N1 and surrounding bays!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

N1 and surrounding bays!

:D Hello Folks! Well there we go! A sad end to the year but what a great bunch of supporters you are! The chanting before and during the game was magnificent! You never dropped your bundle and I was prouder than ever to be a part of our crowd. Anyone can chant and cheer when they're in front, you never surrendered. Take a bow!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Sam23
SS Life Member

haha, thought it was you there mate.

I was the one just a couple rows back from you.

Shame about the smug bastards behind us, ey.

Goddard.
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

N1 and surrounding bays!

Smug bastards? Oh yeah! but they were getting it back in spades were they not? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm no lover of Geelong supporters but I reckon they have a SMIDGIN more class than those ratbags behind us in the corporate box!!

timtam
Club Player

Re: N1 and surrounding bays!

thejiggingsaint wrote::D Hello Folks! Well there we go! A sad end to the year but what a great bunch of supporters you are! The chanting before and during the game was magnificent! You never dropped your bundle and I was prouder than ever to be a part of our crowd. Anyone can chant and cheer when they're in front, you never surrendered. Take a bow!
Glad someone was chanting as I was really disappointed with the lack of noise in the stands for the saints. It seems that we never have the same 'voice' that clubs such as Hawthorn last night and Collingwood the week before had.

1) Next to no-one cheered when the banner went up for us, but the Hawthorn supporters could be heard quite clearly!

2) When the boys ran out, once again, very little noise went up around the stadium

It seems that St Kilda supporters only truly become vocal once we have a substantial lead or look like we are going to win the game! Let's hope that in 2009, we can all find our voices and rival the noise made by the other clubs that we play! Our team probably didn't even think they had much support there last night. Granted certain sections of the crowd were loud, but not loud enough to be heard strong and true around the ground!

Don't argue with an idiot - people watching may not be able to tell the difference.
matrix
Saintsational Legend

Re: N1 and surrounding bays!

thejiggingsaint wrote:Smug bastards? Oh yeah! but they were getting it back in spades were they not? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm no lover of Geelong supporters but I reckon they have a SMIDGIN more class than those ratbags behind us in the corporate box!!
farking suit wearing tossers
reminds me......before the game i ducked out of gate 4 and dawdled over behind a food van for a quick cig and sat on the rail.
a young lad was kicking the footy, chasing it and then kicking it back to where he was originally.
Fair to say he was playing with himself :P
anyway.....the footy went over to two suit wearing lar dee dars who were walking down across the grass from their car....the kid waited for one of them to kick the footy back to him, but instead he picked it up (by the punt/rounded end :roll: ) thought about kicking it back for a millisecond and decides to throw it to the kid.
that 10 second piece of 'life' right there summed up what we all have been saying about the game becoming corporate with the GF taken over for people who actually dont have any idea or love about the game.
sorry for getting off topic (again :roll: )

saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

Thanks Dave you made the finals memorable thats for sure

p... off MW :) the jigsters with us in the social club :wink:

Before Im 85
oh when
Club Player

If you noticed the front section of M section was nearly all Hawthorn
and the Saints got the back sections under cover - which makes the noise go staight into the concrete above.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

N1 and surrounding bays!

I just heard the chanting and it sounded darned good (wherever it was coming from!)

Kris1
Club Player

Was sitting in M2 next to the cheersquad.

Loved the noise coming from upstairs, really inspirational. Did you see roo and Kosi looking up there in the third quarter, noticed them both looking that way a few times.

Cheersquad, poor effort, seems like we only bother when we are winning. Made no effort to lift the boys, particularly in the second quarter.

K