I apologise

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

I apologise

For my comment that I thought the Harvey tribute was fantastic but next time I hope it is for 22 players who win us a flag. I am sorry this upset a few people. I am telling the truth in saying it wasnt designed to upset anyone but yes I delibrately put it on that thread not to upset people but to maybe get some people thinking wouldnt it be great if that was the next tribute to the Saints, the 22 players who finally won us a flag.

I am now on a mission to get people with me that Harvs be the last individual we idolise and now we start looking at idolsing the team for what they do.

I dont want to hear next year I hope Rooy wins the Brownlow or the goalkicking or is all Australian captain I want to hear I hope Rooy is captain of the winning Grand Final side. Other things can take care of themselves. Geelong are one of the best teams ever and that has helped them get many individual awards over the last 2 years like 16 AA positions, a brownlow, and 2 MVP but what is probably could give them which is more important than anything is 2 flags.

So yes I do sincerely apologise but lets get on board the mission of having 22 legends in 2009.

JeffDunne

Your parents are the people that should be apologising.

bigmicka
Club Player

Just do us all a favor and go crawl back under the rock at the AFL media centre.

mic

No one ever built a statue for a critic.
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Re: I apologise

don't do it again

matrix
Saintsational Legend

just think about it next time.......

but at least he apologised
i can see what he meant...but putting it in THAT particular thread was really a bad call.
poor tact plugg.

now...get back to arguing with everyone else....gives me some funny s*** to read 8-) :D

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

So you should mate...

It's Footballs biggest night to honour individuals of the game and not a team.

Yes, you had stated the obvious that its about the team, but gee give it a rest on the night that's is dedicated for individual performances.

A great tribute to Robert Harvey and congrats to Cooney

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

People still dont get it.

GrumpyOne

plugger66 wrote:People still dont get it.
We got it fine Plug.... and the consensus is that it was inappropriate :x

stinger
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
I do sincerely apologise l.

and so you should troll.....you flowered one of the best threads ever...and sullied and trivialised the tribute given by voss........says a lot about you..as a person.... :evil:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
Well not to be popular on this forum upsets me. Anyway lets just start more Harvs threads or better still lets make Rooy our next super hero. and to that moron stinger who says I am not a Saints person i will tell him right now I promise him without even knowing what he has done for the club in his 100 years that I have done just as much if not more. Happy for you to pm Stinger if you doubt it.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
Well not to be popular on this forum upsets me. Anyway lets just start more Harvs threads or better still lets make Rooy our next super hero. and to that moron stinger who says I am not a Saints person i will tell him right now I promise him without even knowing what he has done for the club in his 100 years that I have done just as much if not more. Happy for you to pm Stinger if you doubt it.

pm you.???....in your dreams troll...in your dreams.... :roll: :roll: :evil:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:

pm you.???....in your dreams troll...in your dreams.... :roll: :roll: :evil:
It actually would be a nightmare if you did.

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

I dont see why that could upset someone

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
SaintWodonga
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:For my comment that I thought the Harvey tribute was fantastic but next time I hope it is for 22 players who win us a flag. I am sorry this upset a few people. I am telling the truth in saying it wasnt designed to upset anyone but yes I delibrately put it on that thread not to upset people but to maybe get some people thinking wouldnt it be great if that was the next tribute to the Saints, the 22 players who finally won us a flag.

I am now on a mission to get people with me that Harvs be the last individual we idolise and now we start looking at idolsing the team for what they do.

I dont want to hear next year I hope Rooy wins the Brownlow or the goalkicking or is all Australian captain I want to hear I hope Rooy is captain of the winning Grand Final side. Other things can take care of themselves. Geelong are one of the best teams ever and that has helped them get many individual awards over the last 2 years like 16 AA positions, a brownlow, and 2 MVP but what is probably could give them which is more important than anything is 2 flags.

So yes I do sincerely apologise but lets get on board the mission of having 22 legends in 2009.
I get what you are are saying. You want the Club to be bigger than the individual. I agree we have too much spotlight on individual palyer (like Plugger, Winmar etc). I guess the supporters fall into the trap due to the lack of club success.

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Don't get what exactly?

Don't get your apology??

or

The fact that you rambled on in a thread that was about the tribute to Harvey??

Again,
St Fidelius wrote:So you should mate...

Yes, you had stated the obvious that its about the team, but gee give it a rest on the night that's is dedicated for individual performances.

The brownlow night is about individuals and not about a team

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
B W and R all over
SS Hall of Fame

Some people are very sensitive aren't they?

25 minutes to make a name for yourself like you've never made before.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
Don't get what exactly?

Don't get your apology??

or

The fact that you rambled on in a thread that was about the tribute to Harvey??

Again,
St Fidelius wrote:So you should mate...

The brownlow night is about individuals and not about a team
If you read it I said one statement that wasnt bad at all and then was attacked by solar.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Let's all just chill out...

FFS...I didn't think it was that bad.

Harves is a legend, Cooney is a deserving winner, I hope our 22 next year wins the flag.

:|
Last edited by evertonfc on Tue 23 Sep 2008 4:38pm, edited 1 time in total.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:For my comment that I thought the Harvey tribute was fantastic but next time I hope it is for 22 players who win us a flag. I am sorry this upset a few people. I am telling the truth in saying it wasnt designed to upset anyone but yes I delibrately put it on that thread not to upset people but to maybe get some people thinking wouldnt it be great if that was the next tribute to the Saints, the 22 players who finally won us a flag.

100% correct, anyone that doesn't agree is a nuff nuff

enough of this idol iatola garbage that was associaed with harvey...he is gone

hopefully roo doesnt have to deal with the same patronising bulls*** that harvey has had too...

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:

hopefully roo doesnt have to deal with the same patronising bulls*** that harvey has had too...
I knew you would be here somewhere. At least on this topic we agree but expect more people to have a go at me you or us.

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:

I knew you would be here somewhere. At least on this topic we agree but expect more people to have a go at me you or us.
oh likewise...i just don't understand how they can decorate a player so amazingly highly lovable...oh ive just creamed myself thinking about him...

he is untouchable...he wouldnt be so if he was part of the dons or magpies...

he is given so much more praise as we are a loser of a club...both on and off the field we are dogged with failure

but thats okay because we can all gather around and sing koom-by-yah about the great man harvey...

still 0 flags...

and no this is not a crack at harvey...not in the slightest...its at the patronising bulls*** that has followed him and we have had to view, read and listen to over the past 6 weeks or so...

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
GrumpyOne

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:enough of this idol iatola garbage
Que?

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Agree. Harvey was great. He's gone. It's about the team. Sure let's celebrate his achievements, but I entirely agree with P66 on this.

The reaction on this forum has been over the top...

Anyone form coach, to supporters to media people, who hasn't wrapped him up to be the 2nd coming of Jesus has been abused and berrated to a ridiculous extent, and unfairly so, IMHO.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

i forgive him

GrumpyOne

WayneJudson42 wrote: Anyone form coach, to supporters to media people, who hasn't wrapped him up to be the 2nd coming of Jesus has been abused and berrated to a ridiculous extent, and unfairly so, IMHO.
Jesus may have been aligned with the Saints, but He didn't play for 21 Seasons in midfield.