WJ42's Bottom Line...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

WJ42's Bottom Line...

Whilst there will no doubt be finger pointing, recriminations, references to the past admin etc... here's my wrap for the year...

1- Our list isn't up to the same level as Cats, Hawks and probably the Doggies. We may have a top-4 list... but 1 to 3 are far superior. :cry:

2- Off field we are on the right track. :D

3- RL has done a good job to get us into a prelim, but we have a long way to go. Hopefully, the hysterical criticism of him can now subside. :x

4- We can ramble on about trades, Kosi, Dal as much as we want, but the truth is that we have no idea what the coach thinks.

5- I am confident that the coaching and football departments will have enough wisdom to make the right decisions come trade time, and draft time. The rest is mere wishfull thinking and speculation on our part. :?:

6- The game is won and lost in the midfield. End of story. If we are to be a force over the coming years, this is where we must improve. WCE won a flag with no real fwd line, and a gun midfield. If you can't win the pill, your fwd line and defence have no hope, as we've just witnessed. :idea:

7- Our bach half looks ok. We probably need another key fwd flanker. Hopefully Kosi will improve? Milne and Scheids are ok as small fwds, but without proper delivery, they look average also. :idea:

8- Thank you to the players for having a crack and never giving up throughout the year. Thanks RL for putting "best practice" structures in place off field for the long term success. :D

I have no doubt that the entire list tries their guts out regardless of individual talent. They should all be afforded respect as individuals.

9- Thanks to my fellow supporters for the banter and debate. :D :lol:

10- RL is the right man for the job and should get a 12 month extension to implement his plan. Give him the suport he needs to make the hard decisions, and let him build a list capable of winning the big one. :D

That's it for this year. Will watch with interest in the next few months, and look foward to a great 2009.

Cheers. :D

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
Sam23
SS Life Member

Let me compact that post for you all

"We finished 4th and I am happy."

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Last edited by Sam23 on Mon 22 Sep 2008 12:06pm, edited 1 time in total.

Goddard.
ScubaSam44
Club Player

Some very good points.

and all this ranting on about trading Dal and kosi.
exacle....... no one knows what Lyon is thinking.

:)

Theres no substitute for hardwork- Robert Harvey.
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Sam23 wrote:Let me compact that post for you all

"We finished 4th and I am happy."

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Seeing that you are into mind reading... can you guess what sort of names I am refering to you as, right now??

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
bergsone
SS Life Member

ScubaSam44 wrote:Some very good points.

and all this ranting on about trading Dal and kosi.
exacle....... no one knows what Lyon is thinking.

:)
I often wonder what he is thinking too especially when names like Fiora,Birss etc come up