Heart Breakers I'll always love.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

go saintz

Heart Breakers I'll always love.

I love this team so much but they really can hurt you at times.
I am old enough to remember crying my eyes out as an 8 year old after the 71 grand final.
The tears have stopped but the pain of losing doesn't get any easier.
For whatever reason we are just never quite good enough.
So where to now ?
I have no idea.
Do we have a massive clean out and draft all the kids we can ?
Do we trade for the likes of Kerr to help push us over the line ?
I probably think we go with the kids.
What does everybody else think.

MasonCJ2
Club Player

Agreed and condolences - I feel your pain man: three Prelims in five years is way too close for not much return. I agree on the kids - Kerr will cost us, what? Our first pick and one of our top ten players (whether a straight swap or otherwise). Not sure that that is particularly wise, but can understand anyone hoping to get him. Otherwise, who knows who might come up. For what they cost, the four that we traded from other clubs were reasonable - King has not been super but very important given what we would have had playing otherwise, C Gardiner barely ok, but for pick 90! Dempster and Schneider together for pick 26 was well played in my mind. Schneids didn't have the best year, but did improve late, but I like the get job done factor about Dempster. No reason why there couldn't be a handful of delistings (no need to get rid of everyone) from the group of players that we have had on the list for a number of years without significant effect.

We are a sniff
coolingbaba
Club Player

Great post!

What every single Saints supporter is feeling.

The oldest man in the world was once asked :what's the key to living for so long?" and he replied "There will always be disappointment...it's how you deal with it."

I think Saints fans are pretty much experts with dealing with disappointment now.

I DEFINITELY think we can still win the flag next year! Get either Cousins or Kerr or both...keep ball, maguire and Hudghton back fit...find the new robert harvey to worship...and find out Mcevoy is a superstar!

Just think...noone had heard of Franklin before the finals last year.

RodKeoghsLoveChild
Club Player

How the hell anyone thinks we can even make the finals next year let alone win a G/F is beyond me.

Blind faith is a strange curse.....[/quote]

Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes.
python
Club Player

we just made a preliminary final, one step from the grand final, meaning we are in the top four teams in the comp, and your questioning how were gonna be in the 8 next year? well be there, the loss hurts but well be back

RodKeoghsLoveChild
Club Player

I think we need to go for youth and re-build. We may have just been in a prelim, but in all honesty we are light years away from holding up that elusive cup.

Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes.