Dal Santo

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Dal Santo

I'm sorry but...
c'mon, what the hell was this year?

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
makemytime
Club Player

been tagged heavily but thrived when let free. he has great natural ability and i'd like him to get a big preseason in him

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Needs to dramatically change the way he goes about things, in order to be able to make an impact every week.

battye
Saintsational Legend

Needs to learn how to battle a tag, really. I think turn him into a tagger himself and see how it goes.

He's struggling, so couldn't do any worse.

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
fonz_#15
SS Life Member

he is a scapegoat when we lose, and the hero when we win.. just an example of how fickle most fans are.

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

battye wrote:Needs to learn how to battle a tag, really. I think turn him into a tagger himself and see how it goes.

It's a good idea if you can get away with it. It relies on the other team accepting it, which they usually don't, so it ends up with a group of four. If one of the four is Luke Ball, we are are with a show. Otherwise, we are too physically weak to make it work.

tezza1
Club Player

Needs to put his head over the ball and welcome the inevitable body contact rather than hoping to extract the ball from the pack without pressure .

And watched a fair bit of Dal today . Runs aroud lazily when the opposition has the ball . Dont know if thats fair on him because I dont know if he is carrying out coaches orders to take up spot in some sort of zone but god it looks awful when we dont have possession.

Go Sainters !!!!!
Statsman
Club Player

He needs to get out of a jog for a start! He's never going to break a tag just plodding along at half pace. If you watch Dal Santo for any period of time you'll see that he rarely gets out of first gear.

Dal Santo needs to sit down over the summer and watch tapes of Harvey at his best. Learn how to gut run. Learn how to push yourself to the next contest. Learn how to work hard and get the most out of our abilities. Dal Santo is a very talented player, but a wasted talent at this point.

"Ask not what your teammates can do for you. Ask what you can do for your teammates." - Earvin 'Magic' Johnson
felixleo
Club Player

Must improve his defensive side, as good as dals ball use is Bateman showed him how it's done.

Are you gonna be the one?
Unforgiven
SS Life Member

fonz_#15 wrote:he is a scapegoat when we lose, and the hero when we win.. just an example of how fickle most fans are.
You very rarely see Dal Santo play well when we loose though. Chance Bateman gave him a bath, Dal Santo simply doesn't run the other way (definsivly). Got all the ability, I think he just needs more hunger, effort and endevour.

Carpe Diem
fonz_#15
SS Life Member

Saint Corin wrote:
fonz_#15 wrote:he is a scapegoat when we lose, and the hero when we win.. just an example of how fickle most fans are.
You very rarely see Dal Santo play well when we loose though. Chance Bateman gave him a bath, Dal Santo simply doesn't run the other way (definsivly). Got all the ability, I think he just needs more hunger, effort and endevour.
true, but people jup on and off the bandwagon daily...i don't see anything special about him at all. just a one trick pony really.

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

It's testament to him that if he plays well, we usually win.

He's a true gamebreaker. Unfortunately he is easily countered.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Statsman wrote:He needs to get out of a jog for a start! He's never going to break a tag just plodding along at half pace. If you watch Dal Santo for any period of time you'll see that he rarely gets out of first gear.

Dal Santo needs to sit down over the summer and watch tapes of Harvey at his best. Learn how to gut run. Learn how to push yourself to the next contest. Learn how to work hard and get the most out of our abilities. Dal Santo is a very talented player, but a wasted talent at this point.
True .... but wont happen.

I honestly dont think you can learn how to become a "gut runner"...

You are either born with the mental strength to do it, or not.

Dal Santo....does not have it.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
battye
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:
battye wrote:Needs to learn how to battle a tag, really. I think turn him into a tagger himself and see how it goes.

It's a good idea if you can get away with it. It relies on the other team accepting it, which they usually don't, so it ends up with a group of four. If one of the four is Luke Ball, we are are with a show. Otherwise, we are too physically weak to make it work.
I actually like the sound of that with Ball. I think you are spot on.

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD