I'm ready!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

I'm ready!

:D Okay Folks!! Time for the talking to stop as we confront the big challenge this evening! I'm strangely quiet and reflective here at the moment (most unlike me on matchday!!!) I am ready to face up to whatever is thrown at us from here on in!!!!! Ready to barrack and shout and cheer as never before! It feels SO strange not to have the weight of expectation thats been present in the past on the old shoulders.
All I can say is BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats it from me!! See you all there Folks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

GO SAINTS! GO SAINTS! GO SAINTS!

Dave :lol:

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
esaint66
SS Life Member

I'm right behind you Dave, i love not having the weight of expectation on our shoulders. It meens we can be ourselves and play our own game, plus we will have much more support.

BRING IT ON HAWTHORN !!!! :D :D

Remember Sainters ... wear lots of red tonight and be loud and be proud :wink: :D

Batnoe

Im ready also... but i am damn nervous.. i am so nervous i went to the toilet before and couldnt urinated, i hope it is nerves and i dont have a problem

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

Batnoe wrote:Im ready also... but i am damn nervous.. i am so nervous i went to the toilet before and couldnt urinated, i hope it is nerves and i dont have a problem
happened to me before actually.. so its not a problem.!
im nervous as hell , !!!

Lenny_Hayes7
Club Player

lol i wasnt doin too bad untill i came on here... now im pumped can't wait :twisted:

saint vince
Club Player

Bag is packed.

Kids organised for sleepover at nan's house.

Saints jumper in the bag.

Oh s**t where is my mcc card.

After an hour of searching including ringing the motel I stayed in last week after the game finally found it. It was being used as a bookmark.

Anyway took my mind off the actual game for a while.

See you all there.

Go saints '08'

True Blue Sainter
Club Player

GET EXCITED LADS & LASSES!

This is an absolutely HUGE game! I reckon we're a real shot of winning tonight...and I'm too scared to look at the possibility of playing next week! One week at a time! Let's give our vocal chords everything we have tonight to try and cheer the boys over the line!!

The Saints are coming!
3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

IT"S OUR TIME!!!!!!

yipper
SS Life Member

Thought I'd copy this onto this thread -

Well, it's time to sign-off and get ready to depart Gippsland for the trip up to the G'.

Leavin in about an hour - I'll go and clean my car out, pack the bag make some dinner for myself to take - and then, get changed into my Saints gear. This is it guys - Preliminary Final 2008. Win this and we have Grand Final week to enjoy and our team will be in it. Pride is in abundance today - this is what makes being a Saint worthwhile. This is the time - when you are so glad you got the Saints bug when you were a little tacker, that jumper looks magnificent today the Red, White & Black jumper that means so much to all of us. Pride in the fact that Robert Harvey is a St Kilda player, Pride that we again get to play-off for the right to a shot at the flag. It's here now - our time is here. This is our chance to be the ones everyone is envious of - we are St Kilda. The mighty Saints - go for it boys, leave nothing behind - give them all you've got.
we are - ST KILDA.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
True Blue Sainter
Club Player

yipper wrote:Thought I'd copy this onto this thread -

Well, it's time to sign-off and get ready to depart Gippsland for the trip up to the G'.

Leavin in about an hour - I'll go and clean my car out, pack the bag make some dinner for myself to take - and then, get changed into my Saints gear. This is it guys - Preliminary Final 2008. Win this and we have Grand Final week to enjoy and our team will be in it. Pride is in abundance today - this is what makes being a Saint worthwhile. This is the time - when you are so glad you got the Saints bug when you were a little tacker, that jumper looks magnificent today the Red, White & Black jumper that means so much to all of us. Pride in the fact that Robert Harvey is a St Kilda player, Pride that we again get to play-off for the right to a shot at the flag. It's here now - our time is here. This is our chance to be the ones everyone is envious of - we are St Kilda. The mighty Saints - go for it boys, leave nothing behind - give them all you've got.
we are - ST KILDA.
Beautifully summed up Yipper.

This is one of the proudest days of my life as a Saints supporter, who honestly thought we would have been here when we were staring down the barrel at 5-7 just a few short months ago?

The Saints are coming!
BakesFan
SS Life Member

Where are you sitting, Dave? I'll be watching for you.

CARNA SAINTERS!!!

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.(Eleanor Roosevelt)
Banger2Plugger
Club Player

Cameron Mooneys interview has got me smiling:

He said 'the side suffered from having a week off"!!!!!!

Goooooo Sainters!!!

If everyone speeds, why haven't you been overtaken?
esaint66
SS Life Member

True Blue Sainter wrote:who honestly thought we would have been here when we were staring down the barrel at 5-7 just a few short months ago?

EXACTLY !!!

You have just got to look how far we have come this season and look at last season, we didn't even play finals.

Brilliant 2nd half to the season and wheter we win or lose tonight, we have got a lot to look foward to and to be proud of.

BakesFan
SS Life Member

saint edward wrote:
True Blue Sainter wrote:who honestly thought we would have been here when we were staring down the barrel at 5-7 just a few short months ago?

EXACTLY !!!

You have just got to look how far we have come this season and look at last season, we didn't even play finals.

Brilliant 2nd half to the season and wheter we win or lose tonight, we have got a lot to look foward to and to be proud of.
One simple truth has never changed;
"The Saints' best football can beat anyone"

Rounds 1-22 mean nothing other than giving us an opportunity to get to here and now.

Two wins from here = A Flag.....
Our best is good enough to make that happen.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.(Eleanor Roosevelt)
mick13
Club Player

FKN PUMPED

And can't wait to see my man Armo kill it!

CMON SAINTS

I'll lose my voice screaming tonight methinks.

esaint66
SS Life Member

BakesFan wrote:
saint edward wrote:

EXACTLY !!!

One simple truth has never changed;
"The Saints' best football can beat anyone"

Rounds 1-22 mean nothing other than giving us an opportunity to get to here and now.

Two wins from here = A Flag.....
Our best is good enough to make that happen.

That is exactly right, just hope that the boys produce their best tonight. They will need to ... Finals arn't easy to win.

BakesFan
SS Life Member

mick13 wrote:FKN PUMPED

And can't wait to see my man Armo kill it!CMON SAINTS
Me either.... Mackay boys are FKCIN Tough!!! :D :D

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

I'm ready!

I'm with the Scotch terrier and Robert Walls!!!!
I'm workin up a mad NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm avoiding all traces of brown/gold in my attire
(even me skiddies! :wink: )
I'm feeling a sense of nervous energy but its under control!
I am above all..QUIETLY DETERMINED THAT OUR CHAMPION WILL PLAY NEXT WEEK AND I'M GONNA TRY MY DAMNDEST TO DO MY BIT!

Are Youse with ME???? (daft question :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: )

Hey Paul (Bakesfan) dont worry about where I'm sittin me owld mucker!!!
You're gonna bloody well HEAR me!! OH YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Hey Jiggster !!

Do ya reckon that wooden leg will get you to the Cricketers for a pre-match nerve settler !!

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

I'm ready!

Sorry Tom me owld 'tater! but its a "dry neet t'neet!" I've got the "jigging grandson" with me tonight and we'll be doing kick-to-kick" pre-game!! (I'm 95% fit now) Do my "Buy Eastern a drink vouchers" have a "use by date"? or can I redeem them at Livewire next year (OR next week if we are successful :wink: )

saint1974
Club Player

Bags are packed

kids got their jumpers flags scarves and singing voices

feeling nervous

excited

HARVEY HARVEY HARVEY

THE SAINTS ARE COMING!!!!!!!!!!!