No Lovett, Dal/Kos going nowhere

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

No Lovett, Dal/Kos going nowhere

From this morning's Age:

'...St Kilda, which is likewise keen to inject more speed into its side, is not pursuing Lovett.

The Bombers had expressed interest in Saint Nick Dal Santo's situation, but were repeatedly told by the Saints that Dal Santo — or Justin Koschitzke — was not on the trade table...'

Take from that what you will...

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Good.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Good if it happens, but not necessarily true.....we have being given a curve ball many times...

chook23
Saintsational Legend

And you believe what is in the papers

saint4life
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

chook23 wrote:And you believe what is in the papers
Hence my request that you take from it what you will...

Every chance 'Dal/Kosi not for trade' means 'No one has offered enough yet'...

Everything has a price, Chook23.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

damn.

i still want kosi traded !

he might be reinvigerated in a new club.

JeffDunne

I reckon you'd be nuts to trade players like Kosi & Dal unless they wanted out.

TBH, if players of their ilk wanted out I'd be extremely concerned about where we are headed.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:I reckon you'd be nuts to trade players like Kosi & Dal unless they wanted out.

TBH, if players of their ilk wanted out I'd be extremely concerned about where we are headed.
Fair point

Saint Mik
Club Player

JeffDunne wrote:
I am extremely concerned about the so called ilk you refer to and where it takes us.

They both need to improve ALOT, the ilk word is just a bullshyte hype word for over rated IMO.

They played this year like they want out so it would not bother me one bit if they were traded to IMPROVE our list.

Forget the past, Saints footy, One better in 2010
GrumpyOne

saintly wrote:damn.

And we'd like him to be like that against us???

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Re: No Lovett, Dal/Kos going nowhere

Thinline wrote:The Bombers had expressed interest in Saint Nick Dal Santo's situation
i'll bet they did. can't see any reason to not believe the club on this. they are not for trade.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
Thinline wrote:The Bombers had expressed interest in Saint Nick Dal Santo's situation
i'll bet they did. can't see any reason to not believe the club on this. they are not for trade.
Bombers have been chasing Nick since we drafted him.
every year the same rumours surface.

I hate rumours- 10 days to go ......................... :shock: :?

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Saint Mik
Club Player

GrumpyOne wrote:

If Kosi takes out the FF like he has done with ROO many times this year by going at the ball together and then have the ball come out just as quick then why not :shock: :wink: :lol:

At least Roo wont have to say what the F*** after alot of attempted contested grabs in our forward line 8-)

I love the bloke but I also hope he either improves ALOT or we IMPROVE the list by trading him.

GrumpyOne

Saint Mik wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:

If Kosi takes out the FF like he has done with ROO many times this year by going at the ball together and then have the ball come out just as quick then why not :shock: :wink: :lol:

At least Roo wont have to say what the F*** after alot of attempted contested grabs in our forward line 8-)

I love the bloke but I also hope he either improves ALOT or we IMPROVE the list by trading him.
We have all seen what he can do when he is on song.

What was it.... three successive 3 Brownlow votes?

I'd rather take the chance that he does that for us, rather than possibly twice a season against us.

JeffDunne

Saint Mik wrote:
JeffDunne wrote:
I am extremely concerned about the so called ilk you refer to and where it takes us.

They both need to improve ALOT, the ilk word is just a bullshyte hype word for over rated IMO.

They played this year like they want out so it would not bother me one bit if they were traded to IMPROVE our list.
Regardless of you views on their playing ability, both players have great character and are committed team players. We know both can perform at a very high level.

I'd be extremely surprised & disappointed if they wanted out rather than finishing the job and personally turning it around.

As for trading them, I'd trade anyone if the trade was in our favour. The reality is though in the current market you're not going to get true value for players like Kosi & Dal.

Trading for the sake of trading is moronic.

Of course you'd trade to IMPROVE your list.

Who wouldn't? :?

Saint Mik
Club Player

GrumpyOne wrote:
Saint Mik wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:

We have all seen what he can do when he is on song.

What was it.... three successive 3 Brownlow votes?

I'd rather take the chance that he does that for us, rather than possibly twice a season against us.
Chance being the key word, these two players being on song together is as rare as a grand final birth, if only they could both be more consistent with performance then maybe just maybe a crack at a grand final would not of been out of the question.

I'm sick of chances, thats all our great club seems to offer, a chance at a grand final, a chance at a good year from our supposed GUN players, a chance at another crack at it for some players that are no longer wanted at another club ect.

Lets just IMPROVE the list and if it means trading chance players then I am more than happy to trade,I would like to see a player that has the runs on the board instead of just ticking all the right boxes that we so often hear about.

Saint Mik
Club Player

JeffDunne wrote:
Saint Mik wrote:
JeffDunne wrote:

Regardless of you views on their playing ability, both players have great character and are committed team players. We know both can perform at a very high level.

I'd be extremely surprised & disappointed if they wanted out rather than finishing the job and personally turning it around.

As for trading them, I'd trade anyone if the trade was in our favour. The reality is though in the current market you're not going to get true value for players like Kosi & Dal.

Trading for the sake of trading is moronic.

Of course you'd trade to IMPROVE your list.

Who wouldn't? :?
Then why would you come out and say that they ARE NOT up for trading then :shock:

JeffDunne

Saint Mik wrote:Then why would you come out and say that they ARE NOT up for trading then :shock:
Do I really need to answer that? :?

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/ ... 42,00.html

ST KILDA'S Nick Dal Santo has been told he won't be offered for trade next week. It's understood the Saints told Dal Santo's manager Ricky Nixon late last week he is required player.

Dal Santo, who has two years to run on a contract, averaged 22.1 disposals in his 24 matches this year, second behind his career-best season in 2005 when he averaged 22.6 touches.

It's not known if Justin Koschitzke, however, has been given the same assurance or is contemplating a move himself.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:I reckon you'd be nuts to trade players like Kosi & Dal unless they wanted out.

why nuts, if they don't play well?

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote: I hate rumours- 10 days to go ......................... :shock: :?
Boring sod!!!

If we didn't have Trade Week and only the draft, how crap would that be?

There will always be rumours, can't stop them...it's part of the game during the Trade period lead up.

Bring on Friday week, best couple of hours of the season *unless we win a flag!!!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Dal Santo, who has two years to run on a contract, averaged 22.1 disposals in his 24 matches this year, second behind his career-best season in 2005 when he averaged 22.6 touches.
statistically not far behind the year he finished third in the brownlow. i can't see what all the bleating has been about to be honest.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
statistically not far behind the year he finished third in the brownlow. i can't see what all the bleating has been about to be honest.
stats alone don't tell the whole picture.

saint4life
Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

bigcarl wrote:
Because those averages have generally been cheap, easy possessions when the game is either

a) over
or
b) against ordinary opposition
or
c) his tagger loses interest

The only exceptions being his fantastic games against Hawthorn & the semi against the filth.

I'm happy if he stays if he gets his head together & commits himself like Roo (& many others) do.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

chook23 wrote:
bigcarl wrote:
stats alone don't tell the whole picture.
i realise this, but they do show that his output isn't too far off when he was considered one of the young guns of the competition.

i'd like to see him tried in a different role next season and used as a creative half forward where every possession can hurt our opponents.

he's not, and never will be, the close-checking type ross seems to like, but you cannot be all things to all people.

they can't all be hard in and under players like luke ball and nor would you want them to be. it takes all types.

let him play to strengths, of which there are many.

offensively i believe he can be a very damaging player if used correctly and, co-incidentally, offensively is where we must improve to challenge the hawthorns of the world.
Last edited by bigcarl on Wed 01 Oct 2008 3:50pm, edited 1 time in total.