll come here unless the Collingwood thing falls apart."

Koschitzke's value to the Saints would increase next year after back-up ruckman Michael Gardiner retires, as anticipated.

Steven King will be offered a new contract, Ben McEvoy is still developing, leaving Koschitzke to be the play as a back up ruckman/forward.

"We're working through a deal with Kingy, he will be here," Fraser said.

The Saints will draft a ruckman among their six picks at the national draft.

makemytime
Club Player

wudn't say he is cosy but he'll stay ... for at least one or two more years

o'keefe and cousins are both said to be unlikely by archie but what about LOVETT

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Quote "The eight-year forward/ruckman, who has two years to run on a three-year deal, has made it known he does not want to leave St Kilda"

Oh how he wants to be in St Kilda
When the Saints go marching in

chook23
Saintsational Legend

If he goes...........we would have got a very good deal

if he stays.....THE HEAT IS ON

saint4life
SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

Six picks? Mega cleanout to be expected?

Quixote
SS Life Member

Re: Kosi cosy in Saints' camp

GeorgeYoung27 wrote:http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,865 ... 11,00.html
By Mark Robinson
October 02, 2008 JUSTIN Koschitzke will remain a Saint in 2009 unless the club receives an offer too good to refuse.

Coach Ross Lyon told the 26-year-old late last week that he did not want to trade him, just as teammate Nick Dal Santo was told he was a required player.

The eight-year forward/ruckman, who has two years to run on a three-year deal, has made it known he does not want to leave St Kilda.

Saints chief executive Archie Fraser strongly indicated Koschitzke was staying. "We signed a three-year deal with him and the view is we still see him a part of the structure," Fraser said.

"You never say never because you don't know what's going to come up during trade week, and he's probably been floated around more because of perception than the reality, but he's pretty important part of the group."

As the Saints prepare to analyse the youthful offerings at draft camp, Fraser said the club remained "in the mix" for Ben Cousins, but tipped Collingwood to secure him, and that another Sydney-to-Saints deal - this time involving Ryan O'Keefe - was unlikely.

"I think he's (O'Keefe) looking for a four-year deal. He's 28 this year; we don't have a good history of doing long-term deals," Fraser said.

"We don't even know if he wants to stay in Sydney yet, so I'd have to say no, I can't see us . . . we won't be giving away our early pick and they would want an early pick."

On Cousins, Fraser said: "We certainly think we're in the mix, but I think he will end up at Collingwood because of his relationship with Mick (Malthouse) and I don't think he'll come here unless the Collingwood thing falls apart."

Koschitzke's value to the Saints would increase next year after back-up ruckman Michael Gardiner retires, as anticipated.

Steven King will be offered a new contract, Ben McEvoy is still developing, leaving Koschitzke to be the play as a back up ruckman/forward.

HERE HERE and frankly f*** anyone who thinks differently.

St Kilda boys through and through.

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Quixote wrote:
By Mark Robinson

oh god. i want to play at the saints. does that mean i should?

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

SaintBot wrote:
It's not really a huge cleanout when you consider what is on our list

Harvey - Retired
Gehrig - Retired
M.Gardiner - Retired?
Rix - VFL
C.Gardiner - VFL
Ferguson - VFL
Fiora - Inconsistent
Maguire - Broken down
X.Clarke - Never fit
Jones - Can't kick
L.Fisher - Not wanted
Baker - Past it
Dal Santo - Lazy as hell
Birss - Sleeping with Mrs. Lyon
Connors - Weighs 17kgs
Howard - Shown nothing

Just take your pick of 6. No rookies deserve to be promoted.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

SaintBot wrote:
six picks we gotta replace
Harves
Gtrain
Gardy (prob)
so expect at least three delistings
with Ferg, Leigh Fisher out of favour with the coach only one real shock delisting i would think ??

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

mad saint guy wrote:
Just take your pick of 6. No rookies deserve to be promoted.
i reckon mini may have done just enough to get promoted to the main list . unsure what the club will be thinking in regards to Miles ill ask his uncle on friday and lets yas know !

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Great news that Dal and Kosi are required players.

RL has his head screwed on the right way in relation to this.

Good work Saints.

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Quixote wrote:
By Mark Robinson

Probably wouldn't have put it quite so eloquently, but I agree wholeheartedly!

Kosi is a Saint and will remain that way until his playing days are over! You don't throw the baby out with the bath water. I believe he will do very well next year. Will be interesting to see who the lynch mob on this forum go after half way through next year and then at the end of next season.......

*might go bump the 'we love Kosi' - feeling mighty happy after reading that*

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Why are we getting 6 pics. We may have 5 or 8 how will we know until the delistings. And as for keeping Kosi because he is a Saints boy well that means if we try and trade Fish then we are breaking that rule as he even barracked for the Saints when he was young or it good players are Saints players the others are not. We should keep Kosi because he is to valuable to let go or we cannot get a trade in our favour.

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

mad saint guy wrote:

Maguire - Broken down

Jones - Can't kick

Baker - Past it

I don't agree with those 3 points, but the rest hold merit. And there are a few in that list.

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
Saints94
SS Life Member

The question is will CJ ever learn how to kick, cause i know i kick funny i hold it like fev having a shot at goal

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

St. Luke wrote:
mad saint guy wrote:

Maguire - Broken down

Jones - Can't kick

Baker - Past it

I don't agree with those 3 points, but the rest hold merit. And there are a few in that list.
I agree with you that it's a bit too soon to write off Maguire and Bakes

But are you seriously suggesting that you believe Jones can kick? If so, either you have never watched him play, or your idea of what it means to say someone can kick is vastly different to mine

I'm not saying delist him: he does some things well, but my heart goes in my mouth every time he drops the ball onto his foot!

BTW, by stating that MSG's other comments hold merit, you surely weren't meaning to suggest that it is conceivable that Shane Birss and Mrs Lyon have had the occasional skirmish?

I know that Ross has a highish voice and walks funny but, with all due respect, Ross is a vastly better-looking Dude than the Birsster!!

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Club word
http://www.saints.com.au/tabid/5315/Def ... wsid=68526
We signed a three-year deal with him and the view is we still see him a part of the structure," Fraser told Thursday's Herald Sun.

"You never say never because you don't know what's going to come up during trade week, and he's probably been floated around more because of perception than the reality, but he's a pretty important part of the group."

Koschitzke should remain a key member of the Saints' ruck division with former Cat Steven King, with the latter's negotiations for a new deal underway.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Solar
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Why are we getting 6 pics. We may have 5 or 8 how will we know until the delistings. And as for keeping Kosi because he is a Saints boy well that means if we try and trade Fish then we are breaking that rule as he even barracked for the Saints when he was young or it good players are Saints players the others are not. We should keep Kosi because he is to valuable to let go or we cannot get a trade in our favour.
can anyone translate this for me?

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Why are we getting 6 pics. We may have 5 or 8 how will we know until the delistings. And as for keeping Kosi because he is a Saints boy well that means if we try and trade Fish then we are breaking that rule as he even barracked for the Saints when he was young or it good players are Saints players the others are not. We should keep Kosi because he is to valuable to let go or we cannot get a trade in our favour.
can anyone translate this for me?
I think he's found the top shelf stuff...

“Yeah….nah””
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Quixote wrote:

my sentiments exactly....dal or kossi were never going anywhere........only flowers could think differently ...thank god....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

John Manzie was a Saints boy and what a dud he was.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
Quixote wrote:

my sentiments exactly....dal or kossi were never going anywhere........only flowers could think differently ...thank god....
Wow, that is some of the most self indulgent tripe you will ever find on SS or any forum for that matter...

So anyone who thinks that Dal Santo and Kosi should be traded should a suitable deal arise are 'flowers' thanks for your input champ :roll:

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Flowers? Didn't they change their name to Icehouse?

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:Flowers? Didn't they change their name to Icehouse?
Correct, and I think it was because there was already a Pommy group called Flowers....